Kufliclicks' 2015 Liquid Silver 6 Touring - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kufliclicks View Post
I tried Waze for the first time today, and it took me to the middle of a busy highway and said "You have arrived." I think I'll just stick to old reliable Google Maps for now. That being said, I have my Passport 9500xi now. It seems great, but I'm going to have to get used to it.

It could have been me who suggested Waze, since it's what I've used for awhile now. I haven't ran into any address issues at all, and I think it does a pretty good job of guiding around traffic when it saves you time; but who really knows how long a more direct route would have actually taken.

I don't have a radar detector so if I know I'll be 10+ over the speed limit I'll throw on Waze since it does a pretty effective job of keeping you aware of cops on the road. Sure, sometimes the cop is gone from where they say they were but slowing down to the speed limit for a few isn't a big deal. I would say its definitely saved me a handful of times.
kufliclicks likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ 2014 M6 iTouring ~
- 20" Versante wheels
- Corksport SRI
- Corksport Axel-Back Exhaust
- LED Interior Lighting
- XuJi Black Suede Steering Wheel Cover
- GP Thunder 8500K Xenon Low's/High's
- 35% / 20% Llumar Tint
- VLED rear tail lights & side markers
- Centric cross-drilled brake rotors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
I think I'll give it a second chance. I may even try both!
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Garage
I live in VA where radar detectors are illegal. I guess people here use Waze religiously (including myself) and they are reported 99% of the time when they are hunting speeders. This is probably THE worst state to speed in but sometimes driving down 95 gets boring.
kufliclicks likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 04:56 AM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Groans: 22
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYANiDE View Post
I live in VA where radar detectors are illegal. I guess people here use Waze religiously (including myself) and they are reported 99% of the time when they are hunting speeders. This is probably THE worst state to speed in but sometimes driving down 95 gets boring.
I drove through Virginia today and felt naked without my 9500ix on the windshield. I had it back in place by the time I hit Ohio and then Waze saved my ass by pointing out a cop that was shooting laser. The radar detector would have just been a ticket confirmation had I not been forewarned of him.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
CYANiDE and kufliclicks like this.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
After researching and talking to a few buddies of mine, I decided that discounts were not worth waiting for, as they are few and far between. I ordered the following:

Corksport
- Short RAM Intake (all black, polished clamps)
- LED Light Kit
- License Plate Relocation Kit

Racing Beat
- Axle-back Exhaust

I am waiting on purchasing the Cold Air Box from Corksport while they work out the kinks, but I will once they do. Rounding out my next CS order will be front and rear bars, and maybe a RMM. After that, I'll look into headlights and taillights. That doesn't mean that I am done, just that I'm done for now. Thanks for the help, everyone! I'll get some pictures up after I install everything.
jenjen777 likes this.

Last edited by kufliclicks; 06-21-2016 at 01:19 AM. Reason: missssssing s
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Over the Fourth of July weekend, I installed my parts! Here's a quick rundown with some pictures:

1) Right License Plate Relocation

So, this one was pretty simple. My first mod of the day, complete with instructions. First, I unscrewed the dealership box from the front bumper. This part made me sick, because the drill holes left are big and ugly. (the kit did come with bumper plugs, but they are black, so I am currently painting them) After that, I used a screwdriver to pry the cover off of the tow hook. The anchor was a sturdy metal rod, which screwed almost all the way into the bumper. This anchor supported a brace, which supported the license plate holder itself. I used a level, and the whole thing turned out very sleek. Corksport provided theft-resistant screws for the license plate, which are nice, but I feel unnecessary. In case of emergency, they provide a key to keep in your car. The job took me about 30 minutes (with a lot of breaks).
BONUS! Today I got some new OEM polished stainless steel frames. I needed the front one, because my plate bent without support.

Before:

Sans License Plate:

After:

Bonus (look at those bumper holes!):

2) Corksport SRI

The hardest part about this install was removing the factory airbox. The thing was huge! The box itself extended from the top of the engine bay all the way to the bottom, and was clipped in everywhere. Corksport provided step-by-step, extremely detailed instructions with pictures, and I never felt lost. I chose all black with polished silver clamps for my intake, to fit the eventual theme of the car. The car feels immediately quicker, and the sound is very nice. I disconnected my battery here to reset the ECU, because that causes the car to relearn my inputs and the new parts (this inadvertently caused my MPG to drop lower than it had been in a while, but still higher then when I got the car) I expect the benefits to fully kick in once I get a tune. This mod took me about an hour with a few breaks.

