post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Lowering Spring Options

I have an 07 Hatch V6 I would like to buy a set of lowering springs after I deal with my subframe debacle and I'm not quite sure who to go with, here's what I'm considering so far:

Manzo LSMA6-0309 https://www.drivenbystyle.com/2003-2...ngs-37568.html -------I'm attracted to these because of the price of course BUT I've never heard of this brand

Megan Racing MR-LS-M603L4 https://www.drivenbystyle.com/2003-2...ngs-10854.html

Eibach https://eibach.com/us/i-2008-pro-kit...4-springs.html

Also considered Racing Beat but I think I'm looking for more of a drop than they are supposed to give. I have also looked at Tein and H&R but I don't think I want to spend that much on springs for this car. Are there any others I might not have heard of?

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

FULL DISCLOSURE I'VE NEVER USED LOWERING SPRINGS BEFORE

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
Still Want lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<- ->
<-

Last edited by bluedevil6; 01-02-2019 at 04:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I’m really just looking to close the gap between the wheel arch and tire I think these current gaps are just too big
Rear

Front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<-

Last edited by bluedevil6; 01-03-2019 at 09:32 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Just be careful relative to 4i vs V6 designations; the spring rate will be different due to the weight of the motors. I noticed the Megan Racing springs are for ‘4 cyl/V6’. They’re not the same and it would stand to reason that the drop on the front end will be a little different, with the V6 being slightly lower than the 4i on that set.

If it were me (and it was when I bought my Eibach wagon springs), I’d make sure I ordered springs specific to my car.

@blackerphotos on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter

Last edited by blackerphotos; 01-02-2019 at 07:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackerphotos View Post
Just be careful relative to 4i vs V6 designations; the spring rate will be different due to the weight of the motors. I noticed the Megan Racing springs are for Ď4 cyl/V6í. Theyíre not the same and it would stand to reason that the drop on the front end will be a little different, with the V6 being slightly lower than the 4i on that set.

If it were me (and it was when I bought my Eibach wagon springs), Iíd make sure I ordered springs specific to my car.

Yeah I noticed the same thing about the Megan racing ones tbh Iím really leaning towards the eibachs if I canít find any reviews on the manzoís I was able to find that the manzo brand ones were listed for the V6 from multiple online stores

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<-
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So I have just spent a couple of hours sifting through ancient threads on lowering springs, so allow me to refine my question some since I know nothing about lowering a car. Has anyone heard of or used the Manzo springs? If not I think Iíll probably stick with my original plan of eibach. That leads to my next question the wagon springs are rated for a slightly larger drop would those work on my hatch?

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<-
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
I think if your options are strictly between sedan (the Eibach link you posted) or wagon springs (the ones I have), you’d definitely be better off with the wagon springs. The wagon and the hatchback have additional weight in the rear because of the additional glass (moreso the wagon with the two extra side back windows), and the hatch/liftgate.

If there isn’t a set specific to the hatchback, I’d go with the wagon springs. If you were to use the sedan springs, the additional weight of your hatchback will result in noticable sag in the rear.

@blackerphotos on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter

Last edited by blackerphotos; 01-03-2019 at 12:04 AM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
That is exactly what I was thinking, with the weight of the hatch it would probably make the most sense to use the wagon springs.

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<-
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 03:30 AM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil6 View Post
That is exactly what I was thinking, with the weight of the hatch it would probably make the most sense to use the wagon springs.

You and @blackerphotos nailed it.
check my experience here.

The front spring rates are likely almost identical between the V6 and L4 but there is a huge difference in the rear springs.
I installed the sedan springs on the rear with about 1" of spacer and the level was fine but it could not control the extra mass over bumps. The racing beat springs are no longer made for the wagon and hatch. I have Racing Beats spring rates listed for comparison in the bost referenced above, they are all 20% stiffer than stock. You can still find the Mazdaspeed springs for the wagon/hatch (GRMS-8M-H15) and they are about 30% stiffer. Be advised that if you live in the "rust belt" they have had difficulty with salted roads and longevity (not powder coated).

I went with a 20mm lowering and I cannot pull into curb stops without hitting the front end. I have had to moderately watch driveways. Two of the springs you listed have a 50+mm drop, this will mean that with the long overhang on the Mk1 you are going to have to crawl and angle up many driveways. There will likely be some that you just cannot traverse. If you want it "dumped" then they may be the way to go.

I am running a King spring "lowered coil" out of Australia on the rear and have been extremely happy with it. Had I to do it again I would go with those spring both front and back but a full set would come at a premium (postage). They are a 30mm drop (which I spaced up 10mm) and have a 30+/- rate increase.

I have run the Eibach springs on Volvo wagons (850, 245), Datsun 240Z, Celica RWD, Corolla, and others with great results. They are just a little lower (~40mm drop) than I wanted with the driveways I have to pass on a daily basis. The 240Z is still wearing them after 26 years.

Good luck and it going to be tough to make it look better than it already does.

For perspective @kiwiatenza is on King "Super Lows" (-50mm)
Check out his ride below. (I traded his pictured taillights for mine)
https://forum.mazda6club.com/newbie-...ml#post4992914
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	King Spring Part Numbers Mazda6 GG_GY.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	225874  

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:

.MSP slotted brakes & rotors
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Lowering Spring Options

Thanks @DrFeelGood for the info it really helps. I know Iím probably going to have to worry about scraping things but thatís not the end of the world my previous car (pics below quality is not so good as I was taking pictures of pictures lol) was a 2000 eclipse and it sat so low from the factory that speed bumps, drive ways and curb stops were always a problem so I got used to being careful then. As for the drop thatís another thing the eibachs have going for them the drop is only rated 1.6 inch rather than 2+ which I think will look better and it will probably make it easier to change out the wheels if I ever find any. I also like that youíve had them on a car for 26 years with no issues that longevity for me is a big selling point as well as the stiffness because now that I have engine performance where I want itís time to tackle handling future upgrades after springs will be the H brace, strut tower brace and eventually better sway bars.
I didnít even realize the speed6 springs were different, though itís good to know they donít handle salt well.Lowering Spring Options-img_0938.jpgLowering Spring Options-img_0937.jpg

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<-

Last edited by bluedevil6; 01-03-2019 at 12:08 PM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Groans: 19
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
I have Eibach Proline 2"-2.5" drop springs going back on my car this winter and it gets it down low but I never scraped anything except when parking. Made the car handle stupid well, but I also have Koni ADJ Yellows all around too. Can't wait for the spring, getting a bunch of stuff done this winter with the car off the road for a change.

2004 Mazda 6s 3.0 5dr. 5spd never ending money vacuum project:
CP-E headers w/catted mid + Magnaflow carback/AEM CAI/3.7L TB/Speed6 springs/RX-8 wheels
AWR 70D Enginemount/CP-E Dogbone/Custom urethane stock trans mount
Ralco shortshifter/Bose w/Auxmod/sharkfin antenna/lots of little things...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page