LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 03:08 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have seen dealer cars that were used as service department "loaners" with that kind of mileage and then CPO'ed. So, not new, but perhaps almost "good as new." Apart from the 6200 miles anyway.

As a sort of aside, the "OTD Price" is not very relevant because taxes, dealer and doc fees can vary a lot from place to place. It's probably more appropriate if posters split out the car price, and then fees and TTL. Just an OTD price is not really suitable in terms of how it helps people who might be shopping and using this thread for info/comps purposes. I believe that's why the "Price Paid" threads exists, to help current shoppers get a feel for the current market and how actual selling prices may be trending. Just an OTD price is not very useful. Since this was a standalone, though, I dunno, not sure if that was the OP intent?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 03:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
I bought this Mazda 6 diesel variant last year of December 19. Price was more or less $36,000. I paid $31,000 and the remaining through bank loan.

I don't know why car prices in my place is like this, quite expensive compared to others. Taxes and other fees are perhaps the culprit.

I think OVT said that the diesel variant is not available in the US market.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Bite me.. just the nicest car I have ever had and am happy to have it.. moderator please remove me from your site.. I run across jerks every day at work and am sick of the ones that hide behind screens. Everyone enjoy your ride and peace to you and your families.. thought there might be a little comradery here but I was mistaken.. sorry for being a ignorant newbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 12:09 PM
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
I don't know why car prices in my place is like this, quite expensive compared to others. Taxes and other fees are perhaps the culprit.

I think OVT said that the diesel variant is not available in the US market.
You're correct, no diesel in the US. Look how long it took Audi's Q5 TDI to get here... It frustrates us to no end, but oh well. EVs are really going to be big here in 5-7 years anyway. I expect that this will be my last car powered by petro-based fuels. (That's another reason I wanted to get an MT.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott 1960 View Post
Bite me.. just the nicest car I have ever had and am happy to have it.. moderator please remove me from your site.. I run across jerks every day at work and am sick of the ones that hide behind screens. Everyone enjoy your ride and peace to you and your families.. thought there might be a little comradery here but I was mistaken.. sorry for being a ignorant newbie
If you paid $23-25K for the nicest car you ever had, that is definitely good. BTW there is plenty of cameraderie here, I think it's just that your post fell in the gaps between a few different topics and it wasn't clear what you were trying to get across about why you were happy with your car/deal. Now you have answered that, so it's all good.

Back to my aside, I would really like to have different threads about price paid for each new model year. e.g. "2019 MY Prices Paid" when those start selling. AND provide instructions to include final vehicle price after incentives, then separately TTL/fees, and any trade credits/OTD as relevant, and also the dealer name if the OP chooses.

This helps shoppers figure out where the best deals are being had, without having to reverse calculate all the tax/fees bits and pieces based on nebulous assumptions or guesses. If we can win over more shoppers, they become buyers, and we get more forum members. It also helps us track where the prices are going for previous M.Y. cars, as the years go by. Other forums did this early on, and they became huge in large part, I believe, because of it.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Sorry I could only afford a 23000-25000 car. Please don't judge me cause I can't afford a 34000 signature
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 01:24 PM
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott 1960 View Post
Sorry I could only afford a 23000-25000 car. Please don't judge me cause I can't afford a 34000 signature
I could only afford $22K, and even that was a stretch. You did get a lot for your money, for sure, especially since the car is probably in like-new condition. I don't believe anyone meant to be judging. Now that you've clarified your sentiments behind your post, I think we understand and totally agree with you.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Price paid & value often are sensitive points. Don't be taken aback by various comments... There are 'lotsa good reasons to participate in this community. There are plenty of folks that could criticise my having bought a zero options plain jane Sport that I did.

Cdn17Sport6MT
Vancouver, BC Canada
The Following User Says Thank You to Cdn17Sport6MT For This Useful Post:
bayareacraig (11-09-2018)
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 01:43 PM
Learners License

Agreed, I bought the same plain Jane sport because that's all I could afford.

I have just maxed out 4 credit cards spiffing it up a bit, and now need to sell my old car to make those minimum payments and have money left over for future bills. Hopefully a stock I put some money in will finally hit in January and I'll be able to pay off those credit cards in full... But regardless of individual financial means, I think everyone on this forum would agree that the Mazda6 offers a great value for the money, regardless of which trim level you get.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Nobody was judging you, Scott 1960 - I certainly wasn't.

The 2017 GT is a great car, and I think you'll be very happy with it. I've only got a mid-level Touring model if it makes you feel any better. It doesn't even have real leather or a heads up display.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Let's just put this to bed.. I get it.. probably I was too sensitive.. appreciate the positive sentiments.. hope to learn more about the car from the experts and experienced owners in the future
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page