idrives Build Thread - Page 8 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn17Sport6MT View Post
LOL - you might consider whether a radical improvement in lateral acc. or braking could result in a loss of oil pressure due to the oil pump sucking crankcase vapor not liquid oil. Those tires look pretty meaty...
When they took the tires off the truck my first thought was they'd shipped the wrong ones. They did indeed look huge. I seriously considered sending them back for the 245's as I was fairly convinced they were going to be too wide to fit. After going over and looking at my DD rear tires that are 305's I figured they weren't that wide after all.

Maybe my modding isn't over.... wonder if they sell a real time oil pressure gauge I could hook up? Perfect spot to mount it right below the dash on the right side of the steering wheel.

2018 Signature - White Pearl - Chestnut
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 12:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Probably an oil pressure gauge would be worthwhile if you want to plumb the limits of the car's cornering capability with the mods you've made. I don't know much re the installation details though. An audible warning would be an asset in that regard, too. The Mazda3 Revolution website may be worth checking out to see what their experiences have been.

Accusump is probably an extreme action to take http://www.accusump.com but there likely is a space concern re where to locate that device.

Finally, the degree of aggression in cornering is of course somewhat driver-controlled ☺️.

Cdn17Sport6MT
Vancouver, BC Canada

Last edited by Cdn17Sport6MT; 07-01-2018 at 03:01 PM.
post #73 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thought I was going to be done for a while but research for Stage V has started.

Going to do some Sound Deadening. So the research has started. Coming up with the right products and installing them properly in the places that are going to do the most good. Having already read a few threads here there are different products and different installations being done.

I'd think I'll have it figured out in the next week or two.

Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 01:17 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Interesting, curious as to why you're working on sound deadening. Did noise levels increase with the new tires and the lowering? Stock, I feel like our cars are too quiet at times so I'm interested to see which noises you're trying to attenuate.
post #75 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougspeed View Post
Interesting, curious as to why you're working on sound deadening. Did noise levels increase with the new tires and the lowering? Stock, I feel like our cars are too quiet at times so I'm interested to see which noises you're trying to attenuate.
I've considered it from the beginning. For me the road noise in general is more than I would prefer. Right now it's quite warm and the A/C is blowing at or near top speed which seems to make it even noisier which I realize I can't help. Lowering the road noise would make it more tolerable however.

Lowering the car didn't make any noticeable difference that I could tell. The tires seem to be more road sensitive. On a smooth road they seem quieter, on a rough road (coarse?) they seem a bit noisier. On average they are pretty much the same.

I just like a quiet cabin. If I can accomplish this with the proper sound deadening then I will be happier with the car. I'm usually alone when I drive my DD but when the wife and I go somewhere together we take the 6. A quieter cabin will just make it easier to carry on a conversation with her.

Build Thread:
post #76 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 09:58 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
idrive, thanks a ton here for the details and pictures! I used the same suspension parts and wheel and tire sizes for mods on my black signature and it worked out great. I'll post some pics when my post numbers are high enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to NY2018 For This Useful Post:
idrive (09-19-2018)
post #77 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2018 View Post
idrive, thanks a ton here for the details and pictures! I used the same suspension parts and wheel and tire sizes for mods on my black signature and it worked out great. I'll post some pics when my post numbers are high enough.
Excellent.

Looking forward to the pics.

Build Thread:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page