What Tire Brand you have? - Page 6 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 564 (permalink) Old 10-22-2005, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to ezeQuel
in summer i use vredestein sporttrack2 giugiaro design, and in winter vredestein snowtrack very pleased with this brand

2004, Hatch, Pacific Blue, 2.0 CDI engine( diesel), 136 HP, Sport Pack, 6000K KaiXen H.I.D.
17' Aez Intenso Pirelli tyres

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 564 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 09:10 AM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally posted by BangHatch@Oct 22 2005, 01:02 AM
Just to add something though...

I apparently have the same setup as stretch on the reverse stagger - 245F, 225R on BFG R1.* I, unlike stretch, do NOT like the setup, and will end up getting 225's all around once the 245 have worn out. I have always raced in a circuit/track environment and I'm very used to a neutral balanced setup... I'm getting quite a bit too much oversteer for my tastes, considering I don't even have the sways yet.. My car will go into drift mode and end up going sideways on occasion. Mazda6sMtx has rode with me a couple of times and can attest to that.

Just my .02
[snapback]540169[/snapback]
"Speed insurance". Lift at your own peril! I'm convinced it's the only way to do FWD fast. Even still, remind me of what the rest of your suspension looks like. I've found that the stagger doesn't change the handling bias of the car much (there's hardly a bias difference going from my street to r-comp tires), but it should be helping get the tires up to temperatures more evenly from having more rubber.

Quote:
Originally posted by calgary2800@Oct 22 2005, 03:44 AM
Those 2 guys must have been English majors.

The only "expertise" I got is my Ziex 512 are wearing out faster than a bad suit. I got about 6k on them and the sides are fading fast. Never had a tire look so bad after 6k. The performance of the tire is excellent no question there.

I really dont think I will get more than 25k out of these 512s.
[snapback]540229[/snapback]
You may want to check your alignment. After ~10k or so, my 512's look pretty much virgin.

Understand suspensions? Please take the required measurements for my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and share them on this site.
post #53 of 564 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stretch@Oct 23 2005, 09:10 AM
"Speed insurance".* Lift at your own peril!* I'm convinced it's the only way to do FWD fast.* Even still, remind me of what the rest of your suspension looks like.* I've found that the stagger doesn't change the handling bias of the car much (there's hardly a bias difference going from my street to r-comp tires), but it should be helping get the tires up to temperatures more evenly from having more rubber.
[snapback]540691[/snapback]
Suspension is simply just the D2's with the R-comps and 16x8 wheels.. Hmm, I haven't tried AutoXing with anything else except the stock tires and the R-comps. Although, no matter how shitty the stocks were, I never got to break the rear loose without control (I used braking to rotate the car). The R-comps, on the other hand, just break loose on the verge of spinning out and have to countersteer and powerout to regain control (and I don't use braking to rotate the car with those tires). Now, I do have experience with R-comps already, and which is why I didn't go through street tires; and I do know that that's how racing tires are (grip, grip, grip, grip, squeel, gone!) due to the stiff sidewalls, unlike street tires (grip, grip, sqquueeeelll, little grip, heavy squeeeeellll, gone) where there's a clear warning before it breaks loose.

So basically, I can't say for sure based on what you said, whether it's the stagger or not. I also can't confirm whether the rears aren't getting enough heat which is a large possibility, however, in some occassions I could get 2-3 runs in almost complete succession, yet it would still happen - Which although, I would not still be able to confirm the temps without the proper gauge to do so, which I don't have. Could it also be that since I have a hatch, there's an empty void in the trunk area?

Well, I have learned to deal with it in any case. I don't think I can deal with it on a race track though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 564 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by BangHatch@Oct 22 2005, 01:02 AM
Just to add something though...

I apparently have the same setup as stretch on the reverse stagger - 245F, 225R on BFG R1.* I, unlike stretch, do NOT like the setup, and will end up getting 225's all around once the 245 have worn out. I have always raced in a circuit/track environment and I'm very used to a neutral balanced setup... I'm getting quite a bit too much oversteer for my tastes, considering I don't even have the sways yet.. My car will go into drift mode and end up going sideways on occasion. Mazda6sMtx has rode with me a couple of times and can attest to that.

