Chris' 2007 Mazda 6s Hatch - Page 7 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 179 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil6 View Post
Did you use any kind of clear coat?
EDIT- never mind I went back and found your post in the “what did you do to your 6 today” thread
No problem, yes; multiple coats of semi-gloss black followed by multiple coats of semi-gloss clear. Here's a better picture of the completed paint job before I installed the radio & shifter bezels back into the car
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	painted console.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	225512  

Fully loaded 2004 Mazda 6 GS Wagon

Added:
- GT Rear Spoiler
- 08 Front Seats
- Lotek gauge pod & GlowShift gauges
- Magnaflow catback exhaust (resonator delete)

- And a bunch of other really cool stuff that will all be revealed in the spring.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

@blackerphotos on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter

Last edited by blackerphotos; 12-15-2018 at 10:32 PM. Reason: spelling corrections
The Following User Says Thank You to blackerphotos For This Useful Post:
bluedevil6 (12-02-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 179 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Garage
Finally found a way to fix the issue of my high beam indicator coming on with my fog lights, ended up completely tearing apart the fuse box and doing some wiring of my own. And painted the center console/radio bezel,
3 coats krylon bonding primer

4 coats of krylon fusion satin black

Lost count of how many coats of krylon satin clear but the finished product looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RobertD likes this.

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Modssway bars, lowering springs, tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler

Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

post #63 of 179 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Installed these just now: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F332869279130

Just for reference here are the old ones

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Modssway bars, lowering springs, tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler

Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 179 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well I was under the car today because when I changed the oil I thought I saw some residue on the frame and well... it looks like my valve cover is leaking as well as the dipstick tube (which has broken free from its bracket as of last Friday) just when I thought I had taken care of all the leaks

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

post #65 of 179 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 10:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
...painted the center console/radio bezel...

MUCH better!

I'm meeting a guy tomorrow morning who's parting out his car & we're doing a front seat swap as my driver's seat has a bunch of issues. His car is a manual trans & I'm totally going to steal your 'millennial theft deterrent' shifter boot idea. That's genius.

Did it bother you that your lower console and original radio faceplate had those strips down the sides but your new faceplate doesn't? It's a little difficult to see in your last picture how noticeable it is that the lines don't go all the way up (I have a 2004 so don't have those strips, but the car tomorrow is a 2008 and does, so I'll end up with the same configuration you have now, unless I can get just the boot to fit on its own).

Added:
- GT Rear Spoiler
- 08 Front Seats

- And a bunch of other really cool stuff that will all be revealed in the spring.

post #66 of 179 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackerphotos View Post
MUCH better!

I'm meeting a guy tomorrow morning who's parting out his car & we're doing a front seat swap as my driver's seat has a bunch of issues. His car is a manual trans & I'm totally going to steal your 'millennial theft deterrent' shifter boot idea. That's genius.

Did it bother you that your lower console and original radio faceplate had those strips down the sides but your new faceplate doesn't? It's a little difficult to see in your last picture how noticeable it is that the lines don't go all the way up (I have a 2004 so don't have those strips, but the car tomorrow is a 2008 and does, so I'll end up with the same configuration you have now, unless I can get just the boot to fit on its own).

Not only is it a “theft deterrent” I think it looks cleaner than the auto bezel. The lines don’t bother me too much, especially now that they’re black not silver. You might not have to swap your whole bezel though, I’m not sure about the 04 style but on mine I had the holes already in the bottom of it for the shift boot retainer so all I had to do was remove the auto insert and screw in the manual boot retainer
I also used a nut on the the shaft of the shifter for a better fit with the boot I don’t have a pic but the but it went under the boot so the shift knob could tighten down on top of it holding the boot in place
What does bother me however is this, when my analog oil pressure gauge quit working and I bought this one I did not consider the color until the first time I drove it at night lol

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

post #67 of 179 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Chris' 2007 Mazda 6s Hatch

Took a short crappy vid because I was bored thought I’d share it anyway because it does sound damn good link below:
https://youtu.be/hgn5TilRwTA

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

Last edited by bluedevil6; 12-15-2018 at 11:56 PM.
post #68 of 179 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 12:22 AM

Garage
Quote:
You might not have to swap your whole bezel though
I'll have to take a look at it more closely and compare them tomorrow, but I think the shift gate piece is a different shape 2004 vs 2007/8 - mine has squared off bottom corners where yours is rounded and I don't think goes all the way to the edge of the console section like mine.

Adding a bolt under the boot is a good idea too; it will go a long way in getting the shift knob higher too as mine screws down quite low.

You must have been thrilled the first time you lit up that gauge at night!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9260.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	225694  

Added:
- GT Rear Spoiler
- 08 Front Seats

post #69 of 179 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackerphotos View Post
I'll have to take a look at it more closely and compare them tomorrow, but I think the shift gate piece is a different shape 2004 vs 2007/8 - mine has squared off bottom corners where yours is rounded and I don't think goes all the way to the edge of the console section like mine.

Adding a bolt under the boot is a good idea too; it will go a long way in getting the shift knob higher too as mine screws down quite low.

You must have been thrilled the first time you lit up that gauge at night!

Ah I do see the difference at the bottom, also I believe the thread size for the shifter is an m8 IIRC.
Yes the first time I turned the headlights on I couldn’t believe I had made such a stupid mistake needless to say I had a few choice words at the time.

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

post #70 of 179 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 05:39 PM

Garage
Well, it seemed like a reasonable request as he's scrapping the car this week anyway, but he wouldn't let the console & boot go, worrying that the scrapper would try to gouge him on the missing parts. Not really convinced, as he's going to get less than $500 for the whole car anyway but...whatever. While he wouldn't go on the shifter stuff, I was able to convince him to let me take his antenna base and leave a hole in his roof. Go figure. (someone snapped my antenna off last week and left a rusty stub that I have been unable to get out & even eBay wants more than $50 for a base)

I see in your signature that you have lowering springs on your "Want' list. Take a look at Eibach (my wagon springs are being delivered tomorrow); they have a number of sets on deep discount (less than 1/2 price) and may be the answer for you. $122 for a set of quality, vehicle-specific springs is pretty tough to beat.

Mazda 6 Wagon Springs, likely a better choice for your hatch than sedan springs with a 1.6" drop all around

or if you want the sedan set (1.5" front, 1.4" rear)

Mazda 6 Sedan Springs

Added:
- GT Rear Spoiler
- 08 Front Seats

The Following User Says Thank You to blackerphotos For This Useful Post:
bluedevil6 (12-16-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page