Chris' 2007 Mazda 6s Hatch - Page 8 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackerphotos View Post
Well, it seemed like a reasonable request as he's scrapping the car this week anyway, but he wouldn't let the console & boot go, worrying that the scrapper would try to gouge him on the missing parts. Not really convinced, as he's going to get less than $500 for the whole car anyway but...whatever. While he wouldn't go on the shifter stuff, I was able to convince him to let me take his antenna base and leave a hole in his roof. Go figure. (someone snapped my antenna off last week and left a rusty stub that I have been unable to get out & even eBay wants more than $50 for a base)

I see in your signature that you have lowering springs on your "Want' list. Take a look at Eibach (my wagon springs are being delivered tomorrow); they have a number of sets on deep discount (less than 1/2 price) and may be the answer for you. $122 for a set of quality, vehicle-specific springs is pretty tough to beat.

Mazda 6 Wagon Springs, likely a better choice for your hatch than sedan springs with a 1.6" drop all around

or if you want the sedan set (1.5" front, 1.4" rear)

Mazda 6 Sedan Springs

Thanks, I’ve never looked at the eibach springs, but that is a really good price. When you get yours installed make sure to post some pics I’m curious to see how that drop looks it sounds perfect for what I want I just want to close the gap between the tire and wheel arch more I don’t like the huge gap not to mention that it’s uneven from the front to the rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
Still Want lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<- ->
<-

Last edited by bluedevil6; 12-16-2018 at 07:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well I now have everything I need, I plan to start the valve cover gasket replacement December 26th Iím thinking of painting the valve covers while theyíre off but idk yet

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<-
post #73 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
The rear cover is tricky to get off. I had to remove the vvt actuator and that finally allowed me to get it out of there. The fear of dropping the fastener into the engine was real!!

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
, and
The Following User Says Thank You to waughoo For This Useful Post:
bluedevil6 (12-22-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 05:06 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by waughoo View Post
The rear cover is tricky to get off. I had to remove the vvt actuator and that finally allowed me to get it out of there. The fear of dropping the fastener into the engine was real!!

I have never done it before but if vertical clearance is the issue you could detach the left hand motor mount and lower it down a smidgen.
Good luck @bluedevil6

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:

.MSP slotted brakes & rotors
The Following User Says Thank You to DrFeelGood For This Useful Post:
bluedevil6 (12-22-2018)
post #75 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Did both valve cover gaskets today, everything looked fairly clean on the inside which was very reassuring for 161,500 miles
Bank 2
[IMG][/IMG]
Bank 1

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<-

Last edited by bluedevil6; 12-26-2018 at 07:44 PM.
post #76 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I had to share this shirt with you guys, it was a Christmas gift apparently they found it on eBay I canít believe someone actually makes a shirt with a first gen on it lol

DrFeelGood, RobertD and Tosko like this.

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<-
post #77 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 01:05 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil6 View Post
I had to share this shirt with you guys, it was a Christmas gift apparently they found it on eBay I can’t believe someone actually makes a shirt with a first gen on it lol
That's freaking awesome lol

Manual transmissions, wagons, and heavy metal are awesome. Zoom-Zoom \m/

2004 Mazda 6s Wagon - 3.0L V6 | 5MT | Steel Gray Metallic |

Mods: NGK Iridium IX plugs | Matte black painted OEM wheels | Painted calipers (red) | Light black "smoked" headlights | R1 Concepts eLine rear rotors and pads | Rear V6 emblem added
Other Mazdas owned: 2015 Mazda 5 Sport ATX (current), 2010 Mazda 6 ATX (traded), 1997 Protege MTX (sold)
post #78 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 05:46 AM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
That's a great shirt!!

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
, and
post #79 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quick wash then I decided to play with my new camera some
--->LINK TO FLICKR ALBUM<---

These photos show some of this cars worst areas so please don't judge
RobertD likes this.

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<-

Last edited by bluedevil6; 12-30-2018 at 06:53 PM.
post #80 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
what kind of camera? i have a canon rebel t3

just FYI the front rims should always face the camera, not the tread. see attached (black car)

i got pretty good with taking multiple exposures and HDR in them together. real hdr, stacking the images. something to learn if you're looking for stuff to try. the PT in the other picture was not washed in 2 years. it wasn't even 1/4 that shiny in real life. i got good at photographing less than perfect rides (:

playing with the F-Stop setting is fun as well. you can add starbursts to lights or chrome (last pic)

i ruined my camera last week trying to clean somewhere off-limits
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	225804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	225806   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	225810  

Last edited by RobertD; 12-30-2018 at 09:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page