Need your help on selecting tires! - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need your help on selecting tires!

Peeps, i need some advice on new tires. Let me start by saying that the car is TEN year old, and no i will not put some new rims or Pirelli tires that are $200+ a pop. Not looking forward to play fast and furious with anyone. Looking more for an answer like: 'go to local discount tires and this will be my choice since i put xxxxamount of miles on them and they are great'

Used to have YK520 and loved them (lasted 45000 miles)
then changed to Bridgestones potenzas G009 (before G019) and still really hate them. Really noisy is the only real complaint, lasted only 30000 (totally gone)

Looking for a honest answer and decent recommendation

Last edited by gray03; 06-05-2012 at 01:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
My Cooper CS4s are at 36,000 and have about 70% tread left on them. They were something like $95 each and really my only complaint is that they get a bit loud over 60mph. Snow, and wet pavement aren't an issue, and they make a great year round tire. Now I am not sure I would buy another set because they are a jack of all trades tire (meaning they do everything OK instead of doing 1 or two things really well) but it sounds like this is more what you want.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Thanks Joyce, that is a great def. will look into them. Friend at Discount tires said look into Kumho Solus Xpert KH-20, some people suggest never buy cheap kumho's or kumho in general not that reliable. Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Kumohs just usually dont last as long as they say. I have General G-Max ultra high performance all seasons on mine. I love them.. I have about 15k on them and you cant even tell. They still look brand new. Got them for like 119 on tirerack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
I have run a few different tires on my car and I had the Hankook v12's they were good but I ran through them to quick. I currently have the Continental DWS and love them. They are 50,000 warranty tires and great all around tire. I only have about 7000 on them but I would buy them again. Depending on where you are located also plays a part. I live in CA so the weather is tame here.

RIP---`05 6i Hatchback ~ Glacier Silver ~ Blacked Out Emblems ~ Tinted interior lights with LEDs~ Black Suede headliner~ Black Leather seats ~ BSD ~ AEM CAI ~ Opt TB ~ HID's ~ Advanced Timing Mod ~ 88 Duro AWR mounts ~ CAR-Led Tails~ MagnaPack Exhaust ~ Speed6 Doors ~ Herculinered Diamond-Plate Floor mats ~ BR lip ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
----RIP
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Drizzoh Send a message via MSN to Drizzoh Send a message via Yahoo to Drizzoh
Do you need all-seasons or just summer tires? If summer tires, the Hankook Ventus V12's are the nicest tires I've driven on with the 6. Had the Yoko's you did, S-Drives, General Exclaims and Star Specs and the V12's pwn them all. I would highly recommend them. If you need all-seasons though, the Hankook V4 ES have great reviews also.

Andrew |

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

corey6, Crimsonmt, Drizzoh Thanks great stuff. Drizzoh; 5 sets of tires dang, your 6 must be getting close to 200k, or you are like me. Braking/slowing down is not on the list when we corner.
P.S i do need all season
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Thanked 1,168 Times in 855 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray03 View Post
P.S i do need all season
Depends. Will the car EVER see ANY snow or temps below 40 degrees on a regular basis? If it does, you have 2 choices:
- Buy a set of all-season tires.
- Buy a set of summer tires to run from the spring to the fall, then a set of winter tires to run during the colder months.

2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mz6GreyGhost

Where i live its hardly snows (2 days in the year max), so winter tires out of question. All-season is a relative term here, honestly maybe only summer tires will do. But i am up for anything, what i am looking in this thread is more like. If car completely breaks down in half a year to a year and i just put a new tires (without taking them off) so i don't feel it was a waste of money. So lets say a budge of $500 (+/- $100), looking primarily for long lasting and noise (not performance)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page