post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rims and tires..

I really want some new rims for my mazda, but I have a few questions.....Do I have to get new tires if I purhcase new rims??? What rim size best fits the mazda6 and do I have to get any additional work done if I get bigger rims??? I hate when the tires rub!!!!! I do not want that too happen if I get bigger rims.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
What are you currently running for wheels?

If you change to a similar size wheel and you have good tread depth they might swap over. If you up or down size you will obviously need new rubber.

You can usually get away with up to 20x8 rims but are cars are usually pretty picky with offset. So unless you are willing to roll your fenders I would do some research before you get your heart set on anything.

If you post up some choices or a list of prefereances members are very helpful at telling you what they would choose

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
l
l
l

Have I helped you or supplied you with Information? Thank me by donating to The New England Mazda6 Auto Club
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

right now I'm guessing that I'm running on stock but I wanna go bigger on the wheels......is it expensive to roll fenders?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondoa1a View Post
I really want some new rims for my mazda, but I have a few questions.....Do I have to get new tires if I purhcase new rims??? What rim size best fits the mazda6 and do I have to get any additional work done if I get bigger rims??? I hate when the tires rub!!!!! I do not want that too happen if I get bigger rims.

Ok...yes you need new tires for new rims unless you get the exact same size rims which would look stupid and makes no sense. If you have stock suspension you should be ok with getting bigger wheels as long as they're not ridiculously big. If you rims are huge or you car is low you may need to roll your fenders. I think 18 inch rims with a lower profile tire will do you just fine

2009 Mazda 6 S 4 Cyl 2.5L, Spectre SR CAI, Bosche +4 Spark Plugs, Painted Engine Panels, 35% Tint, Dunlop Signiture Tires, Tinted Taillights, 70k Miles. Total Investment: About $1000.00
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondoa1a View Post
right now I'm guessing that I'm running on stock but I wanna go bigger on the wheels......is it expensive to roll fenders?????
All you need is a heat source and the tool from an auto parts store...maybe the wheel shop will do it for you

2009 Mazda 6 S 4 Cyl 2.5L, Spectre SR CAI, Bosche +4 Spark Plugs, Painted Engine Panels, 35% Tint, Dunlop Signiture Tires, Tinted Taillights, 70k Miles. Total Investment: About $1000.00
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

So I do wanna go bigger but should I go 17 or 18?????? What do you think looks better on it???
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
There is one member on this form that rents his fender roller out, street unit also does. Or i'm sure some local car clubs might if your worried. Shouldn't be very expensive and will open up a much bigger selection of rims that you can run. Some rims can also use spaces to keep them from rubbing. Are you on stock alloys? There are stock 16" 17" and 18" on the 6. Link up some of what your interested in and most people can tell you if they are going to rub or not. good luck

Most people will tell you to lower your car after you put new wheels on it

The bigger and heavier the wheel the more you will lose in performance. So it depends on if your more concerned with looks over functionality.

l
l
l

Have I helped you or supplied you with Information? Thank me by donating to The New England Mazda6 Auto Club

Last edited by fallenambience; 04-22-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page