Hoy much did you pay for your 2016 Mazda6? - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 260 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 04:47 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just took delivery of my first Mazda:

2016 Touring
Reflex Blue w/ Sand Leather
Bose/Moonroof Package
Tech Package

$26600

I'm pretty happy with it so far!
The Following User Says Thank You to kponds For This Useful Post:
mazantana (04-28-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 260 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kponds View Post
Just took delivery of my first Mazda:

2016 Touring
Reflex Blue w/ Sand Leather
Bose/Moonroof Package
Tech Package

$26600

I'm pretty happy with it so far!
Congratulations! Is that $ out the door? if so, what was the $ before TTL?
Thanks,
post #13 of 260 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThird6 View Post
2016 GT
Sticker: $31,015
Negotiated: $28,820

Here are the special pricing plans. I saw the prices directly on the dealer's screen.
S-Plan: 29,383
E-Plan: 28,220
That is exactly what my window sticker states. $31,015 plus $200 for Pearl White and $55 for wheel locks.

What is s-plan vs. e-plan? I am pretty happy with my $28,700 which is 8.2% off the MSRP but how could I have received the e-plan $28,220? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 260 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 09:32 PM
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazantana View Post
Congratulations! Is that $ out the door? if so, what was the $ before TTL?
Thanks,
No, that was the price before TTL, after TTL about mid-low 29 (9.25% here in TN).

I tried to dicker on the price of the options, ($3k for both packages) but wasn't able to make them budge on that.

I'd get Truecar and search multiple zip codes near you. I'm in Memphis and looked at Truecar in Nashville, Little Rock, Atlanta, Birmingham. The other thing that Truecar can help you with other than the Truecar estimate is that it can tell you the dealer cost of the car.

When I went to the dealer, I asked them to just give me their internet price, and I tried to negotiate a discount on the options, but I wasn't successful at all.

Mazda has relatively small holdback (1%) and there aren't any dealer incentives right now (unless I got sold a bill of goods), so there's not a whole lot of room to negotiate hard.

Invoice on a Touring without packages is $23.5k. I can't figure out what the dealer's markup is on the bose/moonroof ($1200) and tech ($1800) but I feel like I got a fair deal.

If you could get a 2016 Touring with both packages for $26.5 OTD (in a state with sales tax similar to mine), I'd bow before you.
mazantana likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to kponds For This Useful Post:
mazantana (08-07-2015)
post #15 of 260 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 10:47 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kponds View Post
No, that was the price before TTL, after TTL about mid-low 29 (9.25% here in TN).

I tried to dicker on the price of the options, ($3k for both packages) but wasn't able to make them budge on that.

I'd get Truecar and search multiple zip codes near you. I'm in Memphis and looked at Truecar in Nashville, Little Rock, Atlanta, Birmingham. The other thing that Truecar can help you with other than the Truecar estimate is that it can tell you the dealer cost of the car.

When I went to the dealer, I asked them to just give me their internet price, and I tried to negotiate a discount on the options, but I wasn't successful at all.

Mazda has relatively small holdback (1%) and there aren't any dealer incentives right now (unless I got sold a bill of goods), so there's not a whole lot of room to negotiate hard.

Invoice on a Touring without packages is $23.5k. I can't figure out what the dealer's markup is on the bose/moonroof ($1200) and tech ($1800) but I feel like I got a fair deal.

If you could get a 2016 Touring with both packages for $26.5 OTD (in a state with sales tax similar to mine), I'd bow before you.

Hey how do you check the invoice price? So is the invoice for a sport with AT $21.5k?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #16 of 260 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 10:53 PM
Learners License

If you look on truecar and scroll down, they have a table with the invoice price, fees, holdback, etc.

Or it's on edmunds an other sites as well.

IIRC 21.5k sounds right for invoice on a sport, but I haven't really looked at them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kponds For This Useful Post:
KingW (04-29-2015), VWGTI123 (04-28-2015)
post #17 of 260 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Firstly, appreciate everyone sharing their buying experiences. Awesome tool for buyers still in negotiations. IMO it would be most helpful if all would list the negotiated price of the car including options. I don't understand the importance of this OTD pricing as every purchase will be different ie.. too many variables. The only thing not a variable is the negotiated price of the car (sales slip). Again IMO this is the most important factor. Taxes, title etc.. will vary.

Secondly - Based on recent previous post - Invoice pricing is available from multiple on-line sites such as cars.com - edmunds.com - trucar.com etc... in addition there are sites which state what the manufacturer holdbacks are on top of the invoice price. All this information if used in the ideal conditions can save you thousands off the price of a new car. Every new car on a dealers lot cost them money - so when neg - if the car you want is on the lot and you can take immediate delivery, this will work to your advantage. The variables are the problem ie... trades, interest rates based upon your credit, supply vs demand etc... Again this is just IMO from my research and buying experiences. I have found the information on this site invaluable during my buying process and just wanted to share. I hope this helps. Good Luck to all.
The Following User Says Thank You to VWGTI123 For This Useful Post:
KingW (04-29-2015)
post #18 of 260 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 03:00 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
B4TM4N's car is a 2015

We are looking at purchasing a 2016 Manual Mazda 6 and I was very interested to read that prior post that B4TM4N had purchased an M6 2016! However a quick look at the headlights of his car (on his other post showing the mods) reveals it to be 2015. So with that in mind I think it's fair to mention that his purchase price may not apply to the 2016s, and that 2016 manual transmissions aren't being built yet as far as I know.

Believe me, we are waiting to even put a deposit on an order for the 2016 MT but at this point dealers are not able to even enter the build request for manual transmissions. I look forward to Mazda cranking out those manuals later this year!
post #19 of 260 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 07:51 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6-Manual View Post
We are looking at purchasing a 2016 Manual Mazda 6 and I was very interested to read that prior post that B4TM4N had purchased an M6 2016! However a quick look at the headlights of his car (on his other post showing the mods) reveals it to be 2015. So with that in mind I think it's fair to mention that his purchase price may not apply to the 2016s, and that 2016 manual transmissions aren't being built yet as far as I know.
B4TM4N's Mazda6 looks like a 2016 to me. The headlights are different on the GT model. If you look at the top of the dashboard of his car, it has the larger touch screen.

I just bought a 2016 Touring with MT as well...so I'm not sure why you were told they aren't being built. FWIW, I paid $23,360.
post #20 of 260 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 08:02 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just saw the pic of your car - I am a believer! I am going to go back and bug the dealers again. I actually talked to 4 dealers (I drive the San Diego / Orange County stretch) and they all told me that. Maybe a west coast thing??? In any case I am going to bang on doors again.

Not trying to get on B4TM4N's case but I would think it's a 2015 face - 1) no silver on grille 2) headlight shape 3) the wings on the Mazda logo seem to connect connect to the first slat, not the second... ?? Perhaps I don't understand something...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.jpg
Views:	1039
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	150258  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page