How do I remove the oil drain from a KO4 turbo ? - Page 6 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Lowspeed

Mentioned: 170 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,156 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
There are a few very skilled folks in the central FL area that would be willing to lend a hand I'm sure, but you'll find it's really no more complex than other stuff- Just a bolt at a time till it's done I've worked with a few folks down that way and would be happy to shake the tree for ya

When it comes to breaking things, blown engines & whatever, you're pretty safe! With a BNRs3 you have to work it pretty hard to get into that area- ask me how I know... lolz

I had planned on, and posted repeatedly, that I was gonna go s1, but when it came time to get the credit card out I bit the bullet & went for it. I've never regretted the decision.

I also know this tuner who would take great care of you & make sure nothing bad ever happened to your engine.....

Sold 7/2016- Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop, fully bolted & badass

1and1
135i - E82.N54 2009 BSM - MHD S1+ / xHP S3 / PR CP & IC / RB PCV / Borla
. . . . RSFI, Koni & Eibach, Dinan CP's & M3 CA's / EBC Red's & Firehawk 500's
X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 09:42 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
That would be great! I hear you with the one bolt at a time (though some bolts take a bit longer than others haha) but it would be nice having a little guidance. I also would be appreciative of the recommendation on the tuner as I would love to be able to drive my girl for another 10 yrs... I'm planning on trying to do it in the upcoming weeks. I'll PM you my contact info to make it easier. I'll try to search around as this was probably already answered somewhere else, but what kind of mods were needed to fit in the BNR 3 in there?

06 MS6: COBB AP, Cp-e 3in downpipe, Cp-e tmic, color-matched badgeless front grill, Autotech HPFP, EBC Red stuff and USR slotted rotors, Audiolink ipod adaptor, Valentine 1

coming soon: BNR 3, grimmspeed EBCS, Bosch 3 Bar MAP, HTP 3" one piece intake/TIP
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 08:05 AM
Lowspeed

Mentioned: 170 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,156 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Tuner- I run a company called FLOWTuned, have worked with several here on the forum
http://flowtuned.com
https://www.facebook.com/flowtunedsystems

Parts to buy-
- - For any BNR - -
- Gaskets- one for ExMani to turbo, one for turbo to DP. Get Mazda OEM for their high quality, but shop all over for best price cause they're not particularly inexpensive...

- - For BNRs3 specifically - -
- Coolant line - 11" of 6AN braided hose from any local hose place will work- they'll cut it to length for you. Remember to pick up a pair of hose clamps. Cost for braided hose will be ~$8, looks nice & is well protected. BNR includes the new fitting for the turbo.

Highly encouraged upgrades-
- 3 Port EBCS of your choice - Cobb, Grimmspeed, Perrin, Stratified, even a MAC DIY, they're all pretty much the same. Stratified makes a nice one & comes with all the tidbits & vac line you'd need. Cost varies, but ~$125
- 3 BAR MAP Sensor - Allows your ECU & EBCS to read & react to pressures higher than 23psi. The sensor & pigtail adapter so it's plug-n-play, and the combined pair cost less than $100

Have a good 0WGDC map ready to go when you start the car the first time- you'll want to 1) verify your install without stressing anything, and 2) learn what your WG spring pressure is set to. Once you know those two things then you start dialing in boost.

Some threads to read-
How to: Free up room for turbo work - Mazdaspeed Forums
Freeks BNR install - Mazdaspeed Forums
BNR S3 Installed - Mazdaspeed Forums
BNR S3 Swap How To - Mazdaspeed Forums

Oh, and got your PM- I'll read it through in detail later on today!

Sold 7/2016- Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop, fully bolted & badass

1and1
135i - E82.N54 2009 BSM - MHD S1+ / xHP S3 / PR CP & IC / RB PCV / Borla
. . . . RSFI, Koni & Eibach, Dinan CP's & M3 CA's / EBC Red's & Firehawk 500's
X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page