Purchasing a CPO demo 2016 Grand Touring? - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Just got off the phone and got some more info on the car
  • The vehicle is titled to the dealership
  • He said it is a CPO vehicle that they call refer to as a "chase" car. Can anyone tell me more about chase cars? I'm going to email him back asking more specific questions on its exact use.
  • The in-service date is Sept 2, 2016 so that time will be taken off the warranty along with the ~3500 miles. However, they have extended the powertrain warranty to 7 years/100,000 from 5 year/60,000
  • No damage or repairs
  • They can provided a vehicle report

To me this all sounds good on paper and a little too good to be true for the price I was offered. Someone slap some sense into me...Still need to go and check it out personally for myself.

"You know what they say. Fool me once, strike one, but fool me twice... strike three."

- 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Groans: 2
I would emphisize it is still a "USED" vehicle and go with a 24,500$ number OTD as your budget was 24K$ to start and you'll give 500 more but that is all.....and stick to it, if there first comeback was 25,5k$ they will go lower. Go to the dealership as that will show you are truly ready to buy. You might have to walk but you probably wont get far before your phone will ring agreeing to your deal. Thats just what I would do if it were me.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofrank View Post
I would emphisize it is still a "USED" vehicle and go with a 24,500$ number OTD as your budget was 24K$ to start and you'll give 500 more but that is all.....and stick to it, if there first comeback was 25,5k$ they will go lower. Go to the dealership as that will show you are truly ready to buy. You might have to walk but you probably wont get far before your phone will ring agreeing to your deal. Thats just what I would do if it were me.
Completely agree with you! The first time I contacted this dealership saying that I was looking for a 2016 Touring + Tech or a Grand Touring for $24,000 OTD he told me that the cheapest they have right now was a 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring for $24,999. He called me the next day saying they could do it for $25,500 OTD. I'm thinking I could talk them down a little more as well.
Wahoofrank likes this.

"You know what they say. Fool me once, strike one, but fool me twice... strike three."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Groans: 10
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
25k OTD for a 2016 GT with 3500 miles and an extended warranty is a steal if everything else lines up ( no damages,signs of wear and tear etc). I paid ~$30k for the same model, so you are getting a good 18% discount on a lightly used car. Ofcourse, dealers are stealers, so use your best judgement.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilR View Post
25k OTD for a 2016 GT with 3500 miles and an extended warranty is a steal if everything else lines up ( no damages,signs of wear and tear etc). I paid ~$30k for the same model, so you are getting a good 18% discount on a lightly used car. Ofcourse, dealers are stealers, so use your best judgement.
My thoughts as well. Need to make a trip to the dealership this week if I can to check it out in person. Was told that it did not sustain damage/get repaired and that it was used for transport but not test drives.

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Groans: 2
You know they didnt pay them squat for that vehicle when whomever owned it traded it in. If it was 32K i bet they didnt give him 22 for it. If you get it for 25K you will be doing good, if you want to go that high. Dont be overly excited about it, they smell blood when they see someone is excited about the car in question. Act like you really dont want the GT and that you were mostly looking for a Touring with the premium package to save $$ and dont need all the extra GT stuff. Act like you can take it or leave it and would rather save the $$. Let us know how it works out for you. Good luck bro, im doing the same act in a couple weeks.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofrank View Post
You know they didnt pay them squat for that vehicle when whomever owned it traded it in. If it was 32K i bet they didnt give him 22 for it. If you get it for 25K you will be doing good, if you want to go that high. Dont be overly excited about it, they smell blood when they see someone is excited about the car in question. Act like you really dont want the GT and that you were mostly looking for a Touring with the premium package to save $$ and dont need all the extra GT stuff. Act like you can take it or leave it and would rather save the $$. Let us know how it works out for you. Good luck bro, im doing the same act in a couple weeks.
Well the dealership told me this is a "chase" vehicle. For example, if I bought a car online and the dealership drove it to me they would have someone follow them in a "chase" vehicle to get back to the dealership. The only people that drove it are older employees. Went to check it out for the first time today and every thing appears to check out! Tried not to show excitement as best as I could.

So now I have to ask to responsible question...what other vehicles could I get for $25,500 OTD or less that are actually worth considering? I know it's odd to ask that on a Mazda forum haha but any opinions are welcome!

post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbear View Post
Well the dealership told me this is a "chase" vehicle. For example, if I bought a car online and the dealership drove it to me they would have someone follow them in a "chase" vehicle to get back to the dealership. The only people that drove it are older employees. Went to check it out for the first time today and every thing appears to check out! Tried not to show excitement as best as I could.

So now I have to ask to responsible question...what other vehicles could I get for $25,500 OTD or less that are actually worth considering? I know it's odd to ask that on a Mazda forum haha but any opinions are welcome!
"What other vehicles could I get for $25,500 OTD or less that are actually worth considering?"

Really subjective. You can get a brand new GTI, Focus ST,Civic Si if it is performance and handling you are after. You can get a gently used Audi A4, BMW 320/328, Merc C300/CLA ,Lexus IS/ES 350 if luxury is what you desire.

If its a new econo-box sedan that you are looking for in the same category, then the car that most Mazda6 owners cross-shop is the Accord. Give the new Elantra Sport a try, i've heard nothing but good things about it.

I still think 25k$ OTD for a 2016 Mazda6 GT with 3000 miles is a good deal, but do your homework and walk into the stealership fully knowing they are out there to screw you one way or another.
Wahoofrank likes this.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilR View Post
"What other vehicles could I get for $25,500 OTD or less that are actually worth considering?"

Really subjective. You can get a brand new GTI, Focus ST,Civic Si if it is performance and handling you are after. You can get a gently used Audi A4, BMW 320/328, Merc C300/CLA ,Lexus IS/ES 350 if luxury is what you desire.

If its a new econo-box sedan that you are looking for in the same category, then the car that most Mazda6 owners cross-shop is the Accord. Give the new Elantra Sport a try, i've heard nothing but good things about it.

I still think 25k$ OTD for a 2016 Mazda6 GT with 3000 miles is a good deal, but do your homework and walk into the stealership fully knowing they are out there to screw you one way or another.
Fair point, part of me is saying to just by some $5000-$10,000 high milage car that is known for being reliable while the other part wants me to just go for the Mazda6. To be more specific I'm looking for a 4-door car that has some more modern features, is reliable, and looks good. I'm 26 so I would like for the vehicle to last me at least 7+ years. The mazda6 has the curves of a sports car that I haven't seen in any other model. So much so that I can still confuse it for a higher end sports car. I'm not looking for luxury because of maintenance costs.

post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 11:22 AM

Test drive the new Civic Si 4 door , Elantra Sport and Mazda 6 base model and take a call. If there's one advise any car guy will give you is that there are no bad cars anymore. Every manufacturer spends obscene amount of money in developing new cars, so it is all relative and down to individual taste and need. Goodluck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page