2016 Mazda6 Touring w/ Tech & Moonroof Package - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

3Likes
  • 2 Post By zWaj
  • 1 Post By ocramida

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
2016 Mazda6 Touring w/ Tech & Moonroof Package

Hey guys, my 07 Accord is falling apart and I am in the market for a new or CPO 2016 Accord EX or 2016 Mazda6 Touring.

I am leaning towards the Mazda6 though.

It would be in this specification:
2016 Mazda6 Touring - Auto - Meteor Gray w/ Tech & Moonroof Package.

I called a few dealerships and they said they only have it with moonroof and no tech. I am in the SF Bay Area.

How much do you guys think is a good price for this car in this specification?

Or just wait it out to see what the 2017 Mazda6 or 2017 Honda Accord EX are going to be like?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 06:39 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLTD1487 View Post
Hey guys, my 07 Accord is falling apart and I am in the market for a new or CPO 2016 Accord EX or 2016 Mazda6 Touring.

I called a few dealerships and they said they only have it with moonroof and no tech. I am in the SF Bay Area.

Or just wait it out to see what the 2017 Mazda6 or 2017 Honda Accord EX are going to be like?

I had to chose between these two cars as well when looking around. Honda has good reputation for reliable cars. But once I test drove the 2016 Mazda 6, Honda's drive terrain came no where close to Mazda's. I decided on the spot that I would go for a Mazda 6. Mazda 6 is a sporty sedan and accord is a family sedan. 6 feels more like a turbo v4 or v6 at times. Honda has a CVT and is really boring to drive. I have received a lot of compliments on the 6 and could have never been satisfied. The only thing I regret is not getting a GT 6.
Also, get the Mazda 6 with the tech package. I made a mistake getting it only with the Bose package.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 08:39 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLTD1487 View Post

I used to own a 2001 Accord V6 which was giving me trouble so I upgraded to the 15 Mazda 6 Touring. HUGE upgrade. I don't have the tech package but the technology is amazing (rear view camera, blind spot monitors, etc.). Now, I test drove the 4-cylinder EX Accord and the Mazda 3 before making my decision. Before going to the dealerships, my heart was set on Honda based on my previous experience (Accord ran for 15 years in the family). Honda makes reliable and dependable cars but the only reason for my disappointment with all their new models is the stupid CVT, I can't stress enough how much I hate CVTs. Ruins the whole driving experience for me. The 2016 Accords were facelifted this year and I really like the new look. The accord's engine "pep" was great but CVT killed the deal for me. Also, imo Mazda 6 looks way more refined, especially in the cabin. Mazda used plenty of soft-touch materials (dash, door panels, etc) and overall, it feels a lot like you're sitting in an Audi. I get so many compliments on it and people think its a Jaguar lol

In terms of features, I feel like you're going to get more for your money going with the Mazda 6 touring as opposed to the accord ex. The only things I don't like about our Mazda 6 is:

1) Audio/Bluetooth interface is too clunky but I think they improved it with the 2016.
2) Engine "pep". I feel like the car lacks a bit of "oomph" (for me) but Im just spoiled from the old V6 accord's engine. If you're coming from a 4-cylinder accord, you will be very pleased with the engine, transmission and sporty driving dynamics. With that being said, I drove other 4-cylinder cars (veloster, mazda3, civic, etc.) and the 6 felt like it had the best driving dynamics.
3) GT model is way too expensive at ~$30k. Thats the same territory as a V6 Accord which I would take over our car simply because its a V6.

Between the 2 cars you mentioned, the deciding factor for me would be price. According to 'truecar', pricing in SF Bay Area (94105 Area code) for a 2016 Mazda 6 in meteor gray with tech + moonroof package is around $28,000+. The EX-L V6 accord is ~$29,000 but depending on the features you want, you might have to get the touring. If I could afford a 2016 V6 accord, I'd get it over the 6. However, I would take any mazda 6 trim over a 4 cylinder CVT Accord. This is only my opinion. Best thing to do is go to the dealerships and see which one is more appealing to YOU. If you're Ok with CVT and like the accord better, then get it. They are both beautiful and dependable cars and you can't go wrong with either. I hope this helps and good luck I would recommend that you wait a few weeks/months before jumping on the new accords. You might get a better price because right now, I believe they are a bit new to the dealerships due to the new facelift (I may be wrong on this).
6andcounting and domohai like this.

Last edited by zWaj; 01-18-2016 at 08:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 12:18 PM
Learners License

I also am considering either the 2016 Accord or 2016 Mazda6, and after my recent test drive of the 2016 Accord I can definitely say I would never choose the 4cyl model with the CVT! Nissan is the only company that makes a decent CVT; my wife had a 2008 Altima and we currently have a 2015 Infiniti QX60, both which behaved like 'normal' automatics.

To me, the Accord 4cyl definitely feels stronger/livelier than the Mazda 4cyl, but the damm CVT kills the power delivery. Its worse than any turbo lag I've experienced when punching the accelerator. I'm waiting for a 6-speed manual Accord Sport to show up at any dealer within 75 miles so I can test drive, I think that would be the sweet spot for me.

As much as I love the Mazda6, it seems they neutered the 6MT version with gearing. Many magazine tests results revealed the 6MT was about 0.7s slower to 60 than the auto. The 6MT definitely felt slower when driving them back-to-back. I would definitely choose an auto Mazda6 over the CVT Accord.

Now, the V6 Accord Touring is a monster, even with a slightly aggressive right foot I was chirping the tires and felt the torque steer come through. Very solid feeling vehicle, and I put it up in the same class as near-luxury FWD cars (Acura ILX, ES350, Volvo S60, Lincoln MKZ, etc..). I just can't fathom the high lease payment on a $35k Accord. Plus my heart is stuck on getting into another manual.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

I appreciate the insightful responses so far.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Im looking at both the accord and the 6 as well and DO NOT like the CVT in the accord. The 6feels much sportier of a car and i have my mind set on the 6 touring. That being said, the cost of a 6 touring is 1500 or so more than the accord sport I am looking at according to the prices paid on both forums. Im looking to be out the door in the M6 for 24-24.5k where the accord sport is 22.5-23k out the door. Im not interested in either car's lower model. Ill be happy with either one but if I ended up with the accord I have a feeling id always wish I bought the M6.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 12 Times in 4 Posts
2016 Mazda6 Touring w/ Tech & Moonroof Package

I currently drive a 16 6 iGT and have owned numerous Mazdas before (as well as various Hondas, VWs, Toyotas and Nissans) I have to say Mazda is very underrated. And many people just go with other makes simply because they have higher exposure. Mazdas Skyactiv platform is quite good and I believe offers better engineering and design than many other manufacturers (Kia Hyundai probably a close second). Honda and Toyota have both grown complacent and continue to ride the wave of their reputations from the 80's and 90's. IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wahoofrank likes this.

2018 Machine Gray Mazda6 Signature
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page