post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
RX-8 or 6s GT Rims?

So, I have a 6s GT with the optional 18" rims on it, but they are not in the best condition, due to road wear. I recently came across a guy selling some stock 18" RX-8 rims and they are in decent condition. Some wear, but nothing serious. 300 bux with tires, two of which still have decent tread. Any thoughts on whether or not I should go for it and replace my old rims?

Black 2006 6s GT: 6000k low beams/fogs; 5000k high beams; 18" RX8 rims; Smoked side markers w/orange LED light; window vents; Plastidipped chrome OEM grille; MP3 player mod; Injen CAI; MS6 StopTech brakes (front)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 08:59 PM
100% CANUCK

Mentioned: 361 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1305 Post(s)
Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,205 Posts
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Id buy em up for sure. Our cars look great with rx-8 wheels.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---
---
---
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Yeah, I agree, just wanted to see what you guys on here thought, too. I've seen plenty of pictures of our cars with them, and it's pretty sexy. Though, so are the 6s rims O.o. Decisions decisions.

Black 2006 6s GT: 6000k low beams/fogs; 5000k high beams; 18" RX8 rims; Smoked side markers w/orange LED light; window vents; Plastidipped chrome OEM grille; MP3 player mod; Injen CAI; MS6 StopTech brakes (front)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 09:48 PM
100% CANUCK

Yeah i like my 18" snowflake wheels too, but id take rx-8 wheels over them ANY day.

---
---
---
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Especially at $300!

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 10:18 PM
100% CANUCK

Exactly.

---
---
---
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 08:54 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Thanked 1,168 Times in 855 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
$300?

If you don't buy them, I will! Send me the info...

2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Go with the RX8's. If you don't like the color you can always paint or plasti dip them (which will actually last a long time if you prep your wheels properly prior to dipping... got a bud of mine that dipped his going 2.5 years now and they still look great).
Those RX8's would look especially great with the new anthracite they developed (going to be my new wheel color after I get my 6 back from the shop-warranty work, go fig). https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php

AKA: z00mer
Mods..... I have a couple.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
I have RX8's on my 6 that I paid $250 for a few years ago. I bought new tires and had the rims powder coated and the total cost came out too about $1100-$1300. If you're not going to plasti dip or paint them yourself then I'd pass on the RX8's and use that money towards some custom rims.

You should estimate your total investment with these rims before you purchase them. If I would've realized that I was going to spend upwards of $1,000 I would've just bought some custom rims with a chrome lip and new tires for the same price. Just sayin', "Know your what you're getting yourself into!"

I sold her for a 2013 Dodge Challenger. I'll be back if a MazdaSpeed6 version comes back!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

I just bought the rims. I'll have them on, hopefully, by next weekend.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page