I hate Bicycles NSFW. Thanks awacsdavid. - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to warpedexistence
Sorry, just needed to rant. With these high gas prices I'm finding myself getting more and more annoyed by these 2 wheel menaces. Seriously, I share the road, I'm conscious of them and am not out there to hurt anyone but.... I find my restraint being tested by the riders every single day.

To the bicycle enthusiasts on here: Why are bike riders retarded? Is it the helmet? Is circulation cut off cause the straps are too tight? Aren't there bicycle safety programs and all?

I hope that cops start paying more attention to bikes, since there are more on the road, or things will get uglier then they have become already.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
QUOTE (L Train @ Jul 22 2008, 02:28 PM)
Quote:
Sorry, just needed to rant. With these high gas prices I'm finding myself getting more and more annoyed by these 2 wheel menaces. Seriously, I share the road, I'm conscious of them and am not out there to hurt anyone but.... I find my restraint being tested by the riders every single day.

To the bicycle enthusiasts on here: Why are bike riders retarded? Is it the helmet? Is circulation cut off cause the straps are too tight? Aren't there bicycle safety programs and all?

I hope that cops start paying more attention to bikes, since there are more on the road, or things will get uglier then they have become already.[/b]
As a frequent bike rider I'm a bit annoyed by your rant. Exactly what is it that these "retarded" bike riders are doing that has you so irritated?
Did you ever stop to consider that bike riders are in general rather fearful of cars for many reasons? First and most obvious of them is the fact that in any collision between a car and bike the bike and its rider stands little chance. Second is the fact that far too many drivers are complete morons. Finally there's the guys like you who harbor some deep seated resentment toward the two wheeled vehicles. The last thing I want to have to worry about is some hothead behind me in a car who has it in for people on bicycles.
My hope is that the police start keeping a closer eye on auto drivers who are discourteous to bicyclists.

I'd also suggest you get used to seeing more bicycles with the current cost of gasoline. Maybe you should try it yourself sometime and see how many people in cars are complete assholes to those on bikes. It might be an eye-opener for you.

"There are three easy ways of losing money - racing is the quickest, women the most pleasant, and the Stock Market the most certain."
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 04:38 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
any examples? Most bike riders I've seen know the rules of the road better than a lot of drivers around me. They signal, they stay in their lane, and they (normally) get out of your way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Liquid Platinum Mazdaspeed 6
Currently Installed: Sharkfin | Forge BPV | TWM Stage 2 SS | Dashhawk | COBB Accessport Stage 1+ | Speedie's inlet pipe | Cobb SRI | Magnaflow Exhaust | H&R Springs | Bilstein HD Shocks | SPC Adjustable Balljoints | Cobb Shifter Weight | RX-8 Wheels w/ 225/40-18 Goodyear GS-D3 Tires
Selling: Fujita CAI, DSM 1G BOV
Future Possibilities: who knows...
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 04:42 PM

QUOTE (DennisW @ Jul 22 2008, 12:35 PM)
Quote:
As a frequent bike rider I'm a bit annoyed by your rant. Exactly what is it that these "retarded" bike riders are doing that has you so irritated?
Did you ever stop to consider that bike riders are in general rather fearful of cars for many reasons? First and most obvious of them is the fact that in any collision between a car and bike the bike and its rider stands little chance. Second is the fact that far too many drivers are complete morons. Finally there's the guys like you who harbor some deep seated resentment toward the two wheeled vehicles. The last thing I want to have to worry about is some hothead behind me in a car who has it in for people on bicycles.
My hope is that the police start keeping a closer eye on auto drivers who are discourteous to bicyclists.

I'd also suggest you get used to seeing more bicycles with the current cost of gasoline. Maybe you should try it yourself sometime and see how many people in cars are complete assholes to those on bikes. It might be an eye-opener for you.[/b]
You seem to get a bit annoyed by a lot of posts, lol.

