2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring Soul Red - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring Soul Red

2015 Mazda Grand Touring / Soul Red (The Wife's Ride, I have a CX-9 Grand Touring)
Black Leather / Sunroof / Navigation / Heated Seats / Bose System

Interior Mods
JDM Interior LED Lighting Kit
Stainless Steel Door Sill & Trunk Cover
Weather Mats with Mazda 6 Logo
Valentine One Radar Detector (Hard Wired)

Exterior Mods
3M Window Tint 15%
Trunk Spoiler in Soul Red
Gun Metal Finished OEM 19 Rims
JDM LED Fog Light Bulbs
JDM LED Reverse Light Bulbs

Mazda Rims 1 by , on Flickr

Mazda Rims 2 by , on Flickr

Mazda 6 13 by , on Flickr

Mazda 6 10 by , on Flickr

Mazda 6 21 by Joe Pisciotta, on Flickr

Mazda 6 LED interior by , on Flickr

2017-07-15_10-14-57 by , on Flickr

2017-07-15_10-17-23 by , on Flickr

2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring Soul Red - Black Leather, Sunroof, Bose, Navi, 19's and more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
15% tint on the front windows? Well below the Florida minimum of 28%. Brave? Or is it rare to get a ticket for it? I've always gotten 35% in FL because I remember my brother getting a ticket probably 15 years ago in Central FL. But I see really dark fronts all the time around here so I guess it pretty much is ignored.

2017 Mazda6 Deep Crystal Blue Touring w/ Bose/Moonroof and Premium Packages
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 09:24 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 782 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2882 Post(s)
Thanked 4,059 Times in 2,851 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
It's been so long since I've seen the original TomTom color scheme that I had forgotten I changed mine lol. If you're interested: http://forum.mazda6club.com/electric...on-scheme.html

Good work on the car so far though

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 11:45 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sweet ride.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepCrystal17 View Post
15% tint on the front windows? Well below the Florida minimum of 28%. Brave? Or is it rare to get a ticket for it? I've always gotten 35% in FL because I remember my brother getting a ticket probably 15 years ago in Central FL. But I see really dark fronts all the time around here so I guess it pretty much is ignored.
It is ignored, I've never been pulled over for tint. The few times I've been pulled over for speeding they never looked at the tint either when it was an easy ticket for them. Even got out of the speeding tickets.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
It's been so long since I've seen the original TomTom color scheme that I had forgotten I changed mine lol. If you're interested: http://forum.mazda6club.com/electric...on-scheme.html

Good work on the car so far though

I didn't know this was even possible. I wondered why there wasn't more visual options. Even my 08 Mustang GT had 3 different dash colors to choose from.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 12:08 PM
Shiro Shinobi

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjr50 View Post
I didn't know this was even possible. I wondered why there wasn't more visual options. Even my 08 Mustang GT had 3 different dash colors to choose from.
Yeah I immediately started poking around this when I got the car because the TomTom menu structure and everything is just awful.

A lot of time on TomTom support forums and whatnot later, and I found the info in that thread - there's a few other tweaks you can do, but I don't advise it because it could screw up the whole device.

Beyond that, unfortunately there's almost nothing you can do (within reason). There's a back-end way into the thing, but I haven't the time or tools to pull the unit out of my car and figure it out.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
It is ignored, I've never been pulled over for tint. The few times I've been pulled over for speeding they never looked at the tint either when it was an easy ticket for them. Even got out of the speeding tickets.
I'm sure it's fairly rare but it is possible to get stopped for it according to some blogs I just read. One tint shop said they get plenty of cars coming in to get the dark tint replaced with lighter. Plus I find it difficult to see out even my 35% tint at night. Can't imagine 15%. Good luck!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Can you post pics of how yours look?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 01:59 PM
Shiro Shinobi

Garage
Quote:
I'm sure it's fairly rare but it is possible to get stopped for it according to some blogs I just read. One tint shop said they get plenty of cars coming in to get the dark tint replaced with lighter. Plus I find it difficult to see out even my 35% tint at night. Can't imagine 15%. Good luck!
Careful with this also fellers. As of 2018, Taxachusetts is requiring by law that all State Inspection sites must have a live video feed directly from their shop to the DMV which will be for monitoring all inspections performed.

This means your local mom and pop inspection station probably won't foot the bill and you'll have to go elsewhere like a dealer, or if they do foot it, they won't be able to skip on even a single thing - as I know from stories that some places will skip over trivial things like tint.

It's a first offense to have tint darker than state law, so enforcement can pull you over for this and ticket you. Do they do it often? Usually not.

Quote:
Can you post pics of how yours look?
Was this directed at me for the nav or him for the tint?

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page