Air Lift Performance 3P - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickyip415 View Post
Thanks for the input! I appreciate it. I'm going back and forth between the two choices. I really like MadStyle's set up since it looks so clean, but I feel like Accuair will still give me functionality in the trunk since its just the tank, meanwhile Airlift will need to add the compressors. At the same time, having 2 compressors is safer since if one were to fail, then the second one will kick in. My concern is that the two compressors with Airlift will make the car louder than it should be. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't hear it since I play my music at 30+ on the volume level.

Does that mean the 3P system is all that is really needed?
To break it down, If you travel with passengers front and back often, or track the car, then you would want the 3H to automatically keep the car at whatever height, 3P will keep the car at certain PSI's but when you add more weight like a bunch of friends in the car you will have to manually increase the PSI to keep your original ride height temporarily not a big deal for me, very rarely I had to do that. You can always upgrade to 3H anyway after getting the 3P, It's plug n play minus the install of the sensors of course and you can go back and forth 3P to 3H or back to 3P if a sensor break or something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MadStyle; 07-26-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the input! I appreciate it. I'm going back and forth between the two choices. I really like MadStyle's set up since it looks so clean, but I feel like Accuair will still give me functionality in the trunk since its just the tank, meanwhile Airlift will need to add the compressors. At the same time, having 2 compressors is safer since if one were to fail, then the second one will kick in. My concern is that the two compressors with Airlift will make the car louder than it should be. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't hear it since I play my music at 30+ on the volume level.

Does that mean the 3P system is all that is really needed?
You mean Accuair Endo CVT tank w/ internal compressor. It's quiet but runs about $1350.
For about $350 (a whole $1000 less) you can get a seamless aluminum tank and a pair of Viair 444C Compressors (It's what I did).

So you just have to choose between the two, lower budget or lower sound. And keep in mind the compressors are not on the whole time, just when the tank dips below a certain PSI.

And the tank/compressor is apart from the Air management. You can get whatever tank/compressor you want, and then get either the Airlift 3P/3H or the Accuair e-level. I would't even touch the regular Accuair switchback.

Attached a picture of how my install is going so far. Very similar to MadStyle's setup, except I plan to hide the management as well (Which I have not purchased yet).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20180724_205354.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	579.8 KB
ID:	223024  
MadStyle likes this.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 04:45 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoname View Post
You mean Accuair Endo CVT tank w/ internal compressor. It's quiet but runs about $1350.
For about $350 (a whole $1000 less) you can get a seamless aluminum tank and a pair of Viair 444C Compressors (It's what I did).

So you just have to choose between the two, lower budget or lower sound. And keep in mind the compressors are not on the whole time, just when the tank dips below a certain PSI.

And the tank/compressor is apart from the Air management. You can get whatever tank/compressor you want, and then get either the Airlift 3P/3H or the Accuair e-level. I would't even touch the regular Accuair switchback.

Attached a picture of how my install is going so far. Very similar to MadStyle's setup, except I plan to hide the management as well (Which I have not purchased yet).
Yeah, I really want to lower the car but don't have the funds lol
How is the installation so far?

Do you guys think the new Airlift 3S is worth it?

2016 Mazda 6 Touring Meteor Gray Mica
CS SRI and CS Catback Exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Airlift 3S - I am not fond of it, It's a manual, meaning you have to maintain you psi level manually, if the psi goes down you constantly have to adjust it. 3P maintains your PSI, if it drops down or goes up too high and it readjust to your specific PSI settings. The 3S is basically a budget setup with no bells and whistles but it's cheaper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 05:04 PM
Learners License

That sounds like a pain. 3H/3P sounds a lot better.

I really hope there's a sale or something that will make it easier for me to purchase Airlift materials.

How's your experience having bags for about a year and a half now? Anything you don't particularly like?

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
That sounds like a pain. 3H/3P sounds a lot better.

I really hope there's a sale or something that will make it easier for me to purchase Airlift materials.

How's your experience having bags for about a year and a half now? Anything you don't particularly like?

I have no complaints, pretty solid system no issues yet, I check my bags everytime I check my tire pressures as a precaution but they are running solid still no sign of wear yet.

Cost wise this setup will still be a pretty penny on sale, I would suggest buying in pieces if you're serious, buy the the struts a pair at a time, they are cheaper. The Air Management kit, is the most expensive part at $1500 bucks. Front bags or rear bags are like 900 bucks or so per pair, also installation cost is another big cost, depending on shop It'll cost anywhere from 900 bucks and up and about 2/3 days without your car unless you want to do it yourself.

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 05:59 PM
Learners License

Yeah, I see what you mean. I did a quick build on bag riders to see how much 3H would cost and it was a little over 4k.

Hopefully there's a sale, but right now, I'm leaning towards using TJ Hunt's website w/ throtl.
With a discount from signing up as a member, its under $3600 not including shipping (however much that is)

Accuair's EndoCVT w/ struts would be at least 4600

Installation price doesn't sound too bad especially with the one you recommended me before. The harder parts getting to places without a car.

