2018 Mazda 6 Signature availability & negotiating room - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
2018 Mazda 6 Signature availability & negotiating room

So we went back to the local, new Mazda dealership today....wanted to my wife to check out the 6 Signature. I was advised that there isn't a lot of wiggle room on pricing "because Japan has had so many disasters it's hard getting vehicles"....I'm not convinced this is on the level and they have a 2018 Sig White Pearl Mica/Chestnut interior on the lot.... Is he full of hot air, and should I look elsewhere, or is this the truth? Seems like there are plenty Mazda 6's at dealerships. This dealership auto group owns a whole block of different auto dealerships here. Any advice is appreciated.

When ready I'm sticking to negotiating price first, and then when I have that in writing I'll let them know whether I have a trade-in or not, or is this cash or financed. I'm also interested in a different color, though the car they have is a looker.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Groans: 0
First of all you need to go online & look up exactly what Mazda 6 model you're interested in (Autotrader for example) within a 200 Mile distance, Print them out (if possible) & compare just as if you're house hunting. Look for the Price difference, Features etc. Hopefully you are lucky enough to have at least a handful. It's better if you find them cheaper else where to gain you that "Wiggle" room in neg price. If your Credit is high & it's near end of month you'll have more pull on the deal as well due to sells Quote needing to be met, every dealer has one whether they admit it or not.
I always use other local dealers as pull as well meaning if there is a Honda Dealer in the surrounding area pull up a Honda Accord in your search for example that is within your budget but cheaper by 2-3 Grand of the Mazda 6 you want. Dealers will look up cars online just as you will to evaluate the market in their General Area.
If the Dealer Knows you really want that car they won't budge, PERIOD!... UNLESS they need a sell badly to make sells numbers. Sadly you have to show minimum emotion when buying cars because the salesmen (If a good one) will read you like a first date & knows how much you do or don't want that car, part of the game. I hope that helps a bit.

2015 Mazda 6 Touring 6 Spd Manual Deep Crystal Blue Metallic- Cork Sport SRI w/Cold Air Box, Racing Beat Exhaust, JBR Short Shift Plate, Full Kicker Audio.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitchapalooza85 For This Useful Post:
1BlinkGone (10-12-2018)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Garage
Just a couple of opinions and facts.

"because Japan has had so many disasters it's hard getting vehicles".. is total BS. Call around to some other dealers and check their inventory.

A dealer makes more money when they do the financing. Always check with your Bank or CU for an interest rate before signing with the dealers rate. You can negotiate their rate (if you're considering using their financing) just the same as the price of the car.

If you pay sales tax on the new car after the trade is applied you want to have any discount on the car rolled into your trade. This will save you some $ on sales tax.

Don't settle for anything less than what you want.

Don't be afraid to walk.
Mitchapalooza85 likes this.

2018 Signature - White Pearl - Chestnut
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to idrive For This Useful Post:
1BlinkGone (10-12-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Thx guys. It's definitely not my first rodeo with dealerships btw, lol...what I found most curious that had my BSOMETER going, was the line about supply issues due to Japan.

I can express interest for said model widget but I don't have to be interested in theirs....there are others out there, too. Thx again!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive View Post

"because Japan has had so many disasters it's hard getting vehicles".. is total BS. Call around to some other dealers and check their inventory.
Actually it's a rare chance but it is possible.
For instance back at the end of 2011 I was looking around for a brand new Hyundai Genesis coupe Turbo , only 1 dealership in the entire city had them & only had 3 left in stock & the only one in a Manual Transmission.
I called every Hyundai Dealer in the City for any update to when the next shipments of Genesis coupes would arrive & none had a set date to when.
So in that matter I had very little room for neg prices because 3 people that day while we were running numbers asked for test drives of that only manual model in which they couldn't because we were already running numbers. I did end up getting it at sticker.

2015 Mazda 6 Touring 6 Spd Manual Deep Crystal Blue Metallic- Cork Sport SRI w/Cold Air Box, Racing Beat Exhaust, JBR Short Shift Plate, Full Kicker Audio.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive View Post

Actually it's a rare chance but it is possible.
For instance back at the end of 2011 I was looking around for a brand new Hyundai Genesis coupe Turbo , only 1 dealership in the entire city had them & only had 3 left in stock & the only one in a Manual Transmission.
I called every Hyundai Dealer in the City for any update to when the next shipments of Genesis coupes would arrive & none had a set date to when.
So in that matter I had very little room for neg prices because 3 people that day while we were running numbers asked for test drives of that only manual model in which they couldn't because we were already running numbers. I did end up getting it at sticker.
How do/did you like the Genesis? I think they seem like great cars but have never driven one. I have huge respect for Hyundai for offering them in a manual.

Manual transmissions, wagons, and heavy metal are awesome. Zoom-Zoom \m/
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon - 3.0L V6, 5MT, Steel Gray Metallic
Mods: Pinstripes removed, rear V6 emblem added
Other Mazdas owned: 2015 Mazda 5 Sport ATX (current), 2010 Mazda 6 ATX (traded), 1997 Protege MTX (sold)
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazdaMetalhead View Post
How do/did you like the Genesis? I think they seem like great cars but have never driven one. I have huge respect for Hyundai for offering them in a manual.
When it was Bone Stock it was so-so. Once I added the LSD, Full bolt-ons (Intake, 3in Exhaust, Intercooler, Cutch/Alum Fly) & a Tune It really came alive!
My #1 complaint was the Transmission, Very Notchy especially in the winter. I still miss it regardless
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0459.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	638.8 KB
ID:	224426   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1084.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	224428  
MazdaMetalhead likes this.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage
If it's of any help, a Signature 6 that isn't soul red or any other upsell paint, true car (via USAA car buying service) has the average price going at about $33,000 +/-. I know Mazda has a $500 incentive this month too. So take that for what it's worth and shop around.

2018 Mazda6 Signature
- Soul Red/Parchment
The Following User Says Thank You to Chazzy J For This Useful Post:
1BlinkGone (10-17-2018)
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 04:52 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
There’s always room for negotiation. As others have said do your research and if you aren’t comfortable or happy with the dealer then find another one, even if it isn’t as close as you’d like or prefer it’s worth it if you save money and they make the transaction easier.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsnwheels View Post
Thereís always room for negotiation. As others have said do your research and if you arenít comfortable or happy with the dealer then find another one, even if it isnít as close as youíd like or prefer itís worth it if you save money and they make the transaction easier.
Exactly!

I was willing to Drive 5 hours North to Dallas to buy a car to save 3K off the Sale price (Compared to anything locally). Make it an all day affair! New car + Road Trip = Good Times!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page