Bulge in sidewall - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Deflate, then inflate the tire...sometimes you might get lucky and it'll go away
[/b]
Or you could bury your head in the sand and you wouldn't have to look at it either!

If the tire is damaged, deflating and reinflating is not going to "undo" the damage.

Current: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT Liquid Red
Previous: 2006 6s 4-door ATX Dark Cherry
Previous: 2004 6i 5-door ATX Volcanic Red

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 10:38 AM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It&#39;s a time-bomb and you&#39;re just about out of time! As stated above........replace it.
ocramida likes this.

06(Redfire metallic) 6i SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

06 Star Roadliner by Yamaha
06 Jeep Commander
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Or you could bury your head in the sand and you wouldn&#39;t have to look at it either!

If the tire is damaged, deflating and reinflating is not going to "undo" the damage.
[/b]
hahahaha who said anything about undoing damage? ^_^

he wanted to get rid of the bulge right?

<span style="font-family:Georgia">06 mazdaspeed6 Sport w Nav --- If it&#39;s too good to be true, It&#39;s too good for you!!</span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 05:00 PM

Quote:
hahahaha who said anything about undoing damage? ^_^

he wanted to get rid of the bulge right?
[/b]
Sorry. My sense of humor seems to have escaped me lately!

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Avoided the site for the past couple of days b/c of the virus issue - but don&#39;t worry all, I&#39;m getting bids on some Proxes4 as we speak! Hooray!

Update: OK so I just got a bid from the shop toyoguy recommended and want to know what you guys think:

Proxes4
225/45/R17 - $717 out the door
215/50/R17 - $664 out the door

I checked tireswap.com and could order 4 for just about $400. I just don&#39;t know of any shops that will mount them for me. Do you guys think I would save much money by having them mounted, balanced, etc... at a shop?

Also, anyone have a shop they could recommend that would do this for me in the Chicago area?
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 12:05 PM

Hmm, I&#39;m assuming &#39;out-the-door&#39; means including tax and mounting/balancing and $717 sounds a little bit higher than I expected. I&#39;m assuming around $120/tire and I&#39;ve heard mounting is anywhere from $20-$25 per tire but hopefully somebody else will reply.

If you want to try something else, go to http://www.tirerack.com/installer/index.jsp and find a recommended TireRack installer. Call &#39;em up, say you found them via TireRack and see what they can do for you as far as mounting tires.

Hey Toyoguy, did Tirerack and/or DiscountTire drop Toyo tires? I thought I remembered one of those sites carrying Toyo Tires.

Good luck!

Quote:
Proxes4
225/45/R17 - $717 out the door
215/50/R17 - $664 out the door

Also, anyone have a shop they could recommend that would do this for me in the Chicago area?
[/b]

-2poor4MS6 AKA: Mazdaspeed Accessory Guy

// Mazdaspeed Exhaust // Mazdaspeed CAI // Mazdaspeed Hatch Springs // Mazdaspeed 18" Wheels & Kumho Ecsta ASX 225/40/18 // Red G2 // Clear Side Markers // Interior blue LEDs // Euro Tails // Audiolink // 30% tint
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Hey Toyoguy, did Tirerack and/or DiscountTire drop Toyo tires? I thought I remembered one of those sites carrying Toyo Tires.
[/b]
No. We&#39;ve never been sold through either. We have been approached many times, however, our philosophy is to support the independent retailer, so no TireRack, Wal-Mart, Costco, etc.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Hmm, I&#39;m assuming &#39;out-the-door&#39; means including tax and mounting/balancing and $717 sounds a little bit higher than I expected. I&#39;m assuming around $120/tire and I&#39;ve heard mounting is anywhere from $20-$25 per tire but hopefully somebody else will reply.

If you want to try something else, go to http://www.tirerack.com/installer/index.jsp and find a recommended TireRack installer. Call &#39;em up, say you found them via TireRack and see what they can do for you as far as mounting tires.

Good luck!
[/b]
Yeah that price includes tax and mounting/balancing - I agree that it is high though.

Thanks for the link - I found a shop that is highly rated and will balance the tires for $20 each. Sounds like that is the best way to go. Thanks again!
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 06:19 AM
Learners License

Garage
IMO Sadly, yes to replace asap. Recommend all four or match the tire brand/model with the others in case you ever sell so they won't think it was an accident. It won't give you any warning so make sure the spare is inflated and your jack works. Rim will ruin if you drive very far on a flat tire that disintegrates which a blown sidewall may encourage. May want to stock some road hazard reflectors in case it happens at night and there isn't much room off the road.

2014 Touring 64K mi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page