Do you ever hear the compressors with the way you set them up farthest away from the driver and front passenger?

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Yeah, I really want to lower the car but don't have the funds lol
How is the installation so far?

Do you guys think the new Airlift 3S is worth it?
Install is going good, made a thread on it.
https://forum.mazda6club.com/picture...ort-build.html

I wouldn't touch the 3S, especially without a remote.

if you are on a budget, get the 3P. $1,275 on Amazon, ebay, etc. with free shipping.
Front/rear struts and bags about $1825 on Airlift's site plus shipping. If you call them they may even give you a better deal.
Comes out to $3100, plus compressors and a tank.

You could do the install yourself. I started out mounting the tank, manifold and everything else, leaving the bags for last. Not a single day of down time for the car.
With some basic tools and a lot of patience you can do everything over a few days/weeks, depending on the time you have, and how clean of a job you want to do.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 06:29 PM
Learners License

Since air suspension isn't very popular on the gen 3, do you guys happen to know if it will interfere with CS rear sway bar?

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Should not have any issues with em.

#tap-translate { all: initial; } @keyframes translation-button-slide { from { transform: translateX(100%); } to { trasnform: translateX(0); } } @keyframes fadein-background { from { opacity: 0; } to { opacity: 0.7; } } @keyframes fadeout-background { from { opacity: 0.7; } to { opacity: 0; } } @keyframes fadein-button { from { opacity: 0; } to { opacity: 1; } } @keyframes translation-slidein { from { transform: translateX(-50%) translateY(-100%); } to { trasnform: translateX(-50%) translateY(0); } } @keyframes translation-slideout { from { trasnform: translateX(-50%) translateY(0); } to { transform: translateX(-50%) translateY(-100%); } } @keyframes spinner { from { transform: rotateZ(0deg); } to { transform: rotateZ(360deg); } } #tap-translate *, #tap-translate *::before, #tap-translate *::after { box-sizing: border-box; } #tap-translate .container { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; font-size: 16px; font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 1.2; color: black; z-index: 1000000000; } #tap-translate .translation-button { animation-duration: 0.1s; animation-timing-function: linear; animation-fill-mode: forwards; display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; cursor: pointer; background: #f9f9fa ; box-shadow: 0 0 5px #ccccc6 ; user-select: none; -moz-user-select: none; } #tap-translate .translation-button:active { background: #e1e1e6 ; } #tap-translate .translation-button.m-corner { animation-name: translation-button-slide; position: fixed; top: 20px; right: 0; width: 70px; height: 50px; } #tap-translate .translation-button.m-corner .translation-button_image { width: 50px; height: 50px; } #tap-translate .translation-button.m-next-to { animation-name: fadein-button; position: absolute; border-radius: 50%; width: 40px; height: 40px; } #tap-translate .translation-button.m-next-to .translation-button_image { width: 35px; height: 35px; } #tap-translate .translation { position: fixed; } #tap-translate .translation.m-closing .translation_background { animation-name: fadeout-background; } #tap-translate .translation.m-closing .translation_content { animation-name: translation-slideout; } #tap-translate .translation_background { animation-name: fadein-background; animation-duration: 0.2s; animation-timing-function: linear; animation-fill-mode: forwards; position: fixed; top: 0; left: 0; background: black; width: 100vw; height: 100vh; } #tap-translate .translation_content { animation-name: translation-slidein; animation-duration: 0.2s; animation-timing-function: linear; animation-fill-mode: forwards; position: fixed; top: 0; left: 50%; background: #f9f9fa ; width: 90%; max-width: 400px; transform: translateX(-50%); } #tap-translate .translation_loader { animation-name: spinner; animation-duration: 1s; animation-timing-function: linear; animation-iteration-count: infinite; border: 5px solid #e1e1e6 ; border-top: 5px solid #0096dd ; border-radius: 50%; margin: 15px auto; width: 45px; height: 45px; } #tap-translate .translation_info, #tap-translate .translation_error { padding: 15px; } #tap-translate .translation_info { overflow-y: auto; max-height: 80vh; } #tap-translate .translation_main.m-single { font-size: 18px; font-weight: bold; } #tap-translate .translation_secondary, #tap-translate .translation_language { padding-top: 10px; } #tap-translate .translation_language { font-size: 14px; } #tap-translate .translation_error { text-align: center; } #tap-translate .translation_error-sign { font-size: 50px; color: #d71111 ; } #tap-translate .translation_buttons { display: flex; flex-flow: row nowrap; user-select: none; -moz-user-select: none; } #tap-translate .translation_button { cursor: pointer; background: #e1e1e6 ; padding: 15px 0; text-align: center; width: 100%; } #tap-translate .translation_button:active { background: #afafb5 ; } #tap-translate .translation_button.m-primary { background: #0096dd ; color: white; } #tap-translate .translation_button.m-primary:active { background: #066896 ; }

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page