idrives Build Thread - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 10:18 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Very cool, I will eventually change out the wheels in the future with similar specs to what you're planning except maybe running a 245/40/19 to stay closer to the overall diameter of the factory wheel/tire combo. But for now, I'm gonna put some mileage on the stock tires. I'm looking forward to see which style of wheels you end up going with once you decide on the fitment. I'm also curious to see how the car handles with the larger sway in back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougspeed View Post
Very cool, I will eventually change out the wheels in the future with similar specs to what you're planning except maybe running a 245/40/19 to stay closer to the overall diameter of the factory wheel/tire combo. But for now, I'm gonna put some mileage on the stock tires. I'm looking forward to see which style of wheels you end up going with once you decide on the fitment. I'm also curious to see how the car handles with the larger sway in back.

Thanks and you're right about tire size that kind of slipped my mind. Going wider usually goes a little taller. Something I'll be needing to pay close attention to. May end up with a 40 rather than a 45 to make this fit. I can already tell it's going to be close. I'm thinking I may have to consider a -40 offset rather than -35.

2018 Signature - White Pearl - Chestnut
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Installed the Tanabe Tower Strut Brace today. I've installed a couple before but did something a little different this time. Found it from reading all of the literature while researching. It was part of the information on their website but interestingly not mentioned in the instructions that were supplied.

Installed the two brackets on the strut tower and then before attaching the brace we lifted the front end off the ground taking the weight off of the tires, attached, adjusted the strut bar, torqued everything down and then lowered the car back down. I hadn't ever heard of or lifted the front wheels off the ground before installing the brace/bar. It's also the first brace I've installed that is adjustable. Certainly made for an excellent fit.

Even on the short drive home the difference with lowering springs on the front and the tower brace installed was noticeable. Now I just need for the rear sway bar to hurry and get here to get it installed and replace the rear springs.
93blkongreenpro likes this.

Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by idrive; 06-06-2018 at 05:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Groans: 3
That's a pretty strut bar, it looks very similar to the Mazda Soul Red Crystal paint.
idrive likes this.
post #25 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 09:45 PM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Garage
@idrive did you have any problems with the horizontal attachment bolts on the strut bar. I didn't follow the instructions with regard to tightening procedure? I tightened mine incorrectly and really bent them. Blew my mind the amount of bend I put in that M10 bolt. I had to cut it to get it out.

Your build is awesome by the way!
idrive likes this.

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:

Last edited by Byakuya; 06-04-2018 at 07:25 AM.
post #26 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
↑↑ boggles the mind really... ↑↑

Anyhow...my parenting class says that when my 2-year-old displays behavior I do not approve of I should ignore it and re-direct.

Que redirect.

@idrive did you have any problems with the horizontal attachment bolts on the strut bar. I didn't follow the instructions with regard to tightening procedure? I tightened mine incorrectly and really bent them. Blew my mind the amount of bend I put in that M10 bolt. I had to cut it to get it out.

Your build is awesome by the way!
With the tower bar being adjustable the brackets were attached without the bar being attached so there wasn't any pressure on them. Then raised the wheels off the ground and attached the bar, adjusted it so it was nice and snug and then dropped the wheels back on the ground. No bending, everything nice and snug. Is that what you're asking me.
DrFeelGood likes this.

Build Thread:
post #27 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 07:30 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 753 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2731 Post(s)
Thanked 3,990 Times in 2,803 Posts
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Great thread so far. Keep up the good work.

Cleaned up the trash as well. @Mazda6Suspension ever heard the phrase "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything"? Either way: now you have. If you want to make unexperienced comments about things you've only read from other forums, please keep them in your own threads.
DrFeelGood and idrive like this.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #28 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 462 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 40 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
Great thread so far. Keep up the good work.

Cleaned up the trash as well. @Mazda6Suspension ever heard the phrase "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything"? Either way: now you have. If you want to make unexperienced comments about things you've only read from other forums, please keep them in your own threads.
I agree
DrFeelGood likes this.

Last edited by Mazda6Suspension; 06-04-2018 at 05:26 PM. Reason: I can be a good guy too
post #29 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 10:25 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive View Post
Tanabe Coils and Strut tower bar are on the way. Expect to have them installed within about 10 days. They don't make a anti sway bar for the rear so looking for another option.
Curious where you purchased the Tanabes from? I'm assuming these are the NF210s?

2018 Grand Touring - Machine Grey Metallic
post #30 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleevit View Post
Curious where you purchased the Tanabes from? I'm assuming these are the NF210s?
Yes, NF210's - purchased those from the "for sale" here on the forum under the suspension section. You'll notice he just closed his "for sale" ad a week ago. Good Guy BTW

The tower brace was purchased from:
www.sparktecmotorsports.com/tanabe-chassis.html - they shipped the next day after ordering.

I purchased the rear anti sway bar from:
ultraracing-usa.com/mazda-6-jg-2012-2016-rear-anti-roll-sway-19mm/

They sent me a message the day after ordering which I didn't see for a couple of days. Said the bar was in production. I have written back asking for an ETA and have not heard back. I really wish Tanabe made one. I would have ordered theirs.

Edit:

Guess I need to check the front porch more often. Just looked out and the OEM accessories box was sitting there. Going to be a hot one here tomorrow so will be getting up early to do the installs.

Splash Guards front and rear, footrest, brake and accel. covers.

93blkongreenpro likes this.

Build Thread:

Last edited by idrive; 06-06-2018 at 05:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page