Mazda 6 Forums banner

Progress 24mm Rear Bar $140, Whiteline 22mm $125

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  2fast4u 
#1 ·
Progress just makes a rear, designed for use with stock front bar. This would be an option to the RB 27mm rear bar.

oem rear is 19mm sedan, and 18mm wagon/hatch.

Rate increases for sedan:
RB=4X, PR=2.5X

Rate increases for hatch/wagon:
RB=5X, PR=3.2X

For comparison, mazdaspeed uses a 22mm rear in it's fr+rr upgrade set. IMHO, the RB rear is overkill unless used with the RB front.

This bar will be less harsh than RB, will be easier on the oem links, and MAY improve on the following RB design flaws:

1) lever arms too short, and twists lower link bushing
2) too thick at link holes, so threads don't fully engage solid part of link stud
3) bar end bends start too soon, and binds in pivot bushings

This web store features Progress bars, and has them in stock: neverenuf.com

Progress has been popular with earlier mazda models.

I'm still looking for a 22mm whiteline (au) rear ...

See less See more
#4 ·
Its nice that there are a couple of different choices now. I am running H&R springs, stock struts, and have been looking for a good rear bar. I didnt want the RB due to the thickness, and the problems.

Maybe I'll pick this up.

I just got some nice new sticky Falken Azenis ST615s. Maybe this'll finally fix my problems of tractions and understeer into corners :)

Anyone have any thoughts?

#8 ·
Both MS and Whiteline rear 22mm bars have a matching larger front bar. Progress offers rear only, so at 24mm they were going to eliminate any trace of understeer.

Thanx for CVR tip, 22mm rear is $125 shipped. I'll go for it this spring.

#9 ·
Nice to have another option. Lot of good reviews on Progess Groups suspension products on other cars.

I wrote to CVR about the Whitelines but did not get an answer back yet.

I wanted to know how the adjustable bar was set up; mid-setting same as non adjustable with the option to go softer or stiffer; lowest setting same as no-adjustable with 2 stiffer settings? The do not have any description, nor does Whiteline's WEB site. Anybody know hoe they are set up?

#11 ·
Nice to have another option. Lot of good reviews on Progess Groups suspension products on other cars.

I wrote to CVR about the Whitelines but did not get an answer back yet.

I wanted to know how the adjustable bar was set up; mid-setting same as non adjustable with the option to go softer or stiffer; lowest setting same as no-adjustable with 2 stiffer settings? The do not have any description, nor does Whiteline's WEB site. Anybody know hoe they are set up?
[/b]
I suggest the cheaper non-adjustable 22mm, since the oem links are not designed for operating at skew angles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.