Hoy much did you pay for your 2016 Mazda6? - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 260 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 09:08 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6-Manual View Post
Just saw the pic of your car - I am a believer! I am going to go back and bug the dealers again. I actually talked to 4 dealers (I drive the San Diego / Orange County stretch) and they all told me that. Maybe a west coast thing??? In any case I am going to bang on doors again.

Not trying to get on B4TM4N's case but I would think it's a 2015 face - 1) no silver on grille 2) headlight shape 3) the wings on the Mazda logo seem to connect connect to the first slat, not the second... ?? Perhaps I don't understand something...
Ah. It's a west coast thing. I read back through the 2016 thread at one point and saw a bunch of posts from California complaining about it.

I believe Mazda just changed the face on the GT model. Note how every promo picture shows the GT model (and usually a red GT at that).
The Following User Says Thank You to doctorz For This Useful Post:
Mazda6-Manual (05-01-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 260 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 09:59 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
e-plan is available to Mazda employees. I included that price as a guideline for what would be considered an amazing deal. I feel that anything under $29,000 for a GT is a great deal.
The Following User Says Thank You to MyThird6 For This Useful Post:
VWGTI123 (05-05-2015)
post #23 of 260 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 10:33 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
In philadelphia suburb, picked Soul red gt with tech + all weather mats + one year free maintenance for $30500 (after 500 loyalty, before ttl)

How did i fare?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 12:24 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi all,

I just bought a White GT (had the wheel locks and stainless steel rear bumper guard) yesterday. This is the best deal I could find (in Florida):

Selling price was $28,300 (after $500 rebate for using Mazda financing). Including the dealer fees it was $29,055. With 6% tax, new tags/registration, and $30 financing fee that brought it to $31,250. I opened a Chase checking account a week earlier and got the coupon code for $500 back as a Chase customer which then brought it down to $30,750. The minimum finance amount to get the $500 off was $8,000 and you have to make at least 3 payments without paying it off. So I financed the $8K and will pay it off on the 4th payment, yielding about $45 in interest payments. That brings my out the door price to about $30,800, which was good enough for me to pull the trigger yesterday. The dealer had to get the car from another dealer and did not charge me for that.

I'll get the windows tinted tomorrow and will then be ready to enjoy my first brand new car in 20 years. My son gets the 1997 Honda Civic I have been driving which is still in great condition appearance wise and mechanically.
post #25 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
I think you did great. I have the same car minus the stainless steel rear bumper guard. Have a question though, don't get the dealer fees? $755 for what. I paid $28,700 as the agreed selling price of the car. Was your agreed selling price $29,055? Either way, good luck hope your enjoying the smell of your new car!! Love that smell
post #26 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 09:19 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I spoke with a dealer in Florida when I was doing my search for a Touring with MT and discovered that Florida has incredibly high doc fees. You have to account for that when negotiating the sales price.
post #27 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 09:41 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Taking delivery of my 6 Wednesday.

2016 Mazda6 GT
Tech Package
Deep Crystal Blue
Black Interior
Mazda Mobile Start

List price was shown as $33,195
Offered Price is $31,522
They have a MFR Rebate on it for $302
Documentary Fee $166
Transfer License Fee $145
Taxes $1980.50
Mazda Mobile Start $550

Total $34,061.50

No trade, was not on the lot.
post #28 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 12:25 PM
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWGTI123 View Post
I think you did great. I have the same car minus the stainless steel rear bumper guard. Have a question though, don't get the dealer fees? $755 for what. I paid $28,700 as the agreed selling price of the car. Was your agreed selling price $29,055? Either way, good luck hope your enjoying the smell of your new car!! Love that smell
Thanks. I had to work at it to get that price and while it wasn't as good as a few have mentioned, it was the best I could do in Florida. Most of the dealers still have some 2015's left on their lots and don't seem too interested in dealing on the 2016's yet - but after seeing the new dash layout and the updated infotainment from the 3, I knew that was the only choice for me.

The way I look at it, the selling price was essentially $29,055. If you were able to get your GT for $28,700 with only tax, title, and tag costs added then in my opinion you did exceptionally well.

The dealers here all have these "dealer fees" they add on (it was even part of the pre-printed purchase form so that it was a "hard" number) which seems to be the additional profit the build into every sale. So I approached things a bit differently. I figured out the cost of the title, tags, and sales tax for a car purchased at factory invoice and then added about $300 to that for doc stamps, profit, etc. That got me to a max price I was willing to pay of $31K out the door. Then I emailed and talked with various dealers to try and get that OTD price. So I never really discussed the selling price of the car because the dealer fees and other junk fees are so variable.

In the end, I found one dealer 100 miles from me who could come within about $250 of that price if I used the Mazda financing to get the $500 incentive. Then I found out that I could open a Chase account and get another $500 back, so that got me to a couple hundred under my max OTD price. I lucked out with the bumper guard and wheel locks because they just happened to be on the car that the dealer was able to trade for, so they were a little bonus.
post #29 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 12:27 PM
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorz View Post
I spoke with a dealer in Florida when I was doing my search for a Touring with MT and discovered that Florida has incredibly high doc fees. You have to account for that when negotiating the sales price.
Yeah, and they also have built in "dealer fees" and other junk fees that vary by dealer, so that is why I was only concerned with the final OTD cost.
post #30 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 12:33 PM
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez View Post
Taking delivery of my 6 Wednesday.

2016 Mazda6 GT
Tech Package
Deep Crystal Blue
Black Interior
Mazda Mobile Start

List price was shown as $33,195
Offered Price is $31,522
They have a MFR Rebate on it for $302
Documentary Fee $166
Transfer License Fee $145
Taxes $1980.50
Mazda Mobile Start $550

Total $34,061.50

No trade, was not on the lot.

If you are willing to finance $8K or more through Mazda you can knock off $500 from that and you can pay it off in four months so there is very little interest charged. In addition you can open a Chase bank account and get a coupon code good for another $500 off which is also tied to the financing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page