OEM Airbox:

Engine Bay:

Intake Close-up:

3) LED Cabin Light Kit

This mod was very simple, but tedious. Once again, Corksport offered very detailed instructions, which made sure I didn't forget anything. The lights I replaced were: the interior dome lights, the front door courtesy lights, the glove box light, the license plate lights, and the trunk light. Each light, save one, had a cover that slipped off with a flat-head screwdriver. I have big hands, so getting the bulbs out was a pain in the ass. Since the battery was disconnected, I just pried the bulbs out with a screwdriver. DO NOT do this while the battery is connected. The hardest part about this install by far was the glove box light. I had to remove the glove box, unscrew the light fixture up in the dash, unsnap the fixture, and replace the bulb. Altogether, this mod took me about 45 minutes.

Dome Lights from Back Seat:

Dome Lights from Outside:

License Plate Lights:

Courtesy Lights:

Trunk Light:

Full Package:

4) Racing Beat Exhaust

This install was surprisingly easy. The only catch is that you need a lift or stands to complete it. I went to a friend's garage and he was nice enough to help. Even though my car is only a little over a year old, the OEM exhaust was starting to rust. Damn you, Minnesota winter! Despite this, the bolts came off easily and the hangers only needed a little WD-40 to get them loose. Racing Beat provided some dense instructions on a sheet of paper, but nothing hard enough to misinterpret. Everything slipped into place and bolted in fine. The OEM exhaust was SUPER heavy! The muffler itself was big and clunky, so there is definitely some weight reduction going on here. Finally, I reconnected the battery and fired her up. The note produced is a mean growl, and I am very happy with it. At no point is the exhaust annoying, and I have gotten a lot of complements for it. I brought my 6 to the dealership yesterday, and word got around. I may have done some accidental advertising, haha. This is definitely the most satisfied I have been with the car, and I was satisfied to begin with. I mean, I bought it, right? This install took me about 45 minutes, including unboxing and jacking the car up.

Rear View:

Tips:

I'm very happy with my mods so far, and I now turn my head to wheels and tires. There is a lot of information out there, so I have to do my research. Hope you guys enjoyed!

Last edited by kufliclicks; 07-08-2016 at 02:56 AM. Reason: grammar, cleaning up
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kufliclicks For This Useful Post:
Byakuya (07-08-2016), jcme0557 (07-08-2016)
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 07:42 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 753 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2731 Post(s)
Thanked 3,990 Times in 2,803 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Wow! Lots of good work sir. Good choice of plate frame; I've got the exact same one

Makes me want to keep modding my car, but I don't want to keep getting my wife angry

How's the exhaust sound with the new intake?

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Thanks for the detailed update!

I'm a new 6 owner and I've done most of the same stuff to my car...except, no front plate relocate and I've got the K&N intake, not the CS one. The intake and exhaust have worked out better than I ever expected. I love the subtle but distinctive growl from my car now, every time I punch the gas!

(Last car I owned seemed to resist modifications like the plague! Everything I did seemed to make the car more unlivable.)

2016 Mazda 6 Touring (w/6-speed manual transmission)
OE fog lights/navigation card/auto-dimming mirror/
Tanabe front strut bar/
Orange Virus 91-octane tune/Racing Beat rear muffler

post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
Wow! Lots of good work sir. Good choice of plate frame; I've got the exact same one

Makes me want to keep modding my car, but I don't want to keep getting my wife angry

How's the exhaust sound with the new intake?
Thank you! The mod bug bit me something fierce, and I'm lucky that I'm the only one on my bank account, haha.

I installed the intake first, so I have no actual reference point without it. That being said, it sounded throatier than I heard in Youtube videos. That could be the intake, but that could also fall under technological shortcomings. All I know is, I like it.

I chose that plate frame because I really like black on liquid silver. It just pops better than the silver on silver would (plus, Zoom-zoom > Driving matters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcme0557 View Post
Thanks for the detailed update!

I'm a new 6 owner and I've done most of the same stuff to my car...except, no front plate relocate and I've got the K&N intake, not the CS one. The intake and exhaust have worked out better than I ever expected. I love the subtle but distinctive growl from my car now, every time I punch the gas!

(Last car I owned seemed to resist modifications like the plague! Everything I did seemed to make the car more unlivable.)
Congrats on the new 6! The car definitely seems to take to the extra air well! I was leaning toward the K&N intake myself, but I decided that I wanted to enclose it entirely. Instead of taking a risk with compatibility, I stayed in the CS family, and I'll buy the box when they fix it.
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Just a quick update! I bought an Autoexe strut bar and some Megan Racing coilovers from Jomar23M6. Not only was communication great, but the items were shipped well, and quickly! Currently looking at wheels. I plan on moving this info to a build thread sometime soon, then I will do a proper update.

In the meantime, I just had a nasty impact filled on my windshield. A metal ball rolled about 60mph towards me, off of someone's truck on the way to work Thursday morning. They didn't stop, and there wasn't a way for me to track them down, so I have to eat this one eventually. I didn't think to get before photos, but if anyone wants, I can post some afters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page