Review: General G-MAX AS-05 225/45R19 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
Review: General G-MAX AS-05 225/45R19

Well I finally replaced my OEM tires at 40,000 miles and change. I have been rotating every 10k, but bought the car at 12k. I am not sure if they were ever rotated before me. I had one tire past the wear bars, and the other three were right at it.

I chose these tires, because Tire Rack has their in depth comparisons/reviews. And these seemed to hang with the BFG's and incur a lower cost. They did have pretty good snow traction, which was also a contributing factor. I do have to admit part of me wanted to support General because of the tires I have on my pickup, they were good, might as well support the brand if possible.

When I took it in, there may have been balance issues, but it rode like crap, passenger head rest lightly shook, but chocked it up to being a crappy road or something.

New tires on, it's like it's on glass everywhere I go. They are extremely quiet also. Currently have them set to 34 psi. Previous tires I had to 35 psi, and they seemed like they were wearing out the centers quicker than the outsides. I think the last 10-15k miles on the oem's i had set them to 32 psi to fight the wear. We'll see how these go, I have been documenting tread depth at each oil change. The My CarFax Maintenance app is pretty handy. It has a fuel economy tracker in it too for you to log fuel into.

2016 Mazda6 Touring
2011 Ford F150
1994 Ford Mustang GT
1948 Willys CJ2A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
I've got about 10K on mine; run them at 38/37 cold. I also have the BFGs on my wife pristine 55K 2007 V6 Honda Accord coupe. Both are are great high-performance all-season tires!

2016 Touring manual Deep Crystal Blue Mica/Sand leatherette

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% 3M Ceramic film|OEM NAVI, cargo tray, F&R splash guards|TPI C726445F Wheel Locks|Interior & BKup LEDs|iJDMTOY Fogs yellow Lamin-x & H9s Mazda stalk|H9 headlights
A119 dashcam w/GPS & Lexar microSDXC 128GB|Polk Audio DB351s/100V 47uF caps in dash|DXI 651s rear doors|Kenwood KSC-SW11 subwoofer|Thermoquiet acoustic insulation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page