focuz brand rear sway bar user review - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Better handle ya business, don't let ya business handle you!!~Mystikal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Installed it on my second gen lol...had to move an exhaust hanger
The Following User Says Thank You to R242 For This Useful Post:
fallenambience (03-08-2013)
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
What size is the stock sway on the 2nd gen?

Also how do you like it? Nice improvement over stock?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
l
l
l

Have I helped you or supplied you with Information? Thank me by donating to The New England Mazda6 Auto Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 08:04 AM

Same size at 22mm, and also heavier(not necessarily stiffer). Was hoping the design with the offsets on the main part of bar would provide a little more stiffness. Granted I wasn't very used to the car, but I feel a little less boaty in the back, I'm happy. Used new energy poly bushings too, that helps No 2nd gen aftermarket so modified a euro speced front tower bar also heh.

Last edited by R242; 03-09-2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: more info
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
got the bar installed today. some observations/thoughts

1. bar came in a crappy package. no new bolts. just the bar itself, 2x rubber and 2x mounts

2. albeit 1, everything arrived in great condition. no scratch, well packed with bunch of bubble wraps

3. installation took some time. I am glad I have a impact wrench. when removing the old bar, took some time to get it away from the exhaust hangers

4. i paid some attention to how the old bar was installed and decided that the side that says "Focuz" on the new bar should be facing upward to the bottom of the car, which was not what I expected. I thought that you would want to make the brand visible. Maybe I did it wrong? But the orientation of the old bar tells me I did it right. Your thoughts appreciated.

Here are some photos:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0357.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	86826   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0359.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	86827   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0360.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	86828  

The Following User Says Thank You to dechaoz05 For This Useful Post:
fallenambience (03-11-2013)
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
I'm surprised they didn't provide new bolts.

Couple questions.

1. Did you install new endlinks? (I see the attached but dropbox ones are blocked by my work internet security)

2. After you get some drive time in post up some impressions on improvement.

3. A comment not so much a question, Thank you

l
l
l

Have I helped you or supplied you with Information? Thank me by donating to The New England Mazda6 Auto Club
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 07:11 PM

Re: focuz brand rear sway bar user review

Sticker down. I actually put my stock bar back on upside down when I first test fitted. It'll mount either way but my car clunked in reverse until I got the focuz bar on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

'12 Mazda 6 2.5L mtx Ingot silver K&N Typhoon intake*Borla-type Pro XS axleback*1gen 23mm rear sway bar*2gen front tower bar*Xpel laminate front end(all)*4500k HID AC ballasts*oem fog lights*legal tint*led's wherever possible
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenambience View Post
I'm surprised they didn't provide new bolts.

Couple questions.

1. Did you install new endlinks? (I see the attached but dropbox ones are blocked by my work internet security)

2. After you get some drive time in post up some impressions on improvement.

3. A comment not so much a question, Thank you

No new endlinks.

My butt is not very sensitive but I feel like when turning, the body roll is not as bad as with stock bar

another thought. though the focuz bar is fatter, it's lighter. it has to be hallow inside. so I was wondering if it actually makes the ride better. I guess it helped a little. R242, what do you think about the focuz bar on gen2?

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 07:59 PM

Re: focuz brand rear sway bar user review

It is light you may be right, but it's rigid, not much twist. Its stiffer than my stock bar, which was straight and prone to twist more. I wish there was a jbr or tripoint style bar available our cars could use a HD swaybar.
I'd get the poly bushings, they do make a difference from rubber, combo'd with the thicker bushing straps.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

'12 Mazda 6 2.5L mtx Ingot silver K&N Typhoon intake*Borla-type Pro XS axleback*1gen 23mm rear sway bar*2gen front tower bar*Xpel laminate front end(all)*4500k HID AC ballasts*oem fog lights*legal tint*led's wherever possible
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
I recently installed the Steeda 22.5mm solid rear bar, with poly bushings and new endlinks. If your bar is hollow, you should be able to see the seam at the end of the bar from when they pressed the hollow tube flat for the endling attachment holes.

The oem rear bar was initially 18mm for wagons & hatches, and 19mm for sedans. Now Mazda only stocks 19mm for all applications. I had these results for my hatch with an 18mm bar:

1- much better cornering with minimal understeer, much more neutral, huge change. But like Canyon Racer, I've done 1000's of miles of track days, and won 2 local autox seasons out of 3 I competed in. So I know how to test for changes in handling.

2- holds car much flatter in the corners.

3- lost the highway wander in cross winds.

Any sold rear bar this size is an excellent addition. Not sure, but Progress made a 24mm rear only, and Racing Beat makes the biggest bars which should only be installed as a pair.

You know the bar is installed right by looking at the lever arms. They have a vertical bow, with the highest point at the middle of the arm.

04 6S atx hatch
93 RX-7, 75 Trident

Last edited by KevinK2; 03-24-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page