What Tire Brand you have? - Page 52 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #511 of 564 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 07:21 PM
JML

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHROD View Post
On order right now are Continental Extreme Contacts DW 225/45/17 for my OZ Record Racing Rims. I ran Toyo Proxies 4 my last 2 sets but am looking for a more soft and quiet ride.
You'll get exactly what you want, and they handle great. In the rain, there's nothing like them, too. I love my DW tires in the summer. I have the stock size, though.

2008 Mazda6 5-door i-Touring (Volcanic Red)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 564 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 02:57 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84FordMan View Post
I'll make the thread all sticky.
Ewwww...
I'm rolling on some Sunny's

RIP: 2008 Mazda6i - Glacier Silver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #513 of 564 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 12:59 PM

Groans: 7
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JML View Post
You'll get exactly what you want, and they handle great. In the rain, there's nothing like them, too. I love my DW tires in the summer. I have the stock size, though.
Im pretty excited about the Conti DWS as well. I have been stalking tirerack looking at reviews, surveys, and test results for a couple weeks. My car pulls to the right and even though I took the TSB to the dealer and tire discounters everyone is telling me I have tire pull. So I ordered those Conti's from tirerack they are actually shipping out today. After all the reviews, I was looking at the Yoko Avid Envigor and the Conti Extreme contact DWS. I don't drive my car really hard so I opted for the Conti as they seem to give slightly better wet tracking and quite a bit better snow traction over the envigor which gives better dry traction. Everything else being very close, I dont really care but the Conti's are also only 21lbs stock size and the Yoko's are 25lbs stock size. I am sure either tire would work for me but as a daily driver and in Ohio, we do get snow from time to time and I would rather make sure I can control my car in wet and snow than be able to drive harder when its dry as again I don't usually do often anyway.

Hopefully get them put on this weekend and give a review after I get some miles on them. I currently have the Yoko Avid V4S, great wet and dry tire TERRIBLE in the snow.

Oh yeah last thing on the DSW's I called Tirediscounters to get a price to see which would be cheaper them or tirerack. The guy at tirediscounters said no one has these in stock in the country he has been looking for a couple of his customers and the only way to fine them is online. YAY for TireRack!

2005 6S V6 MTX Lapis Blue w/ black leather- Tint, 6000k HID's low and fog, "Matched" high beems, white LED "194" driving light, super white LED interior and license plate lights, debadged, car-led tail lights(amber turn) with brake light mod, stubby antenna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ryanrc03; 01-03-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #514 of 564 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 01:23 AM
Learners License

Enjoy the DWS Ryan. I still love mine. Fantastic tires for the money. Tested them out in the snow today and combined with TC I actually felt pretty confident in my 6.
post #515 of 564 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 03:33 AM
Learners License

Toyo Proxes 4 225/40zr18 92w. previous owner already had it installed on the stock rims(still has about 90% tread life) I'm happy : ]
post #516 of 564 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
goodyear eagle gt's 215/45/18. unbeleiveable grip, but no mileage warranty. highly reccomend these tires. my buddy in OH has them on his 05 v6 accord in the snow belt and he says they are great in the snow. I'm in Atl, so no snow here
post #517 of 564 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
No snow here? We got six inches last night. Hartsfield-Jackson is closed. Even my company closed today (after sending us an email on Friday which said if you're not here Monday we'll dock your pay).
post #518 of 564 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Learners License

What tires do you have? Conti DWS

I purchased the Contintental Extreme Contact DWS size 215/50R17/95V for my 2004 Mazda 6s, on the 17" stock rims. The have performed excellent so far in the snow. I live in the Detroit area, and we have had two major snowstorms since I had the tires put on. So far the snow traction has been excellent. I accelerated down the block last week when it was slippery with slush, snow and a little ice, and hit the brakes and stopped. I've never had a tire perform like this in the snow before. I feel very confident when the weather is bad and I am driving in my Mazda 6. These are also the smoothest and quietest tires I have ever had on any of my cars. Just the other day I was on the freeway and I look at the speedometer and I'm going 80mph!! But it didn't feel like 80. It felt like 55-60. It doesn't corner nearly as well as the old Michelin's that came with the car(the ones everyone hates Pilot HX mxm), but I will sacrifice handling for better wet traction and snow traction. Also, I purchased my tires from Belle Tire in Allen Park, MI, 48101. I went online to Belle Tire | Auto Care, Rims Custom Wheels Expert Tire Discounters, and found out which stores had the tire in stock, chose the store nearest me, ordered the tires online, and selected a time to have them installed that same day. I went at that time, the tires were already there. There were about 3 -4 people ahead of me, and it took about 1- 1 1.5 hours to get them installed. The price I paid was was about the same as it would have been if I ordered from Tire Rack, and then had them installed at a shop. But I figure why go through the trouble of having tire rack ship them and finding a place to have them installed, when I can just go to Belle Tire, which is only 2 miles from my house! I hope this review helps, and I thank one of the moderator's of this forum who steered me to the DWS. Thank you!
post #519 of 564 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Learners License

225/45/18 Falken Ziex (whatever the F that is) and they suckkkkk. Spin out over nothing. :[
post #520 of 564 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Learners License

Just put on 4 Hancook 225/45R17 on my 6!

Awesome tyres!
Handle well, fairly quiet too!

They seam to last forever too!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page