Tire Light Issuse - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
I relayed what the article said as general info, not what Mazda uses. I have a Speed6 with it's shop manual but Speed does not have TPMS and so not in my manal. How ever my 07 Speed3 wiring diagram manual states this;
Wheel units detect air pressure, temperature and acceleration of each tire and sends RF signals to the keyless control module. They don't point out a battery in each wheel in this manual. I had forgot about my wiring manual when posting earlier. The battery said to last about 7 years. Sorry for the incomplete report and confusion, you though when I said the system I meant our system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 1
So I just put my winter tires on and drove for two days everything fine then Sunday low tire pressure warning light comes on all my tires came off a mazda 3 but has the same bolt patterns and everything don't think this is the reason tires have the same psi in all tires. I'm sure that the tires I bought do not have the sensor in the rim so this could be the reason? But why did it take 2 days for the light to come on?
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Groans: 4
At one point, Mazda required to reprogram the TPMS system in the majority of our 6's. I took mine into the dealership and haven't had any problems since. Its technically a recall.

RIP: 2008 Mazda6i - Glacier Silver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 01:14 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Ok of course your TPMS light is going to light up if the sensors are not present(because your Mazda3 Wheels don't have them).

What I was saying; the 2006 - 2008 models had a recall on the TPMS software. The dealer flashed my car for free and it fixed all of my problems. Maybe you should ask your dealer if the flash has been done to your car, and even if they claim it has, you should demand it be re-flashed before they even think about replacing the ECU.

If the re-flash was successful, the TPMS light should immediately light up and remain lit with your Mazda3 wheels installed. Also, the TPMS light should go away(within a few mins of an initial drive) with your stock wheels re-installed.

Now is the dealer charging you for 4x new sensors for your mazda3 wheels? Maybe? do you need them? probably not. Just make sure you're not driving on flat tires aka common sense... TPMS is just another "hey woman pay attention" light.

Which reminds me, have you seen the gas gauge on the new VW Beatle? its the same size as the speedometer. That just says its a womans car.

RIP: 2008 Mazda6i - Glacier Silver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 09:27 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 0
I see this is kind of a old thread but I'm having the same issue... I have even changed to rims without the sensors and no low pressure light except for the random on for a few seconds... I have tested all the sensors by letting pressure out of the tires one at a time and all function properly. As soon as they drop past 28 psi light comes on and stays on and also has a "ding" warning sound. I never get the ding sound unless its really a low pressure. The problem didn't start happening until I had new tires put on and the sensors had been reset by computer. I originally thought they might had damaged a sensor but have ruled that out. Any info on where the module is in the car and does it have a label to identify it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page