Chris' 2007 Mazda 6s Hatch - Page 9 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Chris' 2007 Mazda 6s Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertD View Post
what kind of camera? i have a canon rebel t3

just FYI the front rims should always face the camera, not the tread. see attached (black car)

i got pretty good with taking multiple exposures and HDR in them together. real hdr, stacking the images. something to learn if you're looking for stuff to try. the PT in the other picture was not washed in 2 years. it wasn't even 1/4 that shiny in real life. i got good at photographing less than perfect rides (:

I just got the rebel t6 with the 18-55mm and 75-300mm lenses (package deal). Thanks for the tips, this is the first car Iíve had that i care enough about to really try to photograph so between that and the new camera thereís a slight learning curve lol. I thought about the wheels after reviewing the photos but I had lost the light at that point and it was getting colder (I HATE the cold and I was already freezing lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
Still Want lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<- ->
<-

Last edited by bluedevil6; 12-30-2018 at 10:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Replaced my dipstick tube because my bracket broke with my ďnewĒ 2004 dipstick tube lol

I also found a lot of cancer in the subframe

Now Iím trying to decide if I should replace the subframe with a good scrap yard one, remove it and try to repair it, or say f*** it and start car shopping, opinions?

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<-
post #83 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 09:40 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Dang that rust is serious. I would try to find a better condition used one rather than repair the existing one. But I'm not a super welder/fabricator either. Maybe you could find a good west coast one on ebay? It is a bit of work replacing the subframe, but if you are handy and I think you are, its not too bad of a job.

I really love that blue color. What is the name of the color? I would've loved my wagon in that color.

- 2007 Mazda6 Sport Wagon VE, A6, bought Nov 30th '18

- 2017 Chevrolet SS NGM 6mt & LS3
- 1957 Chevrolet Sports Sedan
- 1992,1994 Infiniti G20 2.0L, 5mt

Previous Mazdas: 89 & 2 x 92 626s

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Chris' 2007 Mazda 6s Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurddawg View Post
Dang that rust is serious. I would try to find a better condition used one rather than repair the existing one. But I'm not a super welder/fabricator either. Maybe you could find a good west coast one on ebay? It is a bit of work replacing the subframe, but if you are handy and I think you are, its not too bad of a job.

I really love that blue color. What is the name of the color? I would've loved my wagon in that color.

I love the color too, it was a major selling point when I bought it lol itís called Bright Island Blue Metallic (32N). I do think replacing the subframe is going to be the best option I think Iíll check local scrap yards first I know I can get one from Pull-A-Part for just under $70 I didnít think to look on eBay...good idea! It does look like a fairly straight forward job just tedious.

hurddawg likes this.

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<-
post #85 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Replaced the PCV Vale today because when I changed the valve cover gaskets I noticed an excessive amount of oil in the PCV hose

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<-
post #86 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
A couple things... did you get the new upgraded dealer hose for the pcv valve? The new one has a reinforced section that keeps it from collapsing under heavy vacuum. To my knowledge, it is not available any place other than the dealer, but the price isn't bad.

As for your subframe, I doubt repairing it will be cost effective. A junk yard replacement is likely your best bet. I've always fantasized about replacing my 04 sub frame with an 06+ version so that I can re route the exhaust. From what I understand, they resolved some of the cat failure issues by then and made the exhaust flow a bit better. To do this however would be a LOT of fussing as some of the sensor wires are in different spots, the pre cats are different, the oil pan is different etc etc... I guy can still dream right?

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
, and
post #87 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by waughoo View Post
A couple things... did you get the new upgraded dealer hose for the pcv valve? The new one has a reinforced section that keeps it from collapsing under heavy vacuum. To my knowledge, it is not available any place other than the dealer, but the price isn't bad.

As for your subframe, I doubt repairing it will be cost effective. A junk yard replacement is likely your best bet. I've always fantasized about replacing my 04 sub frame with an 06+ version so that I can re route the exhaust. From what I understand, they resolved some of the cat failure issues by then and made the exhaust flow a bit better. To do this however would be a LOT of fussing as some of the sensor wires are in different spots, the pre cats are different, the oil pan is different etc etc... I guy can still dream right?

Agreed on the frame it will have to come out either way so I think a scrapyard replacement will be best, hopefully I can find one in good shape and find a way to at least somewhat rust proof it. The PCV hose was already the reinforced one not sure if it was replaced before or if they just used it from the factory on the 1.5s, I checked it a long time ago when I saw it on your build thread. I completely understand your want to swap to the later exhaust design, Iíve looked at the routing on the older ones and I have no idea how anything moves through that I swear whoever designed it must have been going for the world record for the most bends in one exhaust system lol

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<-
post #88 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Update

I was looking back at some of the things I've done and decided to write an update on the car because a lot has been done since I created this thread and recently an entirely new set of issues has surfaced.

Mileage when I got the car on 11/2/17 149,001
Current Mileage 1/11/19 162,059
Total accumulated so far 13,058

All of the leaks as of now have finally been remedied and maintenance is all currently up to date. Now the car needs the subframe patched, the left rear wheel bearing is wining, the A/C compressor is slowly dying and everywhere I look I see rust, rust and more rust.

Mods that have been done:

EGR tube has been deleted
Pre CATS have been gutted
Third CAT has been removed
Magnaflow muffler has been installed in place of third CAT along with a new "Y" pipe and flex pipe https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=10415
Completely eliminated throttle body coolant lines
Installed a CAI
Painted engine cover
Swapped the factory head-unit with the Pioneer 312-BT Digital Media Receiver
Swapped the rear two of my four Boss 6.5" three way speakers with Pioneer 6x8 two way speakers, still not sure if I like the Pioneers better or not
Installed a factory Bose subwoofer
Installed sound deadener in the trunk/hatch (Kilmat from Amazon)

Replaced my oil pressure gauge with a digital one after my mechanical one stopped working
Swapped the original instrument cluster with the electroluminescent one
Installed OEM fog lights
Swapped every single bulb on the car for LED's
All of the windows have been tinted
Evil "M" emblems
Compustar remote starter
Pretty sure that just about sums it up.

Huge thanks to all those that follow my thread!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Muffler.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	389.4 KB
ID:	226012   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAI 1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	570.9 KB
ID:	226014   Click image for larger version

Name:	Radio1.jpg
Size:	373.1 KB
ID:	226016   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bose Sub.JPG
Size:	741.0 KB
ID:	226018  

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page