Mazda 6 Forums banner

Painted my wheels....

9K views 48 replies 10 participants last post by  Hoyta 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
I'd say the next step would be to plastidip some accents on the car the same color.

Starting with badges? And perhaps the strip up front?

I like the color though. Wish my car was white or black so I could dip my wheels a crazy neon color.

Reactions: Nprguymc
#7 ·
One in the same... except plastidip would allow you to change it up every so often.

You should paint some other accent parts to bring it all together.

#11 ·
Obviously they aren't the same on a physical level. Are you dense? Or do you believe that I am?

:huh:

The point I'm trying to make is that you need to CHANGE THE COLOR of other things on the car to match, otherwise I think it just looks out of place.

#9 ·
Not really a fan of the color but whatever floats the boat though. Btw I'd also like to know what type of wheels those are, look kinda like Vossen's?

#13 ·
#21 ·
#22 · (Edited)
I tried to ask about the wheel direction too....they are "supposed to be the way I mounted them". The guys that put my wheels on initially did that, and I made them change it. The Vossens boxes specified right vs left. I wouldn't imagine they would make a structural difference with each direction?

#23 ·
too flashy for me, but I'm seriously considering replacing my fogs now :eek:

#30 ·
Anybody who recommends anything plastic dip loses all credibility in my eyes. Next step is bags and true 3 piece wheels.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
why? for $70 i completely changed how side profile of my car looks by plastidipping with custom color and clearcoating on top? Only people on this forum and myself know they are PD because of how well they came out. There is nothing rice about them. Be nice, like others are nice about the color of your wheels :)

#28 ·
@solar365- did you really recommend plastic dip too?! I can't stand that stuff, but that's just me

And you guys are absolutely right- my wheels are on backwards?? damnit. I'll eat crow here
I threw plasti-dip out to see if it would stick for you, it aint stickin, so no harm in that.

I'd never plastidip my own wheels personally.

#31 · (Edited)
@cibersay- it's not about being mean- don't get upset lol. And of course your wheels aren't rice- they are stock?! I'm a painter and have seen a ton of horror stories with plastic dip. Yes, your stock wheels are a different color, good for you. I painted my stocks for 35.00 prob and it will last. I'm sorry, i absolutely despise the crap. I can see the texture in your wheels as well, so the smoothness argument is invalid.

#38 · (Edited)
You got your butt hurt over me talking about plastic dip- seriously? Why take offense to that? I have my views on the stuff, you are obviously in love with it. Don't let these things get to you so easily.
And yes, to me that car is plain. It's like every other 1st gen at the car meets I go to. I appreciate the build though- and told him so.
P.s. Your wheels are stock, and I don't have to ask my wife permission to buy things?

#41 ·
Since this thread has taken a turn for the worst (aka personal opinion vs personal opinion) I'll leave my thought as this. @Hoyta, your car got 6OTM for a reason and though I can't speak for others, I have a hard time thinking you would have earned that with submissions of your car with current color wheels. It just doesn't seem to flow. And I agree, it's not a matter of Vossen vs Niche. Your wheels looked great for $500 less and I probably would have gone with that too if I had known of them at the time. From a daily driver standpoint I'm sure it has no difference.

#42 ·
@ballsy- I got 4 votes- nobody voted really. 6otm really isn't a big deal when only 4 people vote. As for your opinion on the wheels- I can respect that. I can also say that if you and I were at a car show, mine would win every time vs yours. Yours looks stock almost, very minimal drop and almost stock wheel size. To each their own though. We still need to meet up in Raleigh at some point brotha! As for the vossens- I'm not knocking your wheels- I didn't go with them because they had a forged price tag, but aren't forged. They actually were almost 1k less than vossens. We sell vossens at my job though, so can't knock them too bad

#46 ·
@ballsy- I got 4 votes- nobody voted really. 6otm really isn't a big deal when only 4 people vote. As for your opinion on the wheels- I can respect that. I can also say that if you and I were at a car show, mine would win every time vs yours. Yours looks stock almost, very minimal drop and almost stock wheel size. To each their own though. We still need to meet up in Raleigh at some point brotha! As for the vossens- I'm not knocking your wheels- I didn't go with them because they had a forged price tag, but aren't forged. They actually were almost 1k less than vossens. We sell vossens at my job though, so can't knock them too bad

True on the vote thing....kinda forgot about that. Either way, you deserved that win (imo), no matter how many votes there was total. I haven't had a chance to update pics, I did have it dropped a bit more. It's not anywhere near stock. I need to measure, but by looks it's around 1.5" possibly a little more. Can't go any further due to minimal rub on tight cornering at speeds above 45mph (though its the felt type material in wheel well being rubbed and not the fender I don't think). Not near as low as you or JITB but I'm just not willing to roll fenders, etc....in order to slam it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.