C/D Ranks Mazda 6 2nd In Midsize Review - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 09:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
I had 3xGen3 Mazda6s all around me at once at one point on my commute home yesterday - 2xTouring White and Grey, my Blue and 1 black sport , so much for exclusivity . Seriously, I do see a lot more 6s on the road around here than new Accords, but Mazda's got a few years on Honda. As for styling, I still haven't warmed to the rear of the Accord and prefer the older more upright body-style. Still take the M6 anyday.
Rockinbluesron likes this.

2017.5 Mazda6 Touring 6sp. manual Deep Crystal Blue, Fog Lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 09:39 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by threedeuces View Post
I'm going against the grain here...I love the look of the new Accord and applaud Honda for going bold. Also, we're talking about garden variety family sedans here and not exotic collectibles so "aging well" isn't really high on many people's lists. How many of these sedans (Mazda or Honda) will be on the road in 10 or 15 years to be judged as "aging well"? Most will be beat or scrapped in 15 years.
I see a lot of older (at least 10 years) Mazdas around here in SoCal, they always seem to be very well maintained, definitely, not beaters. Hondas have a place, they are a pragmatic choice, but I don't believe they are loved the way so many Mazdas are. I don't hate the new Accord but it's not for me. I've never been a "car person," but I just love my blue Mazda. There is no other car I would feel that way about, it's a good quality car and it's great looking and fun to drive. I don't care about price or brand status, this car was by choice, not budget. The exception would be this one 6 figure (that's definitely out of my budget) sports car Gwen Stefani owns (I read an article about celebrity cars). I can't even remember what it was, but it was f'ing COOL and I imagine, amazing to drive.
Rockinbluesron likes this.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 12:11 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2007 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon @RaceSonoma

Sorry, I'll take the bait. Here's my 2007 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon twitter.com/RaceSonoma January 12, 2019: twitch.tv/videos/372043500

This board is being a piece of crap that it won't let me post links. You'll have to copy and paste.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Wing View Post
Sorry, I'll take the bait. Here's my 2007 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon twitter.com/RaceSonoma January 12, 2019: twitch.tv/videos/372043500

This board is being a piece of crap that it won't let me post links. You'll have to copy and paste.
@phillip wing when you get your posting permissions sorted out, head over to the Wagon Love thread and throw up a photo of your long top. We are trying to collect as many as possible there.

https://www.google.com/amp/forum.maz...s.html%3famp=1

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 09:51 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Is it only me, or am I seeing lot of Mazdas on the road lately? Especially the Mazdas6s and CX-5.Never noticed this before when I had my Camry.
Or may be I only look for Mazda on the road after I got mine.May be its clearance sale for the 2018 models.

2018 Mazda6 Touring with Snowflake White Mica and Sand Interior
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 08:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Groaned at 12 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsandesh View Post
Is it only me, or am I seeing lot of Mazdas on the road lately? Especially the Mazdas6s and CX-5.Never noticed this before when I had my Camry.
Or may be I only look for Mazda on the road after I got mine.May be its clearance sale for the 2018 models.
Yeah CX5 is everywhere in MA. As are CX9 and CX3. Next Mazda3 and then maybe the 6. 6 Touring are more prevelant. Have seen maybe one or two 2018 6 in Touring or GT trim.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

2018 Machine Gray Mazda6 Signature
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 10:02 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Here in San Antonio, there are ton's of Mazda 6's but I've only seen 2 other 2018s in the wild. Interesting how many 2nd and even 1st gen Mazda 6's are driving around.

The Accord and Mazda 6 are the epitome of on-paper versus what you actually want.

The 6 doesn't have the most leg room, trunk space, nor does it have a fancy 10-speed transmission; however it has a very nice interior, great driving dynamics, great features, etc. It's the sum of it's parts. Plus, it's not like I haven't been able to comfortably fit 3 other grown men in my Mazda 6.

Normally, seeing things in person make me change my mind. I thought the current Nissan Maxima was ugliest car ever when I first saw it, but now I love the design. However, the Accord's design isn't cohesive from any angle and hasn't grown on me at all.

Overall, I was willing to give up the slight advantages of the Accord for a car that performs as good as it looks, inside and out. With the Mazda 6(especially this Grand Touring Reserve trim), I could've paid MSRP and still feel like I got what I paid for. I wouldn't feel the same way with the Accord.

2018 Mazda 6

Grand Touring Reserve
Deep Crystal Blue Exterior
Black Interior
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 11:29 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Thanked 1,146 Times in 836 Posts
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Garage
Just for my information, I built up an Accord on their website, equipping it with the features I have on my Reserve (all the safety features, moonroof, etc.)

Turns out I'd need to specify the 2.0T Touring trim. I also had to spec the rear lip spoiler (which the Reserve has standard).

The difference in cost? I'd have to pay $5800 MORE for the Accord! That's about 20%!!

Are you getting 20% more car for your money? No way!

Plus, at $36K, I'd be looking at the luxury market (Audi/BMW), not a 4-door family sedan.

Sorry, but I just can't justify paying that premium. I can't see how any smart car shopper would.

2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Groaned at 12 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz6GreyGhost View Post
Just for my information, I built up an Accord on their website, equipping it with the features I have on my Reserve (all the safety features, moonroof, etc.)

Turns out I'd need to specify the 2.0T Touring trim. I also had to spec the rear lip spoiler (which the Reserve has standard).

The difference in cost? I'd have to pay $5800 MORE for the Accord! That's about 20%!!

Are you getting 20% more car for your money? No way!

Plus, at $36K, I'd be looking at the luxury market (Audi/BMW), not a 4-door family sedan.

Sorry, but I just can't justify paying that premium. I can't see how any smart car shopper would.
For 36K I'd still buy my Sig.

Comparative priced Germans are between 45 and 55. 60 if you want ALL the bells and whistles. IMO

2018 Machine Gray Mazda6 Signature
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 01:28 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocramida View Post
For 36K I'd still buy my Sig.

Comparative priced Germans are between 45 and 55. 60 if you want ALL the bells and whistles. IMO

My main issue with German cars; It's not enough that the base price is over $50,000 for a 2.0L Turbo, but if I want basic shit like advanced safety equipment, heated and ventilated seats, and LED headlights you have to add $5,000-$10,000 in options. $20,000 over the MSRP of a higher trim Mazda 6 should be more than enough to increase the material quality/fit and finish/performance while still having a nice assortment of standard features.

Look at the Mercedes CLA. You could easily pay $40,000 for it and still end up with reflector halogen headlights on a FWD compact car.
ocramida likes this.

2018 Mazda 6

Grand Touring Reserve
Deep Crystal Blue Exterior
Black Interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page