Just my .02
[snapback]540169[/snapback]

Oh yeah your is acts like it is rear wheel drive, once the tires are hot. I would like to try your tires next season on my car and see if it handles the same way as yours. Although I will be adding the RB sways soon. So they will affect the rotation of the car. I wonder if maybe you are using to much air pressure in the rear or not enough in the front. I have my tires at 45 - 50 psi in the front and like 37.5ish in the rear. I think you were running something like 35 psi all around which might be a little light in the front and is causing the front to grip to much and the rear not enough.

On the subject of tires, I know that the V6 stock is already far to much power for the stock tires. My tread is starting to come off in chunks, and the rubber is melting and being pushed over the spaces between the treads. Now that the weather had gotten colder the my stock tires are just about useless. I oversteered on a highway onramp and was facing oncoming traffic, I was only going 45km/h. The tires just slid no grip no noise. I think I will be getting another set of all-seasons to replace the stock tires. Then once I get a nice set of wheels I'll get some good summer rubber. Since I have my own garage I'll just change tires however the weather see fit, which isn't a big deal.

By the end of next year I should have 3 sets of wheels + tires. I hope to get a set of 17x8.5 with some Falken RT-615 for the summer and autoX ((Tax return is going to be big)). Toyo Proxes 4 for the fall and spring. I already have some Kumho winter tires.

CANADA / TORONTO MAZDA6CLUB MODERATOR Current Dyno - 205whp, 180wtq
post #55 of 564 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 06:25 PM

Mazda6sMtx,
That might be a possibility next season to use my tires We'll see. As long as we double entry your car for two drivers!!! (You and me hahaha) Regarding the pressure, I wouldn't have run it on 35psi for sure though. I'd aim for about 34 hot. Tire pressure characteristics for street and R-compound tires are different. Remember what Alan (Scarboro Mazda) mentioned? He used those tires (same as mine) in his Rx-7 race car and couldn't get the sidewalls to fold even at 12 psi. LOL

post #56 of 564 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 01:53 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Skibum
3-season: Toyo Proxes TPTs in 215/50-17 size
Winter: Nokian RSIs in 205/60-16

Nokian's aren't on the list.

2004 Mazda 6s Wagon - MTX - Nonsport - OEM Roof rails - Squall Blue
foglight mod, side marker/blinker mod, euro tails - Upcoming: some engine stuff
post #57 of 564 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 01:59 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Skibum
Quote:
Originally posted by ezeQuel@Oct 22 2005, 04:19 PM
in summer i use vredestein sporttrack2 giugiaro design, and in winter vredestein snowtrack very pleased with this brand
[snapback]540448[/snapback]
Vredestein's rock! Had some on a Citroen BX19GT years ago, and loved 'em. Tough to find on this side of the pond though.

2004 Mazda 6s Wagon - MTX - Nonsport - OEM Roof rails - Squall Blue
foglight mod, side marker/blinker mod, euro tails - Upcoming: some engine stuff
post #58 of 564 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 03:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ezeQuel
Quote:
Originally posted by Skibum@Oct 26 2005, 08:59 PM
Vredestein's rock!* Had some on a Citroen BX19GT years ago, and loved 'em.* Tough to find on this side of the pond though.
[snapback]543194[/snapback]
I Know!!! AN d are at reasonable prices!

2004, Hatch, Pacific Blue, 2.0 CDI engine( diesel), 136 HP, Sport Pack, 6000K KaiXen H.I.D.
17' Aez Intenso Pirelli tyres

post #59 of 564 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 08:34 AM

TireSwap (http://www.tireswap.com) carries them and has good pricing, but shipping can get expensive if you're outside the East coast US.

Understand suspensions? Please take the required measurements for my
and share them on this site.
post #60 of 564 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Retired Moderator

Just bought General Exclaim UHP, 225/45ZR17. Made in France. Oui..oui..

2006 Black Mazdaspeed6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page