General Wheel and tire fitment - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Re: General Wheel and tire fitment

So if I run 245/40/r18x8 at a about 35+ offset ill be fine right?

Sent from the Desert using Psychic Abilities

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
General Wheel and tire fitment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knupsel View Post
So if I run 245/40/r18x8 at a about 35+ offset ill be fine right?

35 is still pretty aggressive you'd more than likely have rubbing and/or need a fender roll especially with meaty 245's. I'd suggest staying above 40, the higher the less chances of rubbing you will have, and thus eventually caving in and getting your fenders rolled due to your tires getting chewed up. Even with a 40-50 offset, I'd recommend a 235 just to be on the safe side if you absolutely do not want a roll and do want to run wide(r) tires.

You can run so much more aggressive (low offset) and nicer rims with wide tires without having to worry about rubbing at all, I'm not sure why you are so against it. It is what most of us do when we upgrade to aftermarket wheels anyways.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2004 Mazda 6 Sport V6 MTX-Steel Grey

MSDS Headers/Ported Intake Manifolds + 1/2" Spacer/Injen CAI/3.7L OTB/TGNY TB Spacer/Magnaflow CBE/AWR 88 Mounts/Rotora H2 Ceramic Brakes//CF Evo Hood,Grill,Eyelids,Window Visors,Mirror Covers/CAR-LED Tails/35W 5000k HIDs/55W 6000k Integrated Fogs/LED Fogs/1000w Xplōd Amp/Two 800w 12" Xplōd Subs/15% Tints/18x8.5 +50 Kazera "CF" Rims/Hankook Ventus Evo 245/40/18

Future Mods:Powermod Tuner/Custom DoubleDin/BC Coils
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmazda View Post
35 is still pretty aggressive you'd more than likely have rubbing and/or need a fender roll especially with meaty 245's. I'd suggest staying above 40, the higher the less chances of rubbing you will have, and thus eventually caving in and getting your fenders rolled due to your tires getting chewed up. Even with a 40-50 offset, I'd recommend a 235 just to be on the safe side if you absolutely do not want a roll and do want to run wide(r) tires.

You can run so much more aggressive (low offset) and nicer rims with wide tires without having to worry about rubbing at all, I'm not sure why you are so against it. It is what most of us do when we upgrade to aftermarket wheels anyways.

Well I just don't know where to roll my fenders in calgary!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Rally Racer

It is so easy to do yourself man! All you need is a heat gun to keep your paint at 110* to prevent any cracking, and a few phone books...this is the easiest method by far.

There is also the rolling bat method, which is a little bit more difficult, and I suggest the phone book method instead.

YouTube is your friend!

I'm sure if you make a post your local Craigslist, you'd be able to locate somebody with a roller relatively easy.

MSDS Headers/Ported Intake Manifolds + 1/2" Spacer/Injen CAI/3.7L OTB/TGNY TB Spacer/Magnaflow CBE/AWR 88 Mounts/Rotora H2 Ceramic Brakes//CF Evo Hood,Grill,Eyelids,Window Visors,Mirror Covers/CAR-LED Tails/35W 5000k HIDs/55W 6000k Integrated Fogs/LED Fogs/1000w Xplōd Amp/Two 800w 12" Xplōd Subs/15% Tints/18x8.5 +50 Kazera "CF" Rims/Hankook Ventus Evo 245/40/18

Last edited by ctmazda; 01-29-2013 at 05:59 PM.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmazda View Post
It is so easy to do yourself man! All you need is a heat gun to keep your paint at 110* to prevent any cracking, and a few phone books...this is the easiest method by far.

There is also the rolling bat method, which is a little bit more difficult, and I suggest the phone book method instead.

YouTube is your friend!

I'm sure if you make a post your local Craigslist, you'd be able to locate somebody with a roller relatively easy.

Seems easy but knowing me and my luck I'll probably destroy at least one of my 4 corners

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 06:38 PM
100% CANUCK

Mentioned: 361 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1305 Post(s)
Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,205 Posts

Just the backs man. You dont roll the fronts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

---
---
---
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Well imma see if I can find something I like in the current stats without rolling
I have a pair of 225/40/r18x8's in sight lol
They have a +48 [email protected]

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 05:44 PM
Rally Racer

That would be a good place to start. People have hit and miss stats when it comes to the infamous rx8s and rubbing mostly due to tire size, but that should work out well for you, good starting rim and tire size as well. Good luck!

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Haha they aren't Rx-8s lol

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ451285416
If I can get the price down I might just get em!

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 07:33 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knupsel View Post
Well imma see if I can find something I like in the current stats without rolling
I have a pair of 225/40/r18x8's in sight lol
They have a +48 [email protected]
I though the offset for rx-8s were +50? Can anyone confirm?

Edit: Oh never mind I don't think you were talking about rx-8's

l
l
l

Have I helped you or supplied you with Information? Thank me by donating to The New England Mazda6 Auto Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page