17x8 +35 offset with S.Techs - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Canadian6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pei, Canada
Posts: 348
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Thanks: 5
Thanked 66 Times in 52 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 1 reviews
17x8 +35 offset with S.Techs

Hey everybody. I destroyed two rims in a massive pothole the other day so I'm in the market for my first set of aftermarket ones. I have my eyes on a set of Rota Grids in 17x8 with a +35 backspacing and Rota G-Forces in the same size with +48 backspacing. I'm curious if they'll fit, I've checked the members wheels forum and just confused myself even more. Currently I have a 2004 Mazda 6 wagon with S.Techs waiting to be installed. Would both/neither of these fit with/without fender rolling(which I don't have)? Thanks and hope to be rocking some awesome new rims soon!

1971 Datsun 510 (New Toy)
100% original. Soon to have built L16/5Speed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2004 Mazda6 Wagon
Engine - MSDS Headers and Catless Y Pipe, Injen Intake, CPE Maf Customizer, TB Coolant Bypass, EGR Mod, Injen Cat Back, 3.7 Optimized Throttle Body, Accel 4v Cobra Coils
Suspension/Exterior - Tein S.Tech Springs, Plasti Dipped Sport Grill, Door Guards Removed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Canadian6 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Registered User
 
tank1707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,677
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Thanks: 330
Thanked 224 Times in 199 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: 0 reviews
Re: 17x8 +35 offset with S.Techs

I have a 03 6 no hatch and am running 18x8 with +35 its not a bad fit for stock height but since I have weight in the trunk (sub box) they run decently on uphill entrances and fast dips. If you lower I'm sure you with have the same problem with a +35 offset
I'm getting my fenders rolled soon and maybe shaving the back of my wheel 3mm to pull it in a bit for a nicer no rub fit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2003 ATX Speed Yellow 6i:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tank1707 is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Registered User
 
CanyonRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 1,055
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Thanks: 162
Thanked 590 Times in 353 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Go with the +48. The +35 will require a fender roll.
CR

2003 Mazda 6s MTX
Mods - Yeah, I got
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My Threads:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like our Race Team's Facebook page:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My YouTube Channel for in-car track videos:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CanyonRider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 05:34 PM
Learners License
 
Ghost6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
I am looking to buy the XXR 522's in 17x8 +35. I have already had the rear fenders rolled from my previous Enkei OR52's which were 17x7 +38. I never rubbed with the OR52's but since the XXR's are a little more aggressive would i need to roll the front fenders also or do you think ill be ok? Im on stock suspension for now and don't plan on any lowering till summer due to winter here. One of my Enkei's are bent at the hub. Bought them used that way and none of the wheel repair shops around here can repair it and the OR52's are discontinued and enkei doesn't have any so might as well get new wheels. Let me know what you guys think.

XXR 522 17x8 +35 w/rolled fenders,Door molding mod,Air box mod,Resonator mod, 35w 8000k hids fog and low beam,Mssport style grille,Glowshift gauges,Glowshift Center triple gauge pod,Spin on oil conversion,Ultra white reverse leds,Corksport led kit,Black Headlight housing, side marker and reflectors smoked,plasti-dip badges black,Tail light mod,Marker light mod , blacked out stock exhaust.
Ghost6 is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 07:05 PM
Registered User
 
