No fender roll or drop - what are my options? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool No fender roll or drop - what are my options?

Need a new summer tire + wheel combo for my Mazdaspeed6 but I'm not looking to roll my fenders or install springs to lower the vehicle. Since I will likely buy online (difficult to return), I'd like to buy something that will not cause rubbing issues...

Stock rims are 18x7 with a +55 offset.
Stock tires are 215/45/18

To be safe, I'm going with the same tire size but with Hankook Ventus V12 Evo tires (215/45/18)

For rims I might go with XXR 518's (18x7 with a +48 offset)

Only difference between the stock vs custom setups is the offset of the new rims, and even that is not by much.

For those with similar experiences --> Am I 100% safe from rubbing with this config??? Will 225/45/18's work without issues??? I know the rear right side can be troublesome on the Speed6 for rubbing/fender issues...

Also, anyone have comments regarding machined finished wheels. Are they much harder to keep clean?

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
Mazdaspeed CAI w/ Hydro-Shield | TWM Stage II Short Shifter | Magnaflow Catback Exhaust | Redline MT-90, Redline D4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
i know i have very little rubbing with my DR-33s and they have an offset of 40 on my 215/50/17s. my rubbing is if i come off a speed bump quick and the rear drops with a slight scrape but nothing major. havent had any rubbing when corning and im at stock height.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nevin.

2003 6s 5spd Redfire Metallic - Axel back stright pipe, Xlink MP3, Airbox mod, Silicone pipe, EGR Mod, TB coolant bypass, Excedy clutch, tinted tail lights, LED Parking lights, LED interior reading lights, Filled lower stock mount, debadged, door trim removal, Onyx black front grill, Red F/R Calipers, Drag DR-33 17x7 Silver, Hawk HPS F/R, Schroth 4 Point Harness

2003 Neon SRT-4 - lots of bolt ons and gutted
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Groans: 66
Groaned at 20 Times in 18 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MonoxideChild
you will be fine with that size. you could even slam the car 4 inch's and still not rub.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page