93BlkOnGreenPro's 2014 M6GT Build Thread: Maxie G - Page 17 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #161 of 167 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
40,000 miles?!? The recommended interval in our local place is 20,000 km.

When I had my 40k PMS, I opted not to replace it. I just took the new one and stored it as I think it is still clean.

For the air filter, I got a new one.

By the way, we have this so called Yojin's Warranty. All PMS are free for 3 years or 60,000 km whichever comes first.
The max interval is 24 months or 30k miles, but I replace it whenever I think about it. They actually recommend you change it every oil change, which I do 7500 miles I'm about 45 days.

The car currently has 103,500 or so miles, so by the end of the month, itll be time for my 105,000 mile oil change.

For the airfilter, I have. AEM dry filter that is washable, so I do that and my 07 Yukon's K&N filter at the same interval. ,

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

*2014 M6GT, Maxie G, stock as she can be.
*2009 Mazda 3 Sport - Sold
*1993 Mazda Protégé, Sell Pending*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 167 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
It's all down hill from here.

Going to start off with a cheap homebrewed manual setup, but with good dual 444c compressors and a 5 gallon, 8 port tank so that will be future proof. Gonna run 2 switches, 1 front and 1 rear with a electric dual needle guage. When money permits, the management will change to either airlift auto pilot v2 or airlift 3s.

Now to gradually start ordering stuff.

I do want to build a box for the compressor and wires to reduce the noise level since this is my DD and the wife, 4yr old and 4month old ride in this car.

And im sure my 10 will be replaced with 1 or 2 8's of I dont have room for it after the install. It wouldnt be the end of the world to lose the woofer, but it makes my 150 mile daily commute easier.

DJ Raydiate likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #163 of 167 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 07:44 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Do you use the adaptive cruise control during your 150 mile commute? Does it work well? (Sorry if you reviewed this elsewhere, I might have missed it)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #164 of 167 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by meishungry View Post
Do you use the adaptive cruise control during your 150 mile commute? Does it work well? (Sorry if you reviewed this elsewhere, I might have missed it)
Yes. Everyday. All the time. Anytime I can.

post #165 of 167 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93blkongreenpro View Post
It's all down hill from here.

Going to start off with a cheap homebrewed manual setup, but with good dual 444c compressors and a 5 gallon, 8 port tank so that will be future proof. Gonna run 2 switches, 1 front and 1 rear with a electric dual needle guage. When money permits, the management will change to either airlift auto pilot v2 or airlift 3s.

Now to gradually start ordering stuff.

I do want to build a box for the compressor and wires to reduce the noise level since this is my DD and the wife, 4yr old and 4month old ride in this car.

And im sure my 10 will be replaced with 1 or 2 8's of I dont have room for it after the install. It wouldnt be the end of the world to lose the woofer, but it makes my 150 mile daily commute easier.
Hey!! Love the build!!

I plan on having a small tank and compressor in my 1st gen at some point (coilover air cups) and had thought something great. I'm not sure how much room is under the plastic in the trunk of your car but there is a ton in the 1st gen. My plan is to have the compressor on 1 side and the tank on the other. Both sides could be made into a "box" kind of like a dog box found in old style vans. This way I could still have my 2 12s as well as the air assisted lift for speed bumps and or driveways.

Worth a shot to take a look behind the trunk liners to see what's back there. If anything, one could always build a stealth box to still keep the bump lol. Keep up the great work!

Ray.
2003 6s
Brakemotive Drilled and slotted rotors, Modified eBay CAI, EGR reroute and optimized, TB coolant delete, Brake light mod, AWR Racing Lower dog bone, AWR Right engine mount, BIG 5 upgrade, Battery Relocated, Custom Busbars, Optima Red top, 2 12" Planet Audio BBD12, Rockville Audio 1400w 4chan amp, Rockville Audio 8000w sub amp, RX 8 seats, Custom LED side markers, Lower rear bumper lights, Transmission cooler, Derale Performance transmission filter kit, and lots more to come!!!
post #166 of 167 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Sorry for the ignorant question, what will you do with the compressor? If it's not too much to ask, I hope you can explain it on full details.
93blkongreenpro likes this.
post #167 of 167 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Raydiate View Post
Hey!! Love the build!!

I plan on having a small tank and compressor in my 1st gen at some point (coilover air cups) and had thought something great. I'm not sure how much room is under the plastic in the trunk of your car but there is a ton in the 1st gen. My plan is to have the compressor on 1 side and the tank on the other. Both sides could be made into a "box" kind of like a dog box found in old style vans. This way I could still have my 2 12s as well as the air assisted lift for speed bumps and or driveways.

Worth a shot to take a look behind the trunk liners to see what's back there. If anything, one could always build a stealth box to still keep the bump lol. Keep up the great work!
After watching some YouTube and thinking about the 3rd gen truck, I have a few options for the compressors. They may fit in the 1/2 pair tire space, or I could put them in the corners where the storage trays are. If I tuck the tank up tight against the seat, I still should have room for the woofer without much sacrifice to trunk space.

I'll get it configured once I get the compressors and tank. I might run a 4 gal depending if there is a significant size difference between the two.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in