LinkBack Thread Tools
post #201 of 305 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 11:33 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Groans: 66
Groaned at 20 Times in 18 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MonoxideChild
have 17's stock, and even lowered, just dont fill in the wheel wells. i personally like the 19's, and hate the idea of 20's. but as said, this is the girls car. so its her choice, but i did talk her into 19's at least.

believe me, im not a bigger is better believer.
my tiburon is on 17's, nasty motigi's

my 89 probe turbo (mazda made) is on 16's, stock 2nd gen probe gt's

and my fav, my 92 probe turbo (mazda made) on 15's, old school hella light borbets

as said, im all about having the rim fit the tire well with a nice drop, the stock 17's on the 6 just dont do that. from the pics ive seen with the 19's with a drop, its perfect, and hella sexy

obviousely i like to drop every car i own. i hate wheel gap more then anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 305 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
i saw this post for the first time and i gagged. 19's are way over doin it personally and i think 17 - 18's are just right. I like 17 are perfect and 16 is to little. just go with 17's and some Sportline lowering springs. Then your set.
[/b]

17's are perfect, 18's are a tad too big for me, maybe its just me, but I just like everything in proportion.

2006 Mazda 6 I Automatic, White

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #203 of 305 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 6iX SPEED Send a message via MSN to 6iX SPEED
I have 19's and I love them very much thank you. lol

08 Infiniti G37S l Platinum Graphite l Graphite Leather

20" Vossen 082 Brushed/Black Lip l Vredestein 245/30/20 & 285/25/20
Matte Black Rear Valence l Smoked Tail Lights l Tein S-Techs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 305 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 08:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to sKiLLs007 Send a message via Yahoo to sKiLLs007
Ditto for me

post #205 of 305 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
17's are perfect, 18's are a tad too big for me, maybe its just me, but I just like everything in proportion.
[/b]

That's the thing. 17's aren't proportional for the car size and wheel well size.

post #206 of 305 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 04:36 PM

Quote:
That's the thing. 17's aren't proportional for the car size and wheel well size.
[/b]
......but 20s are!

post #207 of 305 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Learners License

I'm a "newbie" on here, and read this thread because I know 20's don't fit and wanted to read what size was actually recomended. I know 18's are perfect, since thats whats on the Speed6, but my dumb ass wanted to see if 19's would fit, I am definitely going with 18's and a small dropkit.

couple questions
1. Where the hell is that guy getting a twin turbo for his 6, and why would HE want it? Doesn't look like he would be racing it, if he were, he would stick with 17's and spend the money he saved on the suspension, because with a twin turbo, the stock suspension wouldn't be safe.

2. If the 6 is a slow car, then why are they winning all those touring races? and why would it win awards for its handling and "sportslike feel"? and why did the release of the 6 bring Mazda back to its racing roots? Just look at all the cars that came after the 6, I'm thinking about getting a CX-7 as my second car because that is one bad ass crossover.

3. If 20's might fit, then why don't we let "them" put it on and not say I told you so when they start a thread called "20's ruined my 6" or something like that. I mean from what I see people do have 20's on their 6, and some actually look good, but I wouldn't sacrifice looks for safety and performance.

4. WHY CHROME? When I went to Tokyo a few years back, they used to say "If you come with chrome, you might as well go home", or something like that. Chrome is way too heavy for a car that has 6 cylinders or less, although they do look sweet on SUV's or big ass V8 cars, or if you just want to show your car off, but then you get that label "All Show, No Go" which is pretty much an insult in the tuner world. I like to have a car that looks good but also I enjoy the performance.

And if you are wondering, I am over 30 and been in the tuner world since 1992. In fact I was one of the first 3 guys on the big island to enter the import scene with my '92 civic which I put every performance part made back then into my car, which was basic stuff like intake, headers and exhaust. I actually had to cut my springs to drop it at first, until Eibach came out with one 6 months later, I also had to port and polish the engine myself, eventually making a car that could keep up with the big dogs. I wish I had all the parts that are out now back then, but I guess thats why I appreciate what performance the 6 gets, because it gets alot of performance straight from the factory.

So in my honest opinion, 6's shouldn't have 20's on them. But telling people this is like

post #208 of 305 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 08:57 AM

My car had 20s on it when I bought it.. I don't think they look too bad at all..
No fitment issues.. no rubs and the ride is not bad at all
(no worse than my 03 Mustang with 1.5" drop and 17's)

[
post #209 of 305 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 09:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to canibusfan Send a message via Yahoo to canibusfan
are those 20's thats on ur car now??? They dont look like 20's to me

Get paid to play games like HiLow/Blackjack,Gold rush and others. You can also get paid for betting(any sports event) for money, its easy and free

03 6s ATX

myspace.com/kenny23692

Straight pipes w/o resnator
Custom built carputer w/ 8'in touch screen, all sounds all coming out of factor system, also w/ a gps system
19's axis crux w/ toyo 225/35/19 tires
15% tint all away around
a-pod volt & oil guages(prosport)
Viper 791xv remote start
post #210 of 305 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 05:37 PM

*Sigh*

No one ever said that NO set of 20s would never FIT on the car...... for the guy who has 20s, whats the load ratings of your tires?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page