Brake sensitivity randomly dropped - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Brake sensitivity randomly dropped

This is really strange.

Out of nowhere my brakes aren't as sensitive as they use to be. I use to only have to slightly push down, and now I have to push much further down. I only have 4500 miles and I don't abuse the brakes. It's completely random.

What's weirder is that it's like this in drive only. If I have the car in park, the brake sensitivity is normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Drizzoh Send a message via MSN to Drizzoh Send a message via Yahoo to Drizzoh
Take it to the dealer... This is why you have a warranty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Andrew |

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know this is bringing back a thread from the dead, but I have been having this exact same issue. At times it feels like when I hit the break pedal I have hit the portion of the pedal travel where the breaks are starting to bite, only to have to push down much further for them to actually grab. It feels like I am driving a car that has a different break pedal feel every time I get behind the driver seat. It is driving me nuts. I took it to the dealership and they said it is normal breaking - the smart city breaking is pre tensing the breaks and they are heated up, so when I hit the break there has been some fade. The only thing is that I get this even when I haven't been following anyone and there is nothing in front of me for the smart city breaking to sense. I have tried shutting smart city breaking off and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Password is Taco, did you find anything out with yours?

2016 Mazda 6 GT Soul Red

SOLD - 2007 Mazdaspeed 6 Black Mica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Groans: 9
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
This is why I don't want any of that fancy schmancy brake regeneration or auto city braking.... More stuff to go wrong.

Black, I'd say you should have it examined by the Mazda dealer near you, or a certified mechanic

06 MX5 GT - w/ Susp. Package (Bilstein shocks and LSD), Prog. Tech. Springs, Bose/xCarlink/10 Inch Fosgate P2 with Alpine 250w amp, RoadsterSport 2 Muffler, Racing Beat catless midpipe, AEM CAI, RHT
05 6i, Glacier Silver - Traded!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilus View Post
This is why I don't want any of that fancy schmancy brake regeneration or auto city braking.... More stuff to go wrong.
Amen to that! I just bought my 06' 6s and it is blissfully free of any of that crap. In fact just today I was cursing that damn grade logic which drives me friggin' crazy. People do love their tech though and I guess that's why things just keep getting more and more complex and therefore more and more expensive to buy and maintain.Having said that, if tech is your thing that's cool by me.

Quote:
"I have tried shutting smart city breaking off and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference."
That's curious that it makes no difference. Perhaps that is what's different about the braking, the smart sense is somehow acting differently. Just guessing.

2003 6i, 2005 3s, 2006 6s.

Last edited by ChrisHas6; 08-18-2015 at 08:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page