Wagon love! Post up your photos... - Page 24 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List
waughoo

105Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #231 of 256 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waughoo View Post
@posttosh where abouts are you?

Edit: Oh wait... I think I got it. Original spelling for Seattle. Thus you are north of SEA then?

Edmonds is north of Seattle; we are at the south end of the long stretch of I-5, in Portland, Orygun, about 2/3 of the way up the tallest hill in the city, a hill that is topped by Council Crest Park, 45.498848, -122.707969 in your Google Maps search bar. By foot, we are almost exactly a mile NNE of the plaque in the center of the circle.

The local Mazda dealers are all part of conglomerate multiple brand dealerships. For instance — I have to commend his honesty — the service manager at one of the dealers, when I asked him what oil he put into the Mazdas that come in for routine maintenance, said, “Whatever it is in the 50 gallon drums in our GMC truck shop over there; that is where we get the oil we use in this shop. Consequently, our Mazda6S wagon has had regular service for almost 13 years now at the independent Tom Dwyer Automotive, at 45.4634987,-122.6613772; Tom is kind enough to allow me to bring my own maintenance parts (Nokian ZLine tires, East Penn AGM batteries, Hawk Street Performance brake pads, Royal Purple oil filters, Bosch Iridium spark plugs, Pentosin brake fluid, Red Line D4 ATF, Pennzoil
0W-20 Platinum High Mileage gas-to-liquid motor oil, etc.) which he installs for me for only the cost of labor; works for me.

Last edited by posttosh; 02-03-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #232 of 256 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
@posttosh that's what I initially thought. @DrFeelGood is down your way and the other two of us are up in the seattle general area. I was sort of imagining a middle ground meet up and perhaps a brief back country road / scenic drive and then we all head back to our respective ports of call. How does that sound?

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and
post #233 of 256 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
@posttosh that's what I initially thought. @DrFeelGood is down your way and the other two of us are up in the seattle general area. I was sort of imagining a middle ground meet up and perhaps a brief back country road / scenic drive and then we all head back to our respective ports of call. How does that sound?
Heh. The Seattle/Portland midpoint is Centralia/Chehalis. Although it is not quite the End of the World, it is possible to see the End of the World from there.

Backroads R Us; we have been exploring backroads and byways in Gifford Pinchot National Forest and the Mt. Hood National Forest, and along both sides of the Columbia River from White Salmon, Washington, and Hood River, Oregon, to Astoria, Oregon, and Long Beach, Washington, for 45 years. As you know, the worst weather of almost any year around these parts is in February, and, although we get some beautiful days in March, the March weather is hit-and-miss. One possibility might be to meet up at the DeGoede Bulb Farm in Mossyrock, Washington, where the tulips are usually in full bloom in late April or early May.

Last edited by posttosh; 02-03-2019 at 10:02 AM. Reason: added photo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #234 of 256 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 01:02 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by posttosh View Post
Heh. The Seattle/Portland midpoint is Centralia/Chehalis. Although it is not quite the End of the World, it is possible to see the End of the World from there.

Backroads R Us; we have been exploring backroads and byways in Gifford Pinchot National Forest and the Mt. Hood National Forest, and along both sides of the Columbia River from White Salmon, Washington, and Hood River, Oregon, to Astoria, Oregon, and Long Beach, Washington, for 45 years. As you know, the worst weather of almost any year around these parts is in February, and, although we get some beautiful days in March, the March weather is hit-and-miss. One possibility might be to meet up at the DeGoede Bulb Farm in Mossyrock, Washington, where the tulips are usually in full bloom in late April or early May.

Oooo pretty...

Point taken about the weather. Feb is a bit dicey for sure.

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:

.MSP brakes &
slotted rotors
post #235 of 256 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yes... the weather is likely not ideal, but I'd be game for trying. @DrFeelGood, your photos aren't showing up for me. They say blocked.

Alex
---}
{---

, and
post #236 of 256 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 02:30 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Yes... the weather is likely not ideal, but I'd be game for trying. @DrFeelGood, your photos aren't showing up for me. They say blocked.
Thanks. I don't know why that was happening. New image.
I'm up for trying as well but I won't mess with snow. I sold my 16" winter set when I did brake upgrade. I also really would like to have @hurddawg there as we are planning a sway bar swap. If you bring your mirrors and radio it will be a proper swap meet. I have some speed6 brake hardware, engine cover hardware and ambient lights for you.

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:

.MSP brakes &
slotted rotors
post #237 of 256 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 11:52 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I'm up for a meet as well. Although it will probably depend on where I'm at with my car. Later in Feb at the earliest would probably be ideal for me.

- 2007 Mazda6 Sport Wagon VE, A6, bought Nov 30th '18

- 2017 Chevrolet SS Nightfall Gray 6mt & LS3
- 1957 Chevrolet Sports Sedan
- 1992,1994 Infiniti G20 2.0L, 5mt
- 2000 Infiniti G20 2.0L, auto

Previous Mazdas: 89 & 2 x 92 626s

post #238 of 256 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 05:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm getting excited!!! I've dreamed of a meet up since I found the 6 club.
DrFeelGood likes this.

Alex
---}
{---

, and
post #239 of 256 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 03:31 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Is the meet open to any wagon owner
post #240 of 256 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Ayala View Post
Is the meet open to any wagon owner
With as excited as @waughoo sounds I'd be willing to bet it is lol

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
To Come lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page