What Tire Brand you have? - Page 17 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #161 of 564 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 01:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to 6 Pack
Winter is around the corner ! You'll need GREAT ARCTIC proven tyres (tire I know) You wanna what's best out there ; then this is for you !! Bought these babies (Nokian WR) last year and they are awesome , so much better handling than my O.E. Michelin Pilots ! That I can't wait for winter again !!!
BTW I use these Nokians (pics below) only in winter with the OEM Silver Mags ; as I have my stock Michelins on my Chromed-dipped OEM mags

These were so tight that it required 110 , 110 , 120 , 110 lbs of pressure to pop them on the mags ; the sidewall was so stiff , and it shows on lateral handling compared to regular (soft-side-walled) winter tires that make you feel like you're riding on baloons like the new Yokohama Ice Guard IG10 I used to own on my old Acura Integra ! Was scary changing lanes ; felt like I was going to fishtail , they were so soft as with most winter tires .

They have so many advantages , one of them being :
Only four-season family of tires that carries the Severe Service Emblem exceeding new government snow condition regulations

with a threadwear of 400 (won't get a threadwear reading on winter tires) they will last forever !!!
, read all about it here you owe it to yourselves ! :
http://www.nokiantyre.com/newsite/tires_popup.cfm?id=6
http://www.nokiantyre.com/newsite/intro.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 564 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 11:57 AM

Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
NITTO "Neo Gen"

225/40ZR18

---Aloha

大きく悪いお父さんのガレージ

Where 'fix' doesn't always mean 'repair'
*Spare parts available*
post #163 of 564 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Right now I have the stock Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S in 215/45R18.

If I have extra money laying around and I get new rims, I would mount Advan Neova AD07s in 225/45R18.

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 AT

2006 Mazda 6 Sport GT-V6 MT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #164 of 564 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 09:55 PM

So what would i be looking at price wise for a set of stock M6 wheels with some good snow tires?

----------------------------------------------
2005 Pebble Ash 6i Sedan

post #165 of 564 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 10:02 PM

Quote:
So what would i be looking at price wise for a set of stock M6 wheels with some good snow tires?
[/b]

Call your dealer to get the most expensive quote and then go hunting maybe for used ones in the for sale section , as for tires same applies .. many sites have discounts too

Here in Canada the dealer sells them 325 CDN a piece for the mags . My Nokians at some tire shop cost me 980 full serviced & tx incl.

post #166 of 564 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 06:43 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Thanked 1,168 Times in 855 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
[/b]
I bought 16" steelies with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 tires for about $600 at Tirerack.com, although that was two years ago. I'd stick with 16" wheels and 205/60-16 tires. Not only are they MUCH less expensive than 17" wheels/tires, but they're also slightly narrower with a thicker sidewall than the OEM 17" tires, both advantages in the snow.

2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #167 of 564 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 01:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Skibum
Quote:
[/b]
Hi, per Mz6greyghost, between $600-$800. If possible locate a set of OEM 16" steel rims and go with the 205/60-16 size. From time to time folks here will sell their steelies for $25-$35/each. TireRack may have some as well, though priced higher. Junkyards are another possibility. Since you're in Cleveland check Consumer Tire and see what kind of deal you can get on 4 Nokians (WRs or RSIs - both are studless). They were very price competitive when I bought from them.

2004 Mazda 6s Wagon - MTX - Nonsport - OEM Roof rails - Squall Blue
foglight mod, side marker/blinker mod, euro tails - Upcoming: some engine stuff
post #168 of 564 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:13 AM

Quote:
I bought 16" steelies with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 tires for about $600 at Tirerack.com, although that was two years ago. I'd stick with 16" wheels and 205/60-16 tires. Not only are they MUCH less expensive than 17" wheels/tires, but they're also slightly narrower with a thicker sidewall than the OEM 17" tires, both advantages in the snow.[/b]
everyone says that and that's where their thinking stops ...... well I went a bit further and thought about 'contact patch %' .... 'cause when on the ice , after the plough has passed (as in 90% city conditions) this is where you want ALL the contact you can get to STOP !
A mere extra 10 mm (1 cm) will still dig no problem in the snow ....
.... thicker sidewall on most winter tires that sport 16in. will feel soft on lateral change of lanes and you'll feel like you're about to fishtail as it gives more flex and that's ennerving enough to make you counteract into worse shit (at least until you get used to it-but I continued hating the insecure feeling) .
If you still have your O.E. silver 17's use them for winter (look better than steelies) and next year buy your favourite mags/tires with your tax return

Want the best handling stiff walled /no compromise winter thread in a world first 4season tire that holds the SEVERE WINTER CONDITIONS government label ..... look no further than the Nokian WR ..... trust me you'll thank me !!!
Now go back to the previous page again and reread my post with links/pics & after that and Skibum's comments above ; see this other member's testimonial on them http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=784544

post #169 of 564 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 11:11 PM

Just purchased some Goodyear Assurance TripleTred's for my 16" stockers. Tires sizes is 215 55R16 a little wider for the 16x6 rim. They look fine Drives like im on rails in the rain, and they are nice for dry as well. hopefully the snow will be about the same.

'07 sunlight silver MS3
Injen CAI
Streetunit Lower Motor Mount
post #170 of 564 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 11:42 PM

Kumho Ecsta 711 - great tires for the price.

Current: 2007 Black Mazdaspeed 3 sport.

Sold: 2003 Black Mazda 6s ATX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page