~2007 Sport Wagon Rebuild Thread~ - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 02:42 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
There are two styles I have come across, you would obviously know better @Byakuya
and

Quote:
@RobertD Has been PMing me about reviving the 6Club stickers as he owns a vinyl business. Perhaps he can chime in if he'd like to take on the task of making these vinyls.

If I ever get any free time I could always mock up some ideas for designs as well.

Way to go @RobertD good luck with your end of year projects!

Sorry @hurddawg , back to our previously scheduled post.
Kalalicious and RobertD like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

.MSP slotted brakes & rotors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 06:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
There are two styles I have come across, you would obviously know better @Byakuya
and

Maybe Im wrong but I dont think there are two styles still. Look at your premium badge under your avatar. That one is different from the one you posted. I think you posted the old ones
DrFeelGood likes this.

Mazda6 Sportbreak 2.0 TS+ Lease Pack - 2013
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 02:02 PM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 766 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2776 Post(s)
Thanked 4,014 Times in 2,820 Posts
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosko View Post
Maybe Im wrong but I dont think there are two styles still. Look at your premium badge under your avatar. That one is different from the one you posted. I think you posted the old ones
@DrFeelGood

Oh! I didn't know you meant THOSE badges - I thought you meant like decals for your car.

I was the one who created the badges for the forum and I still have the templates. I'd be happy to work on another one
DrFeelGood and Kalalicious like this.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
@DrFeelGood

Oh! I didn't know you meant THOSE badges - I thought you meant like decals for your car.

I was the one who created the badges for the forum and I still have the templates. I'd be happy to work on another one

Could always do both, if creating one here is an option (it would be kind of awesome) someone could possibly model a decal after it I know I would buy a decal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DrFeelGood likes this.

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
Still Want lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<-
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 06:19 AM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
I'm game for the badge for saving a 1st gen. Great idea @DrFeelGood .
DrFeelGood likes this.

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
, and
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post

No sweat! Actually feeling honored lol

Back on topic -

Spent most of the day on Saturday and 1/2 of Sunday on disassembling the old motor and then swapping the parts over to the Fusion motor. Spent some time cleaning up parts which took a bit more time than I thought it would. But I did manage to get the engine/trans set up so I can get it back in the car. I have some photos, I'll get them up tomorrow though.

The problems that i had were different than what I had thought. Ends up Cyl#1's piston was partially destroyed. I learned that when I dropped the oil pan and heard some rattling in there. Parts of the piston skirt had broken off and bounced around on rotating assembly and ended up in the pan. I thought it was funny that the part of the skirt that broke off had the Ford Insignia on it and basically had the insignia broken in half lol.

Both pre-cats actually looked fine...so I wonder if the material I found in the intake is not pre-cat material but piston bits? or if there was a pre-cat failure earlier in its life and repaired? Any case I pulled the spark plug and it wasn't exactly healthy looking, but wasn't horrible either. Didn't have much more time to look at it so I'll have to explore it at a later date, but either case engine swap was warranted.

Next week end, probably won't have time to get the engine in, but I'll change some other parts on the vehicle side and try to get that axle out of the knuckle.

Happy New Year!
Kalalicious likes this.

- 2007 Mazda6 Sport Wagon VE, A6, bought Nov 30th '18

- 2017 Chevrolet SS NGM 6mt & LS3
- 1957 Chevrolet Sports Sedan
- 1992,1994 Infiniti G20 2.0L, 5mt

Previous Mazdas: 89 & 2 x 92 626s

post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Some photos...I thought I took more, but this is all I really took.

Bits of piston skirt...

Old engine stripped down and started transfer of parts to new engine...

Fusion swap guide recommended a chrysler type puller, but I found that this worked well with the supplied screws. Its an OEM brand tool from autozone.

I found that a quick way to remove the engine harness clips was using an interior clip/door panel removal tool. I initially was trying to use a small screw driver, but the brittle plastic broke a lot, but the clip removal tool I had a 50/50 shot of saving the clip.

Got notice today that the MSDS headers should be showing up tomorrow, so that's exciting. Can't wait to get this installed and drive it around!

post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurddawg View Post
Some photos...I thought I took more, but this is all I really took.

Bits of piston skirt...

Old engine stripped down and started transfer of parts to new engine...

Fusion swap guide recommended a chrysler type puller, but I found that this worked well with the supplied screws. Its an OEM brand tool from autozone.

I found that a quick way to remove the engine harness clips was using an interior clip/door panel removal tool. I initially was trying to use a small screw driver, but the brittle plastic broke a lot, but the clip removal tool I had a 50/50 shot of saving the clip.

Got notice today that the MSDS headers should be showing up tomorrow, so that's exciting. Can't wait to get this installed and drive it around!

Those are HUGE chunks of metal! Btw Im seriously jealous of your garage.

Kalalicious likes this.

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
Still Want lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<-
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil6 View Post
Those are HUGE chunks of metal! Btw I’m seriously jealous of your garage.

Yeah I was really surprised myself. I'm guessing that was the core issue of my problem, but the sound it was making really seemed it was coming from cyl #3 . Cyl #1 misfire CEL and the chunks of piston from that cylinder is the hard proof though. I'm curious what actually caused it. Freak accident?

Thanks! Its really a great place to work, its not my garage though...its actually where I work. I'm just lucky enough to be able to use the place on holidays and weekends. Only pain is I can't store the car in there during work hours/days so its also the reason I partially reassembled the car...so I can roll it out in to the parking lot.

post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

I was able to do a bit of work on the car today, doing some odds and ends getting it ready to install in the car.

- I removed the steering rack and replaced the inner/outer tie rods and the boots
- Replaced the purge control valve
- Replaced the expansion valve and replaced most of the A/C o-rings (still need to change the drier)
- Installed the headers on to the engine

Didn't get around to trying to work on axle yet, but I did buy a 10 ton puller. Hopefully combined with a torch it has the umph to get that axle out!
bluedevil6 and oobeet like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page