Zeffer's Product Review: BC Racing Coilovers - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Zeffer, any updates? I have heard good things about BC initially but then lots of not so good, particularly about the springs breaking on an M3 coilover set and them rusting out in salted enviroments. Is there any other good choices out there? I am not looking for slammed as it's a terrible idea for where I live, just good performance.

2015 Mazda 6 GS-L Touring - Liquid Silver Metallic - Auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Inline View Post
Zeffer, any updates? I have heard good things about BC initially but then lots of not so good, particularly about the springs breaking on an M3 coilover set and them rusting out in salted enviroments. Is there any other good choices out there? I am not looking for slammed as it's a terrible idea for where I live, just good performance.

Iím pretty sure he took these off in favor for an air set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 40 Times in 33 Posts
I mean if you cannot go as low as corksport with these coilovers without buying their recommended springs whats the point? You just wasted money

Youre better off just buying springs and even the corksport shock would be a better and less hassle like setup than this. Install, align, boom forget. Better yet with koni yellows.

With this you have to what tighten screws and what not? Lube the coilovers? Too much shit plus

These coilover may cost the same as buying springs and koni shocks but that doesnt mean is the same or better quality. The simple fact that they are just as cheap as buying 2 parts is not a good sign.

They are lower quality that a corksport/hnr and kony setup and that’s a fact. A comparable quality coilover would be $2000

Last edited by Mazda6Suspension; 08-26-2018 at 07:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension View Post
I mean if you cannot go as low as corksport with these coilovers without buying their recommended springs whats the point? You just wasted money

Youre better off just buying springs and even the corksport shock would be a better and less hassle like setup than this. Install, align, boom forget. Better yet with koni yellows.

With this you have to what tighten screws and what not? Lube the coilovers? Too much shit plus

These coilover may cost the same as buying springs and koni shocks but that doesnt mean is the same or better quality. The simple fact that they are just as cheap as buying 2 parts is not a good sign.

They are lower quality that a corksport/hnr and kony setup and thatís a fact. A comparable quality coilover would be $2000
You're totally missing the point. Coilovers offer tons of adjustability and have some great potential in the hands of a good suspension tuner.

Getting fixed dampers and springs like you said isn't a bad idea either. But not Koni. I would go for Bilstein B6 and Tanabe springs

2015 Mazda 6 GS-L Touring - Liquid Silver Metallic - Auto
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Groaned at 40 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Inline View Post
You're totally missing the point. Coilovers offer tons of adjustability and have some great potential in the hands of a good suspension tuner.

Getting fixed dampers and springs like you said isn't a bad idea either. But not Koni. I would go for Bilstein B6 and Tanabe springs

My username is mazda6suspension for a reason. I've done plenty of research about this subject. Coilovers are not meant for street use. People just want them for the brag aspect and because it looks cool in your sigline. Most people with them have no clue about how they work. Koni are needed for lower drops. Tanabe is barely a drop. You can run them with the stock shocks and probably be fine for years.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to toy4x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension View Post
My username is mazda6suspension for a reason. I've done plenty of research about this subject. Coilovers are not meant for street use. People just want them for the brag aspect and because it looks cool in your sigline. Most people with them have no clue about how they work. Koni are needed for lower drops. Tanabe is barely a drop. You can run them with the stock shocks and probably be fine for years.
You have a new user name every 3-6 months because you get banned. Now your trying to tell us that you change your name due to your expertise? GTFO... ok "mazda6power".... changed that name because you went to another expertise or being banned for your normal stupid comments???

"No, blinstein is not better than Koni. Konis yellow are the only shocks that should be used with a drop of 2” like corksport. Anything else won’t last long and you will feel the stiffness.

Those blinstein b6 are supposed to be oem replacement. Those b8 would be comparable to koni FSD which is only good for a drop like tanabe

I’m pretty sure the corksport shocks are rebranded blinstein b8 and that’s being generous. Who knows if these are actually b6"

Corksport ARE NOT rebranded BILSTEIN B8's!!! - Corksport are ADJUSTABLE shocks: 15-Position Adjustable Rebound Damping. Easily adjust your struts and shocks from OE specs to up to 70% higher rebound damping rate to tailor to your specific driving style and comfort level. - Bilstein have ZERO adjustable ability. B8's - These dampers offer application specific valve settings with a monotube design....

HMMM Sounds nothing alike....Pretty simple to read.... great expert advice as usual.

- Bilstein B4 OE Replacement dampers are specifically engineered to be the best choice for maintaining the original ride quality of your vehicle, while meeting or exceeding OE standards. These dampers are the ideal choice for the driver looking to restore the original performance and handling of their vehicle, with the added benefit of world-famous Bilstein quality.

- Bilstein B6 Performance dampers are a performance upgrade to OE dampers designed to be paired with the OE factory spring. These dampers offer application specific valve settings with a monotube design to bring out the best handling performance of a vehicle. Each damper is rigorously tested for quality that meets or exceeds OE standards. B6 Performance dampers will provide improved safety and handling performance with the added benefit of world-famous Bilstein quality.

- Bilstein B8 Performance Plus dampers are a performance upgrade to OE dampers designed to be paired with aftermarket lowering springs. These dampers offer application specific valve settings with a monotube design to bring out the best handling performance of a vehicle. Each damper is rigorously tested for quality that meets or exceeds OE standards. B8 Performance Plus dampers are the ideal solution for pairing with a lowering spring for improved handling and sportier look with the added benefit of world-famous Bilstein quality. B8 Shock Absorbers also have shortened piston rods in comparison to the Bilstein B6 Shock Absorber Range. This makes them ideal if you want to an extremely low vehicle profile.

And to the expert... Koni FSD's are discontinued, they have been replaced by Koni Special ACTIVE. AND the ACTIVE has yet to be available for the 2014+ GJ

- Koni Special ACTIVE - KONI Special ACTIVE are good to use with the lowering springs of your choice, we recommend H&R springs available on eEuroparts.com due to their progressive spring rate and Made-In-Germany high quality. Just be wary that KONI suggests not to drop lower than 1.25 and a maximum around 1.5in, otherwise you lose the benefits of the FSD ride. If you are a commuter that enjoys a smooth ride, with the occasional canyon run or autocross mixed in, these are for you.

If you are going below the 1" - 1.5" drop. Either Bilstein B8 or Koni Yellow sports.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Mazda 6 GT Reflex Blue Mica
* Black Chrome 19" Stock Wheels * Koni FSD Shocks / Struts

* Formula 1 Pinnacle Ceramic Tint 30% * Air Blue 80 Windshield Tint
* OEM Rear Splash Guards * MV Tuning Front Lip / Sideskirt
* AIO Tweaks * Tanabe Medalion Exhaust & NF210 Lowering Springs
The Following User Says Thank You to toy4x For This Useful Post:
Get Inline (09-04-2018)
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 08:38 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 753 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2730 Post(s)
Thanked 3,990 Times in 2,803 Posts
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Cleaned up Seiya's Quarterly Rant - Carry on (about CAR SUSPENSION) as per the thread.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page