User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
With the fenders completely rolled and slightly pulled they still rub on turns and medium size dips mainly on the drivers side though. Not really in the position to buy 4 new tires right now. How do you guys think putting the rear in the front and front in the rear will effect it since the fronts are a half inch thinner and there seems to be more room in the front?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBopp View Post
With the fenders completely rolled and slightly pulled they still rub on turns and medium size dips mainly on the drivers side though. Not really in the position to buy 4 new tires right now. How do you guys think putting the rear in the front and front in the rear will effect it since the fronts are a half inch thinner and there seems to be more room in the front?
Why would you need 4 new tires? Car is not awd.

And swapping the wheels from the front axle to rear axle will not have any real effect on the car except maybe a slightly more "off" speedo, ever so slightly.

http://tire-size-conversion.com/spee...r-calibration/

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2004 Mazda 6 Sport V6 MTX-Steel Grey

MSDS Headers/Ported Intake Manifolds + 1/2" Spacer/Injen CAI/3.7L OTB/TGNY TB Spacer/Magnaflow CBE/AWR 88 Mounts/Rotora H2 Ceramic Brakes//CF Evo Hood,Grill,Eyelids,Window Visors,Mirror Covers/CAR-LED Tails/35W 5000k HIDs/55W 6000k Integrated Fogs/LED Fogs/1000w Xplōd Amp/Two 800w 12" Xplōd Subs/15% Tints/18x8.5 +50 Kazera "CF" Rims/Hankook Ventus Evo 245/40/18

Future Mods:Powermod Tuner/Custom DoubleDin/BC Coils
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmazda View Post
Why would you need 4 new tires? Car is not awd.

And swapping the wheels from the front axle to rear axle will not have any real effect on the car except maybe a slightly more "off" speedo, ever so slightly.

Speedometer Calibration

The fronts will need to be replaced soon due to camber wear from the previous owner. And if I kept the rears in the back I would need smaller tires for them not to rub. Would it look retarded with wider in the front?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 05:30 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Well it is a fwd car so it is practical...there's only one way to find out. Swap them before your tires are gone just to see how it looks that way , I don't think you'll really notice too much of a difference anyways.

2004 Mazda 6 Sport V6 MTX-Steel Grey

MSDS Headers/Ported Intake Manifolds + 1/2" Spacer/Injen CAI/3.7L OTB/TGNY TB Spacer/Magnaflow CBE/AWR 88 Mounts/Rotora H2 Ceramic Brakes//CF Evo Hood,Grill,Eyelids,Window Visors,Mirror Covers/CAR-LED Tails/35W 5000k HIDs/55W 6000k Integrated Fogs/LED Fogs/1000w Xplōd Amp/Two 800w 12" Xplōd Subs/15% Tints/18x8.5 +50 Kazera "CF" Rims/Hankook Ventus Evo 245/40/18

Future Mods:Powermod Tuner/Custom DoubleDin/BC Coils
The Following User Says Thank You to ctmazda For This Useful Post:
SBopp (07-23-2014)
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

yea probably not since the rears have a little bit higher offset, you would think it would even out. Ill either do that or try to find a good deal on tires. Not sure if I should go for 225 35r19 on front and back our or maybe a 235 35r19.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Quoted: 1047 Post(s)
Thanked 1,093 Times in 873 Posts
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did you have any problems getting the center bore of the wheels to fit onto your hubs?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 Mazda 6s GS | Hatchback | Tungsten Gray

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmceorange View Post
Did you have any problems getting the center bore of the wheels to fit onto your hubs?
Hey man I just stumbled upon this. I got rid of these wheels a long time ago but I had to modify the center bore. They were too small so I bored them out with a drill and a metal file until they fit perfectly. Wasn't hard at all and came out pretty good if I might add.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Quoted: 1047 Post(s)
Thanked 1,093 Times in 873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBopp View Post
Hey man I just stumbled upon this. I got rid of these wheels a long time ago but I had to modify the center bore. They were too small so I bored them out with a drill and a metal file until they fit perfectly. Wasn't hard at all and came out pretty good if I might add.
Yea. I had a set of the 18s in same style and was going to use a router to open the bore, but due to the work involved in getting to fit the fenders, I decided to sell. I was just curious if for some reason the 19s were less work, because they look so good.

2006 Mazda 6s GS | Hatchback | Tungsten Gray

|
|
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmceorange View Post
Yea. I had a set of the 18s in same style and was going to use a router to open the bore, but due to the work involved in getting to fit the fenders, I decided to sell. I was just curious if for some reason the 19s were less work, because they look so good.
Dude I wanted the 18s but couldn't find them. I loved that style rim. It only took me like 20 minutes to do all 4 rims. I thought it would be a lot of work but it really wasnt at all
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 08:58 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Looks good. Bargain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page