General G-Max A/S 05 vs Yokohama Advan Sport A/S - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Trippp

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
General G-Max A/S 05 vs Yokohama Advan Sport A/S

Hello. I have a 2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with 32K+ miles on the original Dunlop tires that are loud. Thinking about replacing them with either the General G-max A/S 05 or the Yokohama Advan Sport A/S as the Dunlops are nearing their end. From what I read on Tire Rack, the Generals are better in the wet but the Yokos are quieter based on user ratings. Has anyone used both and can comment on the noise or traction of either?

BTW also thought about getting Continental Extreme Contact Sports as I live in SoCal but am worried about treadlife and noise.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 04:11 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah, they both have gotten some pretty good reviews, but the Generals are a bit cheaper priced. Depends on your budget. Here's a site that I've ordered from before and have some pretty low prices: www.onlinetires.com

2014 Mazda 6 Touring....it's ALL stock (for now).
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 03:47 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Garage
FWIW, I love the Conti Extreme Contact DWS 06. I'm on my 4th set (2009 6 iGT x2 sets, 2016 6 GT, currently swapped out the Falkens on my 2018 6 GT Reserve). They're grippy wet and dry, quiet, great steering feel. The only down side is the tread life is ~30K. They're a great tire for the 6 and balance grip and comfort. When I replaced the original Dunlops on my 2016, the reduction in noise was significant (as was the increase in handling).
Timothy1_17 likes this.

'18 Machine Gray GT Reserve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 09:20 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I just put some of those General AS/05's on my Mazdaspeed. I can't hear any tire noise at all, although the exhaust on the Speed is likely much louder than your 2015. I'm loving the tires, can't believe they are so cheap, they're much more responsive than the Goodyears they replaced.

Beep Beep
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Garage
I purchased the G-max A/S 05 when they first came out about 20 months ago. Compared to the OEM Dunlops, they are quieter and much better in the rain. Overall if they are significantly cheaper, buy them! Also consider the BFG G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S which is louder but a great overall A/S tire. I have those on my wife's 2007 V6 Accord coupe 55,000 garage queen!

2016 Touring manual Deep Crystal Blue Mica/Sand leatherette

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% 3M Ceramic film|OEM NAVI, cargo tray, F&R splash guards|TPI C726445F Wheel Locks|Interior & BKup LEDs|iJDMTOY Fogs yellow Lamin-x & H9s Mazda stalk|H9 headlights
A119 dashcam w/GPS & Lexar microSDXC 128GB|Polk Audio DB351s/100V 47uF caps in dash|DXI 651s rear doors|Kenwood KSC-SW11 subwoofer|Thermoquiet acoustic insulation
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 08:47 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippp View Post
FWIW, I love the Conti Extreme Contact DWS 06. I'm on my 4th set (2009 6 iGT x2 sets, 2016 6 GT, currently swapped out the Falkens on my 2018 6 GT Reserve). They're grippy wet and dry, quiet, great steering feel. The only down side is the tread life is ~30K. They're a great tire for the 6 and balance grip and comfort. When I replaced the original Dunlops on my 2016, the reduction in noise was significant (as was the increase in handling).
I have the CONTINENTAL Extreme Contact Sport for my summer set and love them, so far...only put about 2,000 miles on them before switching to my winter set. I was also seriously considering the CONTINENTAL Extreme Contact DSW 06 tires, and have heard nothing but great things about them.

The Extreme Contact Sport have been quiet, smooth and super sticky, I'll just be curios how long they last. That is the one thing I've heard about the Sport and DWS 06, their tread life is not the best. Time will tell.

2018 Mazda6 GTR White Pearl

ENKEI Tuning Series TD5 Pearl Black | CONTINENTAL Extreme Contact Sport | Tinted Windows | OEM Splash Guards | Door Sill Trim Plates | Husky Liners Floor Mats

Coming Soon: Tanabe Strut Tower Brace | Ultra Racing Rear Anti-Sway Bar

Thinking About: CorkSport Boost Tube | Catback Exhaust | Free-flow Cat | ECU Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page