Mazda 6 Forums banner

Mazdaspeed 6 on Enkei EKM3's

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  canadian 25 
#1 ·
just put em on yesterday, so not alot of driving time. 18x7.5 with 45 offset. tires are 225/45/18 continental dws. Had to slightly roll the rear fenders, they were rubbing, but not anymore. Paint finish on these are super nice, water just beads right off these. They are brighter than I was expecting though, a little more flashy than I thought they would be, also they look small to me, almost like 17's, but I am guessing thats the dark paint...dark is slimming right?lol

but they are growing on me. Came with GREAT lugs and hub centering rings free of charge from tirerack.

The tires dont look as wide as the nitto invo's I have on my stock rims. The nitto's also handle better, the dws has a soft sidewall, but they ride down the road silky smooth and absolutely silent.

Hopefully the dws wont disappoint. They are 540 treadwear, so 50K mile tire, the invo's were 260 and had 25K miles on them with 3-4/32's left. Oh the dws are 11/32. DEEP tread.supposedly the dws is almost impossible to break loose in the wet, cant wait to find out.

here are some pics...hope to take better pics soon.MS6 on Enkei's

See less See more
#4 ·
QUOTE (Coldspeed @ Jan 30 2010, 08:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1633516
Nice choice![/b]
Thanks man, can you post ou some pics of your rims...your ms3 and ms6 rims. I was thinking of having my stockers powder coated.

or just email em to me. :) dakotart2000@cox.net thanks

QUOTE (KoukiS14 @ Jan 31 2010, 08:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1633558
Nice wheels, and nice rack too![/b]

Thanks... thats my custom yakima rack... using the factory mounting points under the black roof trim. works awesome and is super low profile with no chance of scratching the car.

#5 ·
Sorry to bring up an older thread. How much trouble did you have with rubbing? We are having a wheel problem with our MS6. We bought the MSR 045 in 18x8 with a +35 and it rubs so bad it's shredding the tires. The tire shop is going to refund the wheels and give us 2 new tires, but now we need to find another wheel.

Looking at the offset on this, I wouldn't have expected it to rub. These should only be about 3/8" further out than the stock wheels.

Did you get the silver or the gunmetal gloss? Looking at Enkei's website, they have the silver and the gunmetal which looks like black. I have found photos online of one called gunmetal gloss that looks more gray than black.

Thanks!

#6 ·
rubbing in the rear right?
just roll the fender lips and you should be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.