Mazda 6 Forums banner

Weight in rear and Lowering ?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  toy4x 
#1 ·
Right now my car is riding on RX8 wheels and tires. Before I got my box/amps in, I hardly ever rubbed. Now with everything installed I'm rubbing quite a bit, and the back is much lower than the front. I'm getting my fenders rolled very soon. My big question is, if I lower my car with Mazdaspeed hatch springs, will I still look even? or will the front/back still be way off like it is now? My friends say that it will look better than it does now, due to the spring rates of aftermarket springs? Basically what I'm saying is the rear of my car looks lowered right now due to the weight of my sub box and the front is still stock. If I lower my car with Mazdaspeed springs, am I looking for trouble?

#4 ·
Ya, I was thinking the same thing. 225/45/18 are too big without rolling...

Second on the lowering...Mazdaspeed springs are not gonna fix your rear from sagging that much. They'll improve handling and such, but with the amount of weight in your trunk, you should probably look at getting a fiberglass enclosure for your subs to reduce the weight. Might cost a bit more, but it'll look better and you won't have all that weight making the car uneven. Then you could drop the car with whatever springs you decide and no have to worry about the rear sagging.

*EDIT*

If you only have two 10" subs and two amps, how do you have that much weight in the back? How big is your box? I'm guessing a smaller box would help also.

#5 ·
Rolling your fenders and Mazdaspeed hatch springs will be fine. The rear stock springs are crap, mine rear would drop like that and scrub just with 2 people in the back. I got the hatch springs with my fenders rolled and im not using 18x7.5 with a 45 offset and no scrub.

for reference

#6 ·
I noticed the sag when I put all the equipment in. I could have lived with the "gap" from the stock ride height and the RX8 wheels...but with the weight, the back end sits noticeably lower than the front and just can't stand it anymore...The back end looks nice(but rubs)...front needs to be dropped..... I will be rolling my fenders very soon, but have to wait till after Turkey day. and I will have to go with the speed hatch springs..wow looks real nice Blazing ^^ my back sits about that now....just the front has the stock gap

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.