Mazda 6 Forums banner

knock from front right side

957 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dre2068 
#1 ·
Hey guys.

I have noticed a knock from the front right of the car when I am reversing slowly out of my driveway.

I don't notice it any other time than under those or similar conditions.

Any ideas on what it could be? It kind of some feels like it might be suspension though I am not sure.

Figured I would ask before I take it somewhere as I know some of these things can be common.

#3 ·
Its Normal (Sorry)

Its your Brakes "Settling". I Hear this same noise in my car daily. Usally as i finish backing up at the start of the day and start rolling forward i'll hear a "clunking" sound coming from the front suspension. I've had this happening on my '17 Mazda6 GT since the day i purchased it with 3 miles on it. Ive also had it happen on my '13 Nissan Altima. Unfortunately i've talk to MANY tech and it is just part of the normal operation for these cars. Unsettling i know but that is the case. I initially though i had a bad bearing or something because it doesn't sound "Normal". Also Take a look at the other form talking about this. https://forum.mazda6club.com/suspen...es-click-when-depress-while-reverse-only.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.