2017 Mazda6 - Price Paid - Page 6 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 02:51 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got my 2017 GS AT no pkg, with (spoiler, mud flaps and front floor liner worth $904 Cdn) and traded a 2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr sedan in good condition with 185,000 km (got $2,500 for it) OTD for $25,800 Cdn. They said they just wanted my business. (Was a bit sour that my old 2004 MPV rusted out from under me and I think they felt bad.). Feel really good about my purchase and can't wait to get a vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 02:16 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I didn't read all the posts, so I wasn't sure if this is for brand new cars only?

I just bought a 2017.5 GT in Soul Red, with Premium package and Navigation. $24,224, $150 doc fee and $35 trip permit (temp license) fee. No sales tax where I live. But the car had 2400 miles on it. I had no trade in, as my 2011 just died a horrible death from water pump failure. :-(

I agree with those who suggest using the internet sales department. It's so easy these days to find vehicles on Car Gurus, Edmunds, etc. You can get a very good idea of prices, price trends and popularity. Car Gurus gives a pricing history on a specific car so you can see if it was priced lower in the past. Also how long it has been listed online, so you can see if something is not selling. I bought my car over Labor Day weekend and the prices were really good.

I was kind of over a barrel because I didn't want a 2018 and the stock of 2017s is limited. But if you have a specific package and style and it's a current model you can contact multiple dealers' internet sales departments, and have them all bid against one another. If you want one very specific car that is at Dealer A, often Dealer B will get that car and sell it to you. So get the best price and then ask that dealer to get the specific car you want if they don't have one on their lot. This only works with brand new cars, though.

I haven't bought using the traditional sales route in ages. I go to the dealership to test drive and then get online to work the deals. I spend less than an hour in the showroom doing paperwork and I am out the door.
post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 10:39 PM
GWL

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM97027 View Post
I was kind of over a barrel because I didn't want a 2018 and the stock of 2017s is limited.

Congrats, curious as to why not a 2018?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 12:16 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Two reasons.

(1) My budget did not allow for a 2018 and

(2) I didn't want the larger engine. Maybe more ZOOM but the fuel economy was noticeably different. My only gripe about my 2011 was the fuel economy and the 2017 has a lot better MPG. So far it's doing about 33, mostly highway with some stop and go driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page