Purchasing a CPO demo 2016 Grand Touring? - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
I went through this before buying my '15 Sport; among others I considered a Subie, two VWs (Jetta and Passat), the Mazda, Honda's line and then went up-market some with Acura, BMW and a few others.

On a pure value basis the Mazda won. On a driving dynamics basis the Mazda won big, especially considering that I really wanted the MTX. If you can GET a MTX at all in most cars these days it's only on a heavily-decontented trim level, which I find extremely offensive.

100,000+ miles later, I'm still happy with my choice.
kufliclicks likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickerguy View Post
I went through this before buying my '15 Sport; among others I considered a Subie, two VWs (Jetta and Passat), the Mazda, Honda's line and then went up-market some with Acura, BMW and a few others.

On a pure value basis the Mazda won. On a driving dynamics basis the Mazda won big, especially considering that I really wanted the MTX. If you can GET a MTX at all in most cars these days it's only on a heavily-decontented trim level, which I find extremely offensive.

100,000+ miles later, I'm still happy with my choice.
Nothing like buy a car to make you question every little thing in life. Having the documents sent over today so that I can review them before going back to the dealership. Pretty sure I'm going to be pulling the trigger on this one though. Wish me luck!

"You know what they say. Fool me once, strike one, but fool me twice... strike three."

- 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Garage
  • Quick question for you guys. So the dealership is still offering me the deal of $25,500 OTD on the 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring that they have listed at $24,999 on their website.
  • I told them that I would like to come take a final look/test drive and leave a deposit if everything checked out. I would then bring them a check for the rest once I had one ready. They knew going in that I would not be financing with them.
  • They said they are fine with me coming to drive it and take a look but that they will not take a deposit on it.
  • I assume this is because they probably want to try to sell the car at the original asking price to someone else before I can get a check for the full amount to them.
  • Is there any other reason they would not want a deposit to hold the vehicle? Should this be a concern/red flag?

"You know what they say. Fool me once, strike one, but fool me twice... strike three."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Garage
Took another drive today to get a better feel for the car and it's the one. The only thing that concerns me is the rust on all of the rotors. I know it's normal for there to be rust but I'm not sure what a normal amount is? This car only has 3700 miles. Put my mind to ease so I can pick this up tomorrow!

Last edited by brownbear; 05-02-2017 at 08:04 PM. Reason: picture links...
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Groans: 10
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
I am not surprised to hear that the stealership declined to take your deposit. Its a well priced car, and they probably want to sell it someone who will either finance through them or has the full amount upfront.

The rust on the rotors is common, more so after rain and if the car has been sitting for a while. Drive it a few miles, brake a few times and it will all be gone. For whatever the reason, the rotors in modern day cars seem to rust more than they used to back in the day.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilR View Post
I am not surprised to hear that the stealership declined to take your deposit. Its a well priced car, and they probably want to sell it someone who will either finance through them or has the full amount upfront.

The rust on the rotors is common, more so after rain and if the car has been sitting for a while. Drive it a few miles, brake a few times and it will all be gone. For whatever the reason, the rotors in modern day cars seem to rust more than they used to back in the day.
Well that does it I'm getting the car tomorrow. I'm almost a part of the club! Yes, the price almost too good. I asked him why they offered that and his answer was "well we honestly don't get many people that call knowing what exactly they want and asking for an out the door price and we want to get the 16s off the lot" so I guess I did well haha

post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Yes. rotor rust is normal if the car has sat, even if only for a couple of days, especially outside. The rotors are cast iron and cast iron rusts -- period.

Drive it a few miles and stop a couple of times and it will be gone.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Garage
Picked her up yesterday! Took the back roads home and holy hell is it fun to take corners in this car. Feeling a little overwhelmed with all the features since I'm coming from a 2004 grand prix but I can't wait to dive in. Thanks for all of the help so far guys!

kufliclicks likes this.

post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Groans: 10
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Finally ! Congratulations ! Post pics when you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page