I am fine with bicyclists, but those who do not follow the rules of the road (which the OP was BLATANTLY referring to w/a little humor thrown in - learn to smile. ) annoy the hell out of me as well. To me, it just looks lazy. IE people who don't signal they are going to change lanes or turn, or do so without looking before they do, don't stop at stop signs/lights, ride in the road when there is a bike lane, etc.

However, I get annoyed by the same antics by anyone on the road, but bicyclists stress me out more because I know even the slightest accident could kill them. There's no such thing as a 'fender bender' when you hit someone on a bike at 20 mph. And when I'm putting that much extra care around bicyclists and I see that they aren't at all, yeah, I get pissed off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 04:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to tweiss3
I happen to resent your comments about cyclists. Myself, as well as a few people i know that have commuted on a cycle for years, know the rules and safety guidelines for riding. However, i did work a bike shop in the past and as gas prices rise there are new morons on cycles on the road. These are some of the same people that almost hit you while talking on the road. Those people piss me off too.

First class prick
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 04:44 PM

I have nothing against bike riders as a group, but when I'm stuck behind a rider who's in the middle of the lane and doing 1/4 the speed of the surrounding traffic I get a little irritated. When that same rider who holds everyone else up doesn't obey traffic laws and crosses when the light is red...I get pissed. It's not all bike riders because some are very courteous, but just like people who drive cars, every once in a while there is one who isn't. Although there is one thing I don't understand...why ride on the street when there is a sidewalk 5 feet away? In my area almost every street has an accompanying sidewalk but bike riders still use the street. I don't get it...why risk yourself?

2005 6s - Injen CAI ; Eibach Sportline Springs ; Tokico HP Shocks ; 55Watt 6000K Apexcone HID's ; 35% Tint ; Steeda TB Spacer

post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 04:45 PM

I get irritated with bicyclists that ride down the center at 10 mph in a 40mph zone.

Of course, I get irritated with cars doing the same thing.

Pogo (Walt Kelly) - 1970
2004 6s Glacier Silver Metallic ATX Moonroof SAB/SAC Bose Sport w/ Spoiler and Luxury packages
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 04:45 PM

Send a message via MSN to awacsdavid Send a message via Yahoo to awacsdavid
Personally, I don't have a problem with bicycles or their riders.

Sorry Guys. Forgot!!

It's been removed.

post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Bikers would be ok if they lived by the same rules as a automobile. Too many times I see bikes way out of there lane forcing me out of my lane and head on with traffic, running stop signs cause they don't want to stop on a hill, or huge groups of riders (100+) going through a stop sign as if they are just one vehicle.

You say bikers are afraid of cars? I am afraid of them, I hit one and kill them I go to jail for vehicle man slaughter my fault or not! Obey the rules stay in you lane, don't ride 4 wide, and I will do everything I can to not hit you .... deal?

~ Travis
<sub>
</sub>

Stupid Ricer, My lugnuts require more torque than your car makes.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Spooner77 @ Jul 22 2008, 02:44 PM)
Quote:
I have nothing against bike riders as a group, but when I&#39;m stuck behind a rider who&#39;s in the middle of the lane and doing 1/4 the speed of the surrounding traffic I get a little irritated. When that same rider who holds everyone else up doesn&#39;t obey traffic laws and crosses when the light is red...I get pissed. It&#39;s not all bike riders because some are very courteous, but just like people who drive cars, every once in a while there is one who isn&#39;t. Although there is one thing I don&#39;t understand...why ride on the street when there is a sidewalk 5 feet away? In my area almost every street has an accompanying sidewalk but bike riders still use the street. I don&#39;t get it...why risk yourself?[/b]
In most municipalities bicycles aren&#39;t allowed on the sidewalks - they are considered non-motorized vehicles and are subject to the same traffic laws as motorized vehicles.

Pogo (Walt Kelly) - 1970
2004 6s Glacier Silver Metallic ATX Moonroof SAB/SAC Bose Sport w/ Spoiler and Luxury packages
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page