Mazda v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 389
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Thanks: 62
Thanked 42 Times in 37 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian6 View Post
Hey everybody. I destroyed two rims in a massive pothole the other day so I'm in the market for my first set of aftermarket ones. I have my eyes on a set of Rota Grids in 17x8 with a +35 backspacing and Rota G-Forces in the same size with +48 backspacing. I'm curious if they'll fit, I've checked the members wheels forum and just confused myself even more. Currently I have a 2004 Mazda 6 wagon with S.Techs waiting to be installed. Would both/neither of these fit with/without fender rolling(which I don't have)? Thanks and hope to be rocking some awesome new rims soon!
Sorry man but that wont fit.
I used to have an s tech with a 17x7+48 rims and it still rubbed. I had to get my fenders rolled and flattened and the well liner trimmed and it still rubbed occationally.
You will have to get a stiffer suspension for that wheel. Stech are soft.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Life is like a rock, it's Hard!!! Bwahhahhahha
Mazda v6 is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 07:09 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,736
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Thanks: 519
Thanked 517 Times in 389 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda v6 View Post
Sorry man but that wont fit.
I used to have an s tech with a 17x7+48 rims and it still rubbed. I had to get my fenders rolled and flattened and the well liner trimmed and it still rubbed occationally.
You will have to get a stiffer suspension for that wheel. Stech are soft.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
You're joking I hope? I run 17x9 +43 with a 245/45 tire and my fenders are rolled. Nothing needed to be trimmed. I'm slammed on BCs as well. Op that will fit fine so long as you don't put huge tires on it. You will need to roll your fenders though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
xkreedx is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Registered User
 
Mazda v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 389
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Thanks: 62
Thanked 42 Times in 37 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkreedx View Post
You're joking I hope? I run 17x9 +43 with a 245/45 tire and my fenders are rolled. Nothing needed to be trimmed. I'm slammed on BCs as well. Op that will fit fine so long as you don't put huge tires on it. You will need to roll your fenders though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Im not.. well you got a bc coils so they are much stiffer than the stech that the op is planning to get and what I had.. they suck on wide wheel and dips on certain speed.. they will rub if the op gets the stech. So either get the eibach or a coilovers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Life is like a rock, it's Hard!!! Bwahhahhahha
Mazda v6 is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Learners License
 
Ghost6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkreedx View Post
You're joking I hope? I run 17x9 +43 with a 245/45 tire and my fenders are rolled. Nothing needed to be trimmed. I'm slammed on BCs as well. Op that will fit fine so long as you don't put huge tires on it. You will need to roll your fenders though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Ok would I need the front feeders rolled also? I'm looking to get these by the end of today or tomorrow morning. I would be running these with the stock tire size. I have already rolled the rear fenders with the guy you gave me but found out one of the enkei's was bent at the hub and hubcap heaven couldn't repair it and I am still gonna go to wheel werks and see if they can repair it but in the meantime I'm just gonna grab a new set

XXR 522 17x8 +35 w/rolled fenders,Door molding mod,Air box mod,Resonator mod, 35w 8000k hids fog and low beam,Mssport style grille,Glowshift gauges,Glowshift Center triple gauge pod,Spin on oil conversion,Ultra white reverse leds,Corksport led kit,Black Headlight housing, side marker and reflectors smoked,plasti-dip badges black,Tail light mod,Marker light mod , blacked out stock exhaust.
Ghost6 is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 12:18 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,736
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Thanks: 519
Thanked 517 Times in 389 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda v6 View Post
Im not.. well you got a bc coils so they are much stiffer than the stech that the op is planning to get and what I had.. they suck on wide wheel and dips on certain speed.. they will rub if the op gets the stech. So either get the eibach or a coilovers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Rubbing has nothing to do with suspension. I'm on the softest setting and tucking tire. It has to do with offset width and tire size.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
xkreedx is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 12:18 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,736
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Thanks: 519
Thanked 517 Times in 389 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost6 View Post
Ok would I need the front feeders rolled also? I'm looking to get these by the end of today or tomorrow morning. I would be running these with the stock tire size. I have already rolled the rear fenders with the guy you gave me but found out one of the enkei's was bent at the hub and hubcap heaven couldn't repair it and I am still gonna go to wheel werks and see if they can repair it but in the meantime I'm just gonna grab a new set
No. There really nothing to roll in the front you should be good to go dude.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
xkreedx is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to xkreedx For This Useful Post:
Ghost6 (11-29-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome