2014 Mazda 6 vs. 2014 Mazda 3 - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 01:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster60 View Post
RE: 15' 6's, my local dealer said they would be out Q1..

I agree that the 3 hatch looks sharper than the sedan, and in fact I actually wanted to lease a 3 hatch, but it was actually less expensive by $20/mo to lease a 6 Touring due to the Dec lease deals.

Not sure how it changes if you want to buy, but a lease was less expensive on the 6 and for me it became a no-brainer...
Dealers would say anything about a new model year. I should know because I work at one. Not a Mazda dealer though. They just say that just because they want to. They could say there is a fix for the Mazda 6 infotainment system coming in 2 weeks and it'll will spread like wildfire. There is no public info on the 2015.

As far as leasing, it's very confusing. You could in turn finance the vehicle if you want to keep it. But I think there is some sort of formula to purchase the vehicle outright. I think residual value comes into play. The 3 is a brand new vehicle that just came out. They probably won't have any leasing deals until mid next year.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Groans: 20
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptystreets130 View Post
Dealers would say anything about a new model year. I should know because I work at one. Not a Mazda dealer though. They just say that just because they want to. They could say there is a fix for the Mazda 6 infotainment system coming in 2 weeks and it'll will spread like wildfire. There is no public info on the 2015.
It makes absolutely no sense for a dealer to tell anyone that there is going to be changes/improvements in the next model year of a vehicle. That is basically telling people "don't buy this car from me today".

2015 Mazda6 Grand Touring.
2003 Mazda6 S Sedan. MTX.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavintech View Post
It makes absolutely no sense for a dealer to tell anyone that there is going to be changes/improvements in the next model year of a vehicle. That is basically telling people "don't buy this car from me today".
That's true. Never thought of that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2014 Mazda 6 Touring Liquid Silver Auto

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
When you're test driving, try to go on a rough freeway. I'd expect a difference in road noise and ride quality between the two cars since the 6 has a longer wheelbase. I also bet a base or touring 6 will have better resale than a loaded 3 - just because top trim models lose more of their value percentage wise. The 3 has the added utility of a hatch if you use it, but note that will also add noise to the cabin.

Personally, I didn't like the floating screen in the 3. The screen felt cheap compared to the rest of the cabin, which was really good. The 6 screen isn't great either, but blends into the interior better.

2014 Mazda6. Touring. Soul Red / Sand interior. Long term updates
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jollyjerry For This Useful Post:
6FeetDeep (06-05-2014), Gavintech (12-10-2013)
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 02:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I picked the 6 over the 3 because of the looks IMO the exterior design looks better on the 6. However this is clearly subjective so it's really up to you to pick whichever you like more.

Other than styling, there is more space on the backseat, you have rear seat AC vents, auto up sunroof, security alarm (yes the 3 doesn't come with one, it's not even an option), remote trunk release (I'm not sure if the 3 has that but don't take my word for it). In general to me the 6 was more refined than the 3.

If these small details don't matter to you then the 3 is an excellent car! Gets great mileage, drives great and can get the same 2.5L engine as the 6

2014 Mazda6 GT, Soul Red
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I also had the same dilema. I went to the local dealership to look at a 3 Hatch, but all they had was the sedans, I test drove one of them and it seemed ok. I went inside with the salesguy and saw the 6 and test drove the GT with Tech and decided on that. The ride is better on the 6 and it is a far sexier car.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I had the opposite dilemma. Went in to look at the 3 and fell in love with the 6. Test drove both, liked the 6 better. Plus I think the Kodo design language looks much nicer on the 6. Plus the 19s look dead sexy. I know the infotainment system ain't perfect in the 6, but I couldn't stand the tacked on looking ipad-like screen in the 3. Last but not least, the 6 looks like a Man's car. The 3 looks like a Boy's car. IMHO
The Following User Says Thank You to Mickey For This Useful Post:
CrazyBiker (06-05-2014)
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
The new 3 looks so much like the 6, I have a hard time telling them apart without looking at the trunk. They're both great looking cars -- as are all the new Mazdas, IMHO. Although I'm not a big fan of the popped-up touchscreen, I like the fact that all the knobs are on the center console instead of the head unit. And I actually prefer the interior of the 3 to the 6. I wish my GT had those faux carbon fiber accents. But I need the extra space and prefer the better ride that comes with a longer wheelbase. As mentioned earlier, the Mazda 6 Touring with the Tech Package is the real buy here; unless you need the alarm, real leather seats or can't live without those dead sexy LED DRLs (I could not).
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 10:20 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Midsize sedans generally look attractive when cruising on the road plus when driving on highway with windy condition you would want your car to be bigger IMO
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My wife and I were having the same discussion, so we decided to hell with it, and we bought one of each, so now we have a 2014 3 touring hatch, and A 2014 6 touring manual sitting in the driveway. Both cars are awesome and now we can choose how much space we may need for any given situation.
Plus our sales person at the Mazda Gallery in Norwood Massachusetts suggested one of us get the 6 because we plan on having a family, and the 6 is a little better suited to having child seats in the back seats.

So there you have it, one of each is the best answer to the question to which one should I get!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page