What Tire Brand you have? - Page 38 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #371 of 564 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 08:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to blue06mazda6
QUOTE (PA-Mazdaspeed 6 @ Jun 15 2008, 09:01 PM)
Quote:
How do you like the Kumho Ecsta ASX's? I am thinking of getting them in the fall. Would like to get some feedback. Thanks in Advance.[/b]

Sorry i didn't see your reply sooner.
As far as the grip on dry and wet they are great. Only got them in June so i don't know what they will do in the snow. But i'm also not planing on using them for the winter.
They are quiter them the OE tires were.
But a lot of people have said that they wear fast. I only have 3000 miles on them and you can see more wear on the fronts then the back. But there is still a lot of tread let on them.
The only issue i have is that they do get Flat spots after sitting over night. But that does go away after about a mile of driving.

2010 Victory Red Cobalt Mods: SS Spoiler, Pro Kit Springs, In channel rain guards, GMPP Intake, Rockford front speakers, Factory Sub box W/ Memphis sub, Custom LED 3rd brake light and LED Tail lights, Clear Coated Gray Dash trim, carbon fiber shift knob, Black headlights, White gauge cluster. aluminum Pedals, Rear Head rest delete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #372 of 564 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
Nexen N5000 225/40/18

just got em a month ago......so far so good

2015 6i sport MT 6 speed
12k fog lights, MV-Tuning bodykit, CS Motor Mount, Antenza badged, H&R springs, CS adjust shocks, quad exhaust tips, Megan Front Strut bar, Varrstoen L151 20x10.5+40, Achilles ATR Sport tires 245|35|20

SOLD..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.. (tear) 04 6i HB, JDM EVO VIII wing....
post #373 of 564 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Learners License

Sumitomo 215 / 50zr17 91w on the front Dunno what the Z is before the R??

and sadly as i tore 2 sidewalls up i had to get overpriced Michilin 215 / 50 R17 91H M+S on the rear in order to keep with my schedule, had no time before today to come on here and ask about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #374 of 564 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 08:19 PM

Send a message via MSN to Six-wheeler
It's recommended that all four wheels should be the same, so you probably should get a second pair of those Michelins to mount on the back (and put the ones you just bought up front - remember, it's preferable to put the newer tires in the back.)
The Z denotes a very high speed tire, but the H-rated Michelins (210km/h) should do just fine on any normal 6. M+S means they're all season tires, but you don't need to fret over it

Shady
1994 Mercedes E320 sedan. How it's done right.
2009 JDM Mazda 6 2.5 MTX #1. Most people are mediocre by choice. I'm not most people.
2009 JDM Mazda 6 2.5 MTX #2. A fool and his money - but it is his money.
1991 Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5 GLX-i sedan. Mom's. Don't ask.
post #375 of 564 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Learners License

QUOTE (Six-wheeler @ Sep 30 2008, 07:19 PM)
Quote:
It's recommended that all four wheels should be the same, so you probably should get a second pair of those Michelins to mount on the back (and put the ones you just bought up front - remember, it's preferable to put the newer tires in the back.)
The Z denotes a very high speed tire, but the H-rated Michelins (210km/h) should do just fine on any normal 6. M+S means they're all season tires, but you don't need to fret over it [/b]
The other 2 Michelins will have to wait a month or two coz i cant afford to drop another $400 on 2 more nitrogen filled tires. Dam tire shoppy charged me $196 each tire plus $8 for N2 in them.

but thx, ill def buy the other 2 tires online next time
post #376 of 564 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 01:49 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Dunlop Direzza DZ101 215/45 17

6s steelgrey cpe longtube headers,exedy clutch,injen cai/cpemaf,truedual 2 1/2 exhaust,high flow cats,m3 res,roush mufflers 3 1/2 tips,3.7tb,twistedvision tb spacer,twm shortshifter kit,awr mounts,recaro seats,suede headliner,lotek triple gauge,carledtails,rpm reflectors,twm deserteagle shiftknob,carboncreation hood,NRGdampers,corksport lip,jdm visors,rear roof visor,eye lids,Megan hbrace,Bc coilovers,racebeat swaybars,front strut bar,su interior brace,gtspec trailing brace,rotora rotors,xxr522
post #377 of 564 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
QUOTE (mazda madness @ Sep 30 2008, 10:49 PM)
Quote:
Dunlop Direzza DZ101 215/45 17[/b]
On a North American spec Mazda6? If you have stated the size correctly (are you sure it is not a 215/50R17?) the load index on that tire (87) is dangerously low (you need a minimum 91 load index tire on your car for safety) and your speedometer and odometer error will be approaching ten percent (9.7% to be precise). Those baby Dunlops have to rotate 842 times to cover the same one mile distance that the OEM Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tires cover in 819 rotations. Your gearing must be ...interesting.., too. If your tire dealer recommended that size to you, go back and demand a properly sized replacement; if he is reluctant to give it to you (for free), remind him of his liability should that tire fail on the freeway. You might want to drop the phrase "implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose under the Uniform Commercial Code" into the conversation along the way.

EDIT: See post number 382 below.
post #378 of 564 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 01:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to ashutoshsm Send a message via Yahoo to ashutoshsm
QUOTE (posttosh @ Oct 1 2008, 11:57 AM)
Quote:
On a North American spec Mazda6? If you have stated the size correctly (are you sure it is not a 215/50R17?) the load index on that tire (87) is dangerously low (you need a minimum 91 load index tire on your car for safety) and your speedometer and odometer error will be approaching ten percent (9.7% to be precise). Those baby Dunlops have to rotate 842 times to cover the same one mile distance that the OEM Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tires cover in 819 rotations. Your gearing must be ...interesting.., too. If your tire dealer recommended that size to you, go back and demand a properly sized replacement; if he is reluctant to give it to you (for free), remind him of his liability should that tire fail on the freeway. You might want to drop the phrase "implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose under the Uniform Commercial Code" into the conversation along the way.[/b]
Are you basing those numbers on ACTUAL tire specs (which vary and are not precisely what the sidewall says)?
If so, I don't have a beef with your advice, because you may well be right for the Dunlop Direzza vis-a-vis teh stock Michelin 215/50-17, but based ONLY upon stated (sidewall) tire size comparisons at Miata.net's Tire Calculator, the error is a 'mere' -3.3%, not -9.7%. Sounds like you're assuming (or can you confirm?) a uhge inaccuracy in the Dunlop/s stated size! Or am I missing something?

-ashu

Wheels, tires, fluids and roof-mounted bike/ski rack. That's enough mods for me!
post #379 of 564 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 04:37 PM

Send a message via MSN to Six-wheeler
The JDM 6 (both cars I used to have) came standard with that size with the 87 load rating. Yes, I admit that the cars drove better after I switched to 215/50 (the USDM spec tire) but I wonder why the 87 load rating shouldn't be adequate for USDM cars as opposed to JDM cars.

Shady
1994 Mercedes E320 sedan. How it's done right.
2009 JDM Mazda 6 2.5 MTX #1. Most people are mediocre by choice. I'm not most people.
2009 JDM Mazda 6 2.5 MTX #2. A fool and his money - but it is his money.
1991 Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5 GLX-i sedan. Mom's. Don't ask.
post #380 of 564 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
USDM cars are heavier, especially if he has am auto/V6.

2013 Mustang 6MT
2007 T-Gray 6s MT
, traded
2008 Phantom Blue Mica 3s Hatch - AT
, Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page