~2007 Sport Wagon Rebuild Thread~ - Page 10 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
Bummer @hurddawg . That sucks especially after you've already had it out of the car.
hurddawg likes this.

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Man that sucks, @hurrdawg. You've really been killing it with turning this car around to be hit with a setback like this.
hurddawg likes this.

Fully loaded 2004 Mazda 6 GS Wagon

Added:
- GT Rear Spoiler
- 08 Front Seats
- And a bunch of other really cool stuff that will all be revealed in the spring.

@blackerphotos on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter
post #93 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Track Racer

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
@DrFeelGood, @bluedevil6, @waughoo, @blackerphotos

Thanks for the messages guys As @waughoo said, it is a pain to change the trans since I just had it out. But that is the car life and I bought a broken car so I can fix it =) I had been thinking about changing the trans out, but it was working so great and until the smell it really wasn't acting funny. Well, it was occasionally doing a weird holding 3rd or 4th a bit long but otherwise the failure was out of the blue. The undercarriage has a nice oiling for rust protection now lol

Anyway, I brokered a deal on a 40k mile '08 Milan trans for $350 shipped. As far as I can tell from looking at a lot of photos, it looks like the same trans. Some of the electronic connectors on it might be different, but if needed I should be able to swap them over from my trans. One thing that is a huge plus about these cars is the fact that there are no lack of used powertrains around It's coming from Illinois as locally there was one with supposedly 22k on it but looked like they pulled it out of a swamp....and a few others for $450 before tax with more than double the miles (100k+). I figure I can wait....I have other cars I can drive.

Different note, I forgot to mention that I did fix something else on Friday after work. I finally repaired the rear cargo cover. Thanks @DrFeelGood for the links you provided in my newbie thread! Works like its brand new
DrFeelGood likes this.

- 2007 Mazda 6s Sport Wagon Sport VE, A6, bought Nov 30th '18

- 2017 Chevrolet SS Nightfall Gray 6mt & LS3
- 1957 Chevrolet Sports Sedan
- 1992,1994 Infiniti G20 2.0L, 5mt
- 2000 Infiniti G20 2.0L, auto

Previous Mazdas: 89 & 2 x 92 626s (GD)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 10:00 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Garage
Hey @hurddawg
Talk about being 'on it', way to go.

Are you at all concerned about the transmission controller?
I am really curious about what caused the failure you experienced (not doubting your speculations here), if you do a postmortem that is.

+1 for cover fix.

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:

.MSP brakes &
slotted rotors (320mm)
post #95 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Track Racer

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
Hey @hurddawg

Are you at all concerned about the transmission controller?
I am really curious about what caused the failure you experienced (not doubting your speculations here), if you do a postmortem that is.
Its a possibility I've considered. Worse case scenario I swap the TCU's out....It's mounted on the gear selector shaft on the Aisin.

I'm curious too. Since the Aisin is supposed to be the more reliable of the 2 atx's.
I've never had a trans piss out so much fluid before...and without much commotion. There's fluid literally every which way its had to pin point. But on Saturday before I left work, I was underneath the car adjusting the header as it would vibrate up against the axle carrier under certain situations. At that time I noticed some slight leakage at the trans bellhousing. I looked inside the inspection flap and noticed fluid in there too. So that is why I'm guessing something is up around the input shaft/pump. I'll report it here as soon as I get it removed!

- 2007 Mazda 6s Sport Wagon Sport VE, A6, bought Nov 30th '18

- 2017 Chevrolet SS Nightfall Gray 6mt & LS3
- 1957 Chevrolet Sports Sedan
- 1992,1994 Infiniti G20 2.0L, 5mt
- 2000 Infiniti G20 2.0L, auto

Previous Mazdas: 89 & 2 x 92 626s (GD)

post #96 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 07:42 AM

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Garage
@hurddawg you probably will have to swap the tcms Iím not sure if it will make a difference but the fusions didnít have the ďmanualĒ option IIRC, that might make a difference in the TCM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hurddawg likes this.

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
To Come lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

post #97 of 97 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
I guess in the early 2000s car manufacturers wanted to be so close to each other but so far away from their sister companies. Late 80s to early 2000s in the DSM community it was nothing to grab all sorts of parts from different cars. I had a 97 Eclipse with the 420a engine. I could use a lot of parts from Chrysler, Dodge, and Mitsubishi. Sad that we can't just swap more things over from the fusions or any other Ford/Mazda for that matter. Hell even engine swaps today with newer engines one almost needs to wire the entire car with the donor electronics just to get things to act right.

I'm sure you'll get it sorted but still sucks regardless. If it's not 1 thing it's another lol.
hurddawg likes this.

Ray.

2003 Mazda 6s

Brakemotive Drilled and slotted rotors, Modified eBay CAI, EGR reroute and optimized, TB coolant delete, AWR Racing Lower dog bone, AWR Right engine mount, BIG 5 upgrade, Battery Relocated, Custom Busbars, Optima Red top, 2 12" Planet Audio BBD12, Rockville Audio 1400w 4chan amp, Rockville Audio 8000w sub amp, RX 8 seats and lots more to come!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page