Tire Light Issuse - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Crap. But i bet you could do the install yourself and get a mobil air bag guy to re-set everything for less than $1200. The Dealer is probably bending you over on the labor and reprograming. the dealer has always charged my body shop at least twice what our air bag guy charges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have high doubts the ECU is bad. This guy obviously needs an XMAS bonus. The first thing to go are the sensors in the tires, usually from bumps and from what I've read, occasionally a dead battery...

RIP: 2008 Mazda6i - Glacier Silver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 09:09 PM

[QUOTE=tuckNroll;3315541]I have high doubts the ECU is bad.

i agree, it is definately the last thing i would suspect. sometimes you just need to have some faith in the dealer. I send ALOT of wierd car problems to the dealer for diagnosis and repair from my body shop, usually electrical and module related problems and they seem to fix the problem every time without replacing things they don't need to. I imagine Knowlege, experience and skilled technicians varies from location to location, so i'm sure some places use the shot gun method to solving problems but i dont know why these places would throw ecu's pcm's or bcm's at problems. I just read in another post tonight about a dealer trying to sell a guy a pcm because his car wont start until the 4th or 5th try. I would be real disappointed in these dealers doing shit like that and charging people serious money ($1000+) for modules if it doesnt fix the problems they are chasing.

Has this happened to anyone here?

Charged for a service performed, at a dealer,that didnt fix the problem?

I would pitch a fkn fit. there is no way they would get paid. I'd probably even call the cops if they didn't give my car back. Especially if the bill was $1000+, and in the same condition I dropped it off in.

I saw an episode of wreck chasers where a guy refused to pay the guys to get his car back, he called the cops and he got his car out for no money. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i got the car where i work.. and all the sensors are fine.. the only other thing is the ecu.. but i think i have a bad connection somewhere cause it comes and goes fast.its never on for more then 5 seconds. i really dont care too much... i may pull part of the dash to check the connector for the module. i might replace all the wheel sensors but how do i program them? all i want is the light off for as cheap as possible let me know what you think
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 10:30 PM

if your shop has any relationship with a body shop, they may have a mobile air bag guy who does there air bag control module re programming. They also re-program tpms sensors for us and it only costs us about $100-$125, they have also flashed new ECM's when we replace damaged ones along with many other modules that need replacing from damage in accidents. I use a company that is local to me called ve tech.
The Following User Says NO Thank You to beard0350 For This Un-useful Post:
holladayjs (08-12-2011)
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 01:55 AM

I don't trust the dealer when it comes to replacing parts, I always request the old parts back and my last experience when they replace one of my TMPS sensors(got ran off the road by some Honda Asshat and damaged one of my tires severely) I got the oh we forgot to not throw it away. Sure buddy, I'm sure that has nothing to do with the TPMS light going on and off....

I dont even think Mazda knows how to reprogram their sensors. I asked them and they said they program themselves... Magical, i know...

If the 6 has the same TPMs system that the fusion does, it defiantly needs the sensors calibrated, and assigned to the ecu...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

yea not sure what im gonna do right now... i think im gonna wait till summer to mess with it.... and its not a big deal its just a dummy light
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Learners License

Since the sensors use RF to communicate with the computers. It isn't out of the question to speculate it's brief interference from another RF source. Depending on quality of the RF shielding in both the ECM and the TPMS. I bought the TPMS for my snows and my first thought was they looked like plastic junk.

The TPMS pretty much programmed themselves when I setup snow tires and rims this year. It has gone on and off once so far. I have noticed. It's pretty brief.

2010 Mazda 6 GT 4DR
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
Check short article on Wikipedia on TP monitor systems. The system with out a battery uses wheel RPM differences to calculate and not actual low TP to light an alert. If there is a RF signal problem or a sensor problem, change wheel position to see if trouble will follow.
While at Mazda dealer, guy brought in wheel with damaged sensor done by tire shop. Cost to replace was $200.00. The Speed6 don't use them by our 06Mazda3 does, last replacement at Sam's Club did not damage any of them.

Last edited by Speed135; 12-15-2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: delete info
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed135 View Post
Check short article on Wikipedia on TP monitor systems. The system with out a battery uses wheel RPM differences to calculate and not actual low TP to light an alert. If there is a RF signal problem or a sensor problem, change wheel position to see if trouble will follow.
While at Mazda dealer, guy brought in wheel with damaged sensor done by tire shop. Cost to replace was $200.00. The Speed6 don't use them by our 06Mazda3 does, last replacement at Sam's Club did not damage any of them.
From what I got out of this, Our TPMS is only checking if the correct pressure is present when the tires are in motion? Correct? Well, my warning light flashes on and off at a cold start, (tire hasn't rotated for about 12 hours). I live in the desert so I don't think our cold 60 degree mornings have anything to do with the pressure flexing